PDA

View Full Version : is this way of calculation sounds right?

urara12
July 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
it's sounds bit paranoia ... but I've been counting how much my hair shed when I wash my hair ( Dr recommend it to me because I was too worry about shedding )
most my hair shed when I wash my hair and blow dryer ( I don't use brush, just blow dry for less than 5 min )

my hair shed # is depends on the day.( I wash my hair daily)
sometime like 40 less + 30 blow dry.
but sometime 90+30 blow dry.
so I did calculate all the shed # for a month then devided 30days.
it's like 70 a day .
I heard 100 -150 hair shed daily is normal.

is the calculation sounds ok to get avarage # of hair shed?
or should I just count for each day?

also my hair shed a lot but my pony size become more..
8cm to 9cm. wonder why?

sorry...it might be sounds stupid question.

Igor
July 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM
That’s perfectly normal

It seems like that “you’re supposed to shed 100-150 hairs a day” number is one of those things people just throw out there like a factoid, but isn’t necessarily is the truth (I hear 50-100 most often btw)

Your hair is also “supposed to” grow for only 3-7 years for example

It seems like when it comes to the real, based in counted and calculated facts that “the experts” doesn’t really know as much about hair as they think

From LHC I have seen people estimate shedding between 10-200 hairs a day and still have a perfectly beautiful head of hair

Alaia
July 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM
What Igor said.

My average varied (back when I counted them) from 80 hairs a day to 130 hairs a day.

Don't worry about it.

urara12
July 26th, 2010, 02:09 AM
That’s perfectly normal

It seems like that “you’re supposed to shed 100-150 hairs a day” number is one of those things people just throw out there like a factoid, but isn’t necessarily is the truth (I hear 50-100 most often btw)

Your hair is also “supposed to” grow for only 3-7 years for example

It seems like when it comes to the real, based in counted and calculated facts that “the experts” doesn’t really know as much about hair as they think

From LHC I have seen people estimate shedding between 10-200 hairs a day and still have a perfectly beautiful head of hair

thank you very much for your post!!!
I guess that I am still paranoia... since my scalp soreness.
I really worry shedding. because one Dermatologist told me that my scalp getting thin. then I went to see 2 other Dermatologist and they said not at all. also my hair stylist told me NOT thin. but I just can't stop the what first Dr told me.
now I am much less worry cause your post. thank you very much again.:)

urara12
July 26th, 2010, 02:13 AM
What Igor said.

My average varied (back when I counted them) from 80 hairs a day to 130 hairs a day.

Don't worry about it.

I never heard a story who did count hair before.
now I am huge relief. I know that I am too much worry but
I just couldn't stop thinking if I would lose hair...or 10 years later I would be bald.
Alaia thank you very much:)

BelleBot
July 26th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I wouldn't worry about your shedding, it sounds perfectly normal. I certainly shed more than that every day.
Do you wear your hair in a tight ponytail a lot? Sometimes that can cause your scalp to get sore, might be worth looking into wearing your hair a different way everyday as that can stop it pulling at your scalp in the same place all the time.
Also try scalp massages as they can help relieve pain. :)

urara12
July 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about your shedding, it sounds perfectly normal. I certainly shed more than that every day.
Do you wear your hair in a tight ponytail a lot? Sometimes that can cause your scalp to get sore, might be worth looking into wearing your hair a different way everyday as that can stop it pulling at your scalp in the same place all the time.
Also try scalp massages as they can help relieve pain. :)

BelleBot. thank you so much for your reply.
I don't wear tight pony. just loose bun.
I did water only wash last night and
my hair didn't shed like usual. it was just 30.I guess I am reacting shampoo.
I will try scalp massages :)thanks for your an advice!