PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about night time hair

Darkhorse1
July 26th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hey gang,

I have a few questions for you all.
I'm noticing a lot more frizz/pouf to my hair lately--most likely it's due to our lovely hot/humid summer.

But, I'm also noticing that my hair looks pretty good before bedtime, but when I wake up, it's uber pouffy with fly-aways.

I'm a hard sleeper in that I'm restless before I fall asleep. I don't wear it up anymore and am wondering if this is why I have more frizz?

Not sure if any of you noticed a difference in frizz from washing in the morning to nighttime/before bed and from not putting it into a braid or such vs leaving it loose at bedtime.

Always curious to get others experiences :D:cheese:

Quixii
July 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM
My hair usually looks better if I wash it right before I go to sleep. I put it in a ponytail and go to sleep. I'd guess I don't toss-and-turn enough to seriously mess it up, so the waves and curls look pretty nice in the morning.
If I shower during the day or in the morning, then I'll for-sure be walking around or whatever, and my hair dries frizzier. Grr.

triumphator!
July 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hm... while my hair is less frizzy when I wake up in the morning, it looks awful, so I have to wash it and then it frizzes out again. Sorry I'm of no help :/

Smile4Kiki
July 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
My hair is too short to really do anything with it before bed as a ponytail usually doesn't stay in place during the night and its not long enough for a legitimate braid. I've been washing in the morning since its summer time and I let it dry in a ponytail as this smooths out my frizz and reduces my urge to heat style. I was thinking the other day that come winter time I will most likely be washing my hair before bed since I won't be using the blow dryer anymore. Hopefully that works well for me.

Darkhorse1
July 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks all :) I have a feeling the frizz is due to the humidity in my area, and working outdoors in the elements has always taken it's toll on my hair--specifically the ends.

I may just start oiling 2x a week to help strengthen it.

thanks for the input!

Oh--just wanted to say that, I too find that my hair stays cleaner/looks better (usually) washing before I go to bed. Makes no sense for me to do it in the morning since I work at a barn/ride/train horses. :D

angel007
July 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I braid my hair before bed, and that helps a lot with frizz and tangles. Of course, I still have some frizzies on top of my head in the morning - the part that's not in the braid. Perhaps a cap or hankerchief would help.

Kristin
July 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I contain my hair in a braid or bun for bed and oil the ends every night as well. Do you use a sleep cap or satin pillowcase? I think that helps my hair, too.

Darkhorse1
July 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Nope, no cap or satin pillowcase---I sweat a lot, so I have to have cotton pillowcases.

I may try a week of a loose braid, but I already will get sprial curls with no braid going to be wet at night--can you imagine braiding while wet? I'll be uber poof. hahahah.

MissManda
July 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
My hair has become quite frizzy in the summer heat and I am having a hard time preventing it from becoming a giant fuzzball. I usually sleep with my hair in a braid or bun for bedtime and I am a rather sound sleeper, but I will still wake up with frizz.

The only way I can cope with it is to lightly oil my hair and put it up for the rest of the day. I'm actually afraid of taking my hair down because it gets frizzier as the days go on.

1953Diygal
July 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I usually put my hair in a snood before bed and I sleep on a satin pillowcase.

In2wishin
July 26th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I usually put my hair in a bun or braid it for bed. I have lots of baby hairs right now so I always seem to have a corona no matter what I do. With the current heat and humidity I end up with more frizzies from the braid only because I don't secure it so the lowest 5 inches or so come undone but the hair curls into a sort of giant ringlet.

I started sleeping on a silk pillowcase and found that I sweat less than I did with my cotton ones. You might want to rethink that, but make sure it is pure silk. Polyester satin will make you sweat more.