PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

going gray
July 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Recently realized that the right side of my hair is "normal" for me & the left is somewhat frizzy. No amount of oiling & conditioner chances that fact. Am I alone here?

triumphator!
July 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Do you cause breakage on one side more than the other by using elastics w/ metal, or otherwise stressing one side? Just a thought!

(My hair is frizzy all over, at least you have one sleek side! :))

*Aoife*
July 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Is your hair possibly slightly wavy on the left? Mine is slightly less wavy in certain spots and they tend to frizz for some weird reason. Right above one of my ears is very unwavy and it frizzes all the time

Centaur
July 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I am frizzier more on my left side too. There must be more breakage on that side.

pepperminttea
July 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Do you sleep on your side?

Cheeks1206
July 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
The left side of my hair is curlier than the right. Sometimes things like that happen. However, if you don't think the issue is that you're slightly wavier on one side, hopefully you'll be able to find a solution!

In2wishin
July 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Do you sleep on your side?

I was going to ask this too.

Also, do you curl your hair or style it to make it do something that is not it's natural tendency? Back in high school when I tried to wear a bob I would curl my hair but the right side would get funny. I found out that hair grows in a whorl (think fingerprints) and if you have some natural curl or wave that will also tend to go in that pattern so my left side would curl nicely towards the neck but the right side kept wanting to curl out so I had a half bob and a half messy flip :(

going gray
July 26th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ladies thanks, you've given plenty to think about. I appreciate all your replies.

going gray
July 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Been thinking after reading your replies...I need to get a silk pillowcase & pronto.

Thanks again you lovely ladies for the help!