PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it funny how

jackiesjottings
July 27th, 2010, 03:26 AM
You can have loads of hair but if there is one stray, shed hair hanging down your arm.. you feel it. And if there is one hair pulled too tight in your updo-- you feel that too. Both happened to me this morning. Updo now sorted. Stray shed hair now removed from vicinity of arm.

Chiara
July 27th, 2010, 04:04 AM
or if there is one stray hair across your face, you will obsessively search out that hair...maddening (we've had a lot of windy weather here recently!)

GRU
July 27th, 2010, 07:13 AM
You can have loads of hair but if there is one stray, shed hair hanging down your arm.. you feel it. And if there is one hair pulled too tight in your updo-- you feel that too. Both happened to me this morning. Updo now sorted. Stray shed hair now removed from vicinity of arm.

Happened to me TWICE this morning... took it down and redid it, the exact same strand (at least it felt like it!) was too tight AGAIN. :angry:

But the third time was the charm!!!

tinti
July 27th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Or when there's one shed hair down on your back, it itches like crazy :p

breezefaerie
July 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Or when you get a stray hair tucked into your bra and have to figure out how to delicately fish around in there for it!

spidermom
July 27th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I just hate it when I get my hair braided, and it feels like the entire weight of the braid is hanging on 1 or 2 hairs.

ericthegreat
July 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
That always happens to me too! I will perfect my ponytail/ bun/ or braid and then around 10 minutes later I'll feel a strand or even several strands of my hair suddenly fall out of my style and I'll feel it over my face or on my arms. I often end up redo-ing my style maybe twice a day or so.

LeaM07
July 27th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Ugh... I always end up with one in my sock or in the toe of my tights. And I usually don't realize it until I'm dressed and ready to walk out the door. :taz:

Gumball
July 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Ah! Two big (yet utterly little) things that result in having to redo a whole style. Hopefully when it happens it's something nice and quick, because if it isn't we're all doomed!

Anje
July 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Ugh... I always end up with one in my sock or in the toe of my tights. And I usually don't realize it until I'm dressed and ready to walk out the door. :taz:
Ah yes... I hate it when I'm trying to put on socks or shoes and end up getting my toes flossed.

Kyla
July 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Happens to me all the time. Half the time the hair ends up getting accidentally plucked out.

tanya222
July 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Ah yes... I hate it when I'm trying to put on socks or shoes and end up getting my toes flossed.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who hates toe flossing :D

Sammich
July 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Oh good, I'm not the only one who hates toe flossing :D

Ick, indeed. :D

Agreed, I hate when I put my hair in the most fanciest updo I've ever done...
then the pain starts with one or two strands of hair, and I can't find where they are eventhough I keep pulling to loosen a bit!! RAWRR!

dreamsofthewind
July 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Almost all the time there is ONE HAIR hanging down and tickling the underside of my left arm. No matter what I do, it always finds its way there! :rolleyes:

eezepeeze
July 31st, 2010, 12:36 PM

:D:D Yes, or stuck in the sole of your shoe during a meeting and you keep trying to wiggle your foot around to dislodge it, to no avail.

embee
July 31st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Ick. And if the stray sheds are annoying to *us* just think how irritating they must be to the others who live with us and find our sheds annoying them.

My brother used to complain bitterly about his stepdaughter's long hair which seemed to be *everywhere*. I noticed it also when I lived there for a short time, her hair was floating around in every room, on every floor, in every tub or shower. Strange.

bridgetsgirl
July 31st, 2010, 12:49 PM
OMG, I hate this too! It seems like every other day there's a stray hair hanging out of my shirt sleeve or wiggling in my bra and it takes me forever to find the bugger. And then there's how my t-shirts come out of the dryer with strands woven into them, seriously!

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 01:42 PM
How about......... when you are showering and a loose strand or two gets washed right into your butt crack ?? Yep, I said it ! The water naturally flows there and takes the hair with it, and it's a weird feeling to pull stray hairs from there !!

eezepeeze
July 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM
How about......... when you are showering and a loose strand or two gets washed right into your butt crack ?? Yep, I said it ! The water naturally flows there and takes the hair with it, and it's a weird feeling to pull stray hairs from there !!

OMG! I'm so glad you had the guts to say this!!! It was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP. I think this is number one on my "you know you're a long hair" list!!! :D:D

GrowAlready
July 31st, 2010, 02:51 PM

Yes!! I usually don't feel it until I put all my clothes on and then it tickles my hiney (usually while I am at work of course) all day. SO annoying!

practikalmagik
July 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Oh god hair in my tights and socks is such a pet peeve. I also hate it when you have one uber tight strand in that perfect updo which you can never get to look right after you adjust it to make it looser on that strand.

I also hate how often my stray hairs magically find their way into my face cloth and drive me mad when I'm washing my face cos I can't see them when I look in the mirror.

lapushka
August 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
or if there is one stray hair across your face, you will obsessively search out that hair...maddening (we've had a lot of windy weather here recently!)

And what about when, while trying to look for that one hair that's stuck to your face, you end up cross-eyed, making all kinds of silly gestures across your face (try it in front of a mirror some time). :D

SlightlySoprano
August 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
The worst for me is after the shower I ALWAYS have a stray hair or two wrapped around my big toe. It never fails.

CrisDee
August 1st, 2010, 10:54 AM
My stray hairs, for some reason, always end up stuck in my eye. And between my hair being UBER fine and my eyesight being crap, I can't see the daggum thing to get it OUT. Drives me NUTS - that was the one thing I absolutely LOVED about having a pixie - no stray hair stuck in my eye!

JenniferNoel
August 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
I hate when stray hairs get caught in my glasses. Half the reason I cut bangs (which I'm not growing out). It's the worst.
Also, the awfulness is when I'm in the studio recording a flawless lead guitar solo and a stray hair gets loose and starts causing a terrible itch in the middle of the process.