PDA

View Full Version : crazy hair-obsessive behavior? or comlpetely normal?

Celtic_Willow
July 26th, 2010, 04:36 AM
OK so yesterday my dbf's sister got engaged (yay :cheese: ) and we got to talking about the wedding. Is it strange/overly hair-obsessive that when she said they are planning the wedding for summer of 2012, I was mentally calculating that by that time my hair will be at my goal length of waist, and therefore got really excited at the possibilities of all the different formal updo's and hairstyles I could wear? Of course I didn't admit any of this to her out loud for fear of weird looks, but is this normal behavior? :crazyq:

bunnii
July 26th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Welcome to LHC :D

I think it's normal for here, it might not be elsewhere though :ponder:

BelleBot
July 26th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Hehe, I'm the same. I can remember working out how long my hair would be when I start my nursing course as I wanted to impress new friends with super long hair. It's not going to happen as I'm no way near my goal yet.
But I was also working out how long my hair would be for graduation. I plan to wear it down so I can see the difference in length between graduation photos. I'm graduating this October so it should be around mid butt and I'll have another graduation in 2013, by which time I should be beyond my goal of classic, and hopefully hit my next goal of fingertip, which is exciting!

freckles
July 26th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Welcome to LHC :D

I think it's normal for here, it might not be elsewhere though :ponder:

haha, yes, this. It's totally understandable to me, but I also wouldn't admit it aloud in non-LHC company. :lol:

*Aoife*
July 26th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I do this all the time :D Like how I should have 30" of hair by the time I finish school. But that mightn't happen because I'll be very stressed for the next year.

kimki
July 26th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Yup I think it's normal.....for us :D

Phexlyn
July 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I guess around here this is perfectly normal :D
I've also been calculating which length I will be at on my next birthday, graduation etc. It's just the other way round of "when will I reach ...length?"

jackiesjottings
July 26th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Oh yes. Normal :)) I was growing my hair in the early 80's and a friend was getting married in early 82 adn I thought just the same... how long will my hair be by then?

Dreams_in_Pink
July 26th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I heard many people estimating their hair length and weight before important events :) I believe this one is normal, but there are some other stuff that'd attract weird looks from people (like catnip rinses :D )

Cheeks1206
July 26th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I agree with the others-it's normal for us. I did the exact same thing when my friend got engaged.

dropinthebucket
July 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM
haha, i estimate length before trips! how crazy is that?! - if i have a big trip coming in (insert date here) how long will my hair be? - yeah, i think it's totally hair-obsessed, but i've never had long hair before and i might get the urge to ... um, CUT ... if i didn't obsess like this! it's only imagining it at a certain length in the future that keeps me hangin' in there! :D

Capybara
July 26th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I do this, too. I'll admit that I am a little obsessed ... :rolleyes:

Stephichan
July 26th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I do this all the time. After I cut my pixie I immediately started wondering how long it would be for my sister's wedding, my friend's wedding, my graduation, etc.

Carolyn
July 26th, 2010, 07:22 AM
It's perfectly normal here at LHC :D A few years ago I took an office for a local club. My hair was a little bit past mid back at the time and I estimated I'd be at waist when my 2 year term was over. It didn't happen but I was dreaming about it. I'd never admit this outside LHC :p

Monsterkitti
July 26th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Yup I do this aswell :) Birthdays, christmas, special nights out and weddings all get the same treatment :)

pepperminttea
July 26th, 2010, 07:55 AM
It's normal for LHC? :p

When I was thinking about graduation back in Spring, it definitely did occur to me that by now I'd be at waist. It was a comforting thought. :)

DakarNick
July 26th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'd say normal. My fiance told me, after I proposed, that she wanted around BSL length hair by the time we get married. Setting the date 13 months out from the proposal date made it far out enough that her hair goal would be reached also. She later told me she would have a hard time getting married with short hair, if she had to cut it for some reason. Oh well, it is long we'll be hitched in 12 days! Too bad her hair was not at waist instead of APL when I proposed. She could have made her goal classic!

Sammich
July 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Oh yes, it's completely normal.
Does taking pictures of your hair everyday count as obsessive LHC behaviour? ^_^
Yes it does, and that's what I do. LOL. :p

maxzeen
July 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I think it's normal. My cousin is getting married in two months and when I first found out about the wedding I was thinking of different hairstyles I could do with my hair.

Amelia
July 26th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Totally normal around these parts, i would say ;)
I've been dreaming of next Christmas with fervour! I haven't seen my family in almost two years (different countries) and I keep fantasing at the 'shock' they will get when they see my hair! Last time anyone saw me I was shoulder length!

triumphator!
July 26th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Haha, I would have done that too. Everyone wants to look their best at weddings! :D

heynormy
July 26th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Agreed!! Normal for us, crazy for others!! :D

Alvrodul
July 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
OK so yesterday my dbf's sister got engaged (yay :cheese: ) and we got to talking about the wedding. Is it strange/overly hair-obsessive that when she said they are planning the wedding for summer of 2012, I was mentally calculating that by that time my hair will be at my goal length of waist, and therefore got really excited at the possibilities of all the different formal updo's and hairstyles I could wear? Of course I didn't admit any of this to her out loud for fear of weird looks, but is this normal behavior? :crazyq:
Perfectly normal. :D I am actually already contemplating what hair toys I should wear for Christmas. :cool:;):D

Kome
July 26th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Yep! I think about how long it will be by, say, Christmas, next summer, by the time I have children. I think about the later a lot. I don't know why, but I'd looooove to be at my goal length when I have children. A big belly and gorgeous long locks! It's very appealing to me. *blush*

Smile4Kiki
July 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
My DBF is probably sick of me doing this ALL the time. I have calculated that by my birthday I'll be at shoulder, for my undergrad graduation I will be at apl, and by the time I finish grad school (3 years) I'll be approaching my goal length. Are you saying that's not normal? :p

Mexibeach
July 26th, 2010, 06:01 PM
OH! :eek: I understand completely. I find myself doing the same calculations... and I'm not in any weddings....... :eyebrows:

Speckla
July 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Normal. I split mine into 6 mth goals. June (my son's bday) and Dec (Christmas).

Juneii
July 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Normal? Why yes, yes it is. I am already looking forward to the next summer as I hope by then I will be about an inch or two away from classic :D

ArienEllariel
July 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM
It's normal. :P I figure I could easily be at BSL by Christmas or so I'm hoping. I'm at or slightly above APL right now. I don't know why but my hair seems to have hit a stall that has lasted about 3 months (of course some of this could be that I got a trim of about an inch or two last month so my hair still seems the same length as before). It's funny because a lot of people on here mention how their hair grows a ton over the summer. Not so for me.. *sigh* I guess we can't have everything.

I've calculated that to get to my original tailbone length goal, it will take me roughly 2.5 years if I don't hit a stall again and if my hair doesn't need to be trimmed a whole lot. It's a long time.. but at least I can look forward to BSL hair by Christmas. It's a start. :)