PDA

View Full Version : What length would you say I'm at?

Maddy25
July 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Hello :) I am having a hard time figuring out where I am in this hair growing thing. I've been growing for 5 months since a pixie, with no trims or anything since then. I have hit mullety stage where the back is the longest part. I was wondering, is this concidered chin? Some of the front pieces reach my chin and the back is at the very base of my neck, but I still have a bunch of hair at the top that is only at the bottom of my ears.

Heres a pic, what do you think?
Also I'm growing out henna, what do you think about henna/blonde roots 2tone? Could be interesting?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/hair-1.jpg

Medievalmaniac
July 26th, 2010, 08:48 AM
The back is certainly at chin. The front will take a lot longer to get there, alas - but you can certainly claim that your longest layers are chin! :) I love the color.

Carolyn
July 26th, 2010, 09:00 AM
The back looks like what I'd call collar length. The longest strands in front look to be chin length. I love your natural blonde color.

triumphator!
July 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Perhaps it would be better to measure the front in inches and the back in inches, and monitor both's growth?

pepperminttea
July 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Perhaps it would be better to measure the front in inches and the back in inches, and monitor both's growth?

This. You might want to trim the back to give the front time to catch up to it at some point, and avoid the mullet of doom, so measuring the front will give you more of a true reflection of your progress.
So much envy of your natural colour! (Although you suit the henna too - no fair! :p )

vampyriccadence
July 26th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I want to wish you the best of luck in growing out your locks! I've been growing mine out as well, but starting from the length you have now.

I really love the blonde, but I also love reds, I couldn't possibly choose which I like better.

Sammich
July 26th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Your natural hair colour is gorgeous, sort of reminds me of my darling's hair colour! :D
I agree with measuring both, I wouldn't quite call it chin yet but the back is chin! :D

spidermom
July 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I'd call that collar length. We always go by the longest point reached, don't we? People with layers and fringe don't give separate lengths.

Your natural color is very pretty and delicate looking, but (SURPRISE!) I think I like the red color on you better as your natural color blends right in with your skin tone.

pennyroyal
July 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
We are right around the same length. Mine is a little longer (i promise i will post pics soon) but we are at about the same stage with a pixie grow out. How you lovin the mullet? hehe. :pMine is long enough to wear it in a tiny ponytail so that's what i do cause i hate the mullet!
As for your hair color you look gorgeous either way so it's whatever is your preference really. You are so pretty!

Maddy25
July 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Thank you so much everyone for the input! I guess with the length difference from front to back it's hard to say for sure how long, but I think I'll call this chin for the moment as the longest layers in the front hit my jaw now.

I'm not minding the mullet at all, I can also put mine in a tiny pony but it kind of pulls and hurts so must days I just leave it. I figure, it may not look great now but if I just leave it, pretty soon it wont look like a mullet at all anymore but just layers :)

Quixii
July 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Hey, nice to see you again! I've been missing seeing your pretty face around the boards. :) (Does that sound creepy? Oops.)

Yeah, I'm not sure how you would classify multi-lengthed hair like that. I'd probably call it at least chin.

Maddy25
July 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hey, nice to see you again! I've been missing seeing your pretty face around the boards. :) (Does that sound creepy? Oops.)

Yeah, I'm not sure how you would classify multi-lengthed hair like that. I'd probably call it at least chin.

aw thank you sweetie! Not creepy at all :)

*Aoife*
July 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I don't know but I LOVE your dress!! It's sooo purple. Yes, I am Captain Obvious!

Sammich
July 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I don't know but I LOVE your dress!! It's sooo purple. Yes, I am Captain Obvious!

Oh yeah, I couldn't stop staring at it when I looked at your picture! :p
My favourite purple. :o

beez1717
July 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I have to say congrats on getting to collar/flip length!! Happy growing is in your future. You're at the point where you start realizing that you are actually getting some length and you can be someone with long hair.

freckles
July 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'd go with 'collar', I think :)

Hylia
July 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
The henna looks really good on lighter hair, it suits you. But I think you are at chin length, the ends look longer than the front.