PDA

View Full Version : S-Support please?

ChatNoir
July 25th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Okay, so today I have decided to cut my BSL jetblack tresses to about shoulder length.

Before the lynching begins, I must give you the reason.
I've been loosing a lot of hair lately. About 150 strands a day, and I feel it's waaay much more than my fine Scandinavian hair can handle.
My scalp is showing through, and all in all... well... it feels kind of hopeless :(

Since my hair has been coloured about once every two months since I was 12 (18 now), it has become rough to handle. I have decided to give it a break and try to grow out my real hair colour before I make an attempt at my TBL goal again.

Anyone with some kind words? I'm feeling quite depressed at the moment. :wail:

vampyriccadence
July 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Giving your hair a break after years of coloring can only do you good!

More good news, your head is probably lighter and you can try some shorter styles that you couldn't before. If your hair has suffered chemical damage, I hope you've done something to your routine to help improve your hair's health.

christine1989
July 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I think its a good idea if you are trying to start fresh with your natural color. Its tough to grow out chemical color from BSL and I'm sure you will see a big difference in health and thickness without chemical dye.

Best of luck starting fresh!

ravenreed
July 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
It is your hair and you should do what you feel is best for it in the long run without worrying about what anyone else thinks. You are not the first person on LHC who went shorter before they could grow longer. Have you checked with a physician to see if there is a medical reason behind the excess shedding?

Sammich
July 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Okay, so today I have decided to cut my BSL jetblack tresses to about shoulder length.

Before the lynching begins, I must give you the reason.
I've been loosing a lot of hair lately. About 150 strands a day, and I feel it's waaay much more than my fine Scandinavian hair can handle.
My scalp is showing through, and all in all... well... it feels kind of hopeless :(

Since my hair has been coloured about once every two months since I was 12 (18 now), it has become rough to handle. I have decided to give it a break and try to grow out my real hair colour before I make an attempt at my TBL goal again.

Anyone with some kind words? I'm feeling quite depressed at the moment. :wail:

Aww.. :grouphug: LHC will always be here to support you. :) Hey, your new growth will be much healthier right? Think of that and be excited. :D I would have done the same.
Your real hair colour will be much more flattering on you and more beautiful, as I'm a firm believer nature chose for us to have fitting features. :) (I'm a hypocrite though because I love change :p )
*Hugs again*
Oh and hopefully you've figured out the cause of the shedding. :)

Alvrodul
July 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Giving your hair a rest from the chemicals is a very good idea. I have that fine, Scandinavian hair, too, and it doesn't handle chemicals at all well. I know that from personal experience.:(
My hair is grown out from the the dyes, and I have sworn that no chemical dyes, bleaches or perms will ever touch my hair again. :tmi:
But I have discovered that my hair looooooves henna!:)

ChatNoir
July 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
It is your hair and you should do what you feel is best for it in the long run without worrying about what anyone else thinks. You are not the first person on LHC who went shorter before they could grow longer. Have you checked with a physician to see if there is a medical reason behind the excess shedding?
Thank you for supporting words!

When it comes to the physical part I'm good, but I DO think it is stress induced. I have been suffering from anxiety and a bit of various depressions for a year or so. I guess it's only natural for my hair to get affected by that as well...

ChatNoir
July 25th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Giving your hair a rest from the chemicals is a very good idea. I have that fine, Scandinavian hair, too, and it doesn't handle chemicals at all well. I know that from personal experience.:(
My hair is grown out from the the dyes, and I have sworn that no chemical dyes, bleaches or perms will ever touch my hair again. :tmi:
But I have discovered that my hair looooooves henna!:)
I reeeeally want to try henna! :D heard it does wonders for hair.. aaand if i mix it with indigo it goes jet black! I'll definitely try to find it! Not so easy up here in the North of Norway though... *laughs*

dropinthebucket
July 25th, 2010, 03:55 PM
hang in there! it will all re-grow before you know it! this is your chance to start fresh and have healthy, unabused hair! - how awesome!

Tabihito
July 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I reeeeally want to try henna! :D heard it does wonders for hair.. aaand if i mix it with indigo it goes jet black! I'll definitely try to find it! Not so easy up here in the North of Norway though... *laughs*I tried, and a hundred-to-one says that you won't find it there. However, ordering it online gets rid of that pesky geographical issue, so long as that's an option for you.

Alvrodul
July 25th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I reeeeally want to try henna! :D heard it does wonders for hair.. aaand if i mix it with indigo it goes jet black! I'll definitely try to find it! Not so easy up here in the North of Norway though... *laughs*
Jeg er også norsk, og jeg kjøper min henna på nettet. Jeg har forøvrig indigo jeg ikke kommer til å bruke, så om du har tenkt å prøve henna+indigo kan jeg sende deg den (bedre enn å kaste den):)

ChatNoir
July 25th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Ville du?? Det ville vært UTROLIG SNILT AV DEG! :D

Skal du ha noe for den? :)

pepperminttea
July 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM
There are good things about every hair length - just think how light it'll feel for a while, and all the time you'll have new growth coming in, which can only be a good thing. :) Don't worry, you'll get to your goal before you know it. :grouphug:

JenniferNoel
July 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
*hug* Let's grow our shoulder length hair out together as a team. I cut my jet black BSL hair off for the same reason you did (except I'm a M and lost over 200 strands daily) and am working on growing out as well. So you're literally not alone at all on this one, and hey, enjoy your hair at this length, it's probably going to be the last time you'll ever have it at shoulder! Savor the easy hair care. :D

C_Bookworm
July 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Your growing out journey will be much easier with virgin, undamaged hair to grow out. And there are fun things that can be enjoyed at every lengths. My favorite messy updos were when my hair was that length and I could throw it up with a few bobby pins. Also fun finger waves and 20s do's. Enjoy every length along the way!

ChatNoir
July 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM
*hug* Let's grow our shoulder length hair out together as a team. I cut my jet black BSL hair off for the same reason you did (except I'm a M and lost over 200 strands daily) and am working on growing out as well. So you're literally not alone at all on this one, and hey, enjoy your hair at this length, it's probably going to be the last time you'll ever have it at shoulder! Savor the easy hair care. :D
"Good" to see I'm not alone! :D

Phew! I feel so much more encouraged now that I read all of your posts! Must say I'm happy I joined this forum. Happy indeed :)

Beaglebuddy
July 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to say I know how you are feeling, maybe not quite as my hair wasn't quite as long as yours, mine was APL. I cut about 3 inches or so last Saturday and was in shock right after. But now a week later I am enjoying my fresh ends, they feel so much better. And now I can treat my hair well and just grow, grow, grow! This was advice given to me, hopefully it helps!

ETA: My signature pic was taken before my big chop (I need to update)

ChatNoir
July 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Just wanted to say I know how you are feeling, maybe not quite as my hair wasn't quite as long as yours, mine was APL. I cut about 3 inches or so last Saturday and was in shock right after. But now a week later I am enjoying my fresh ends, they feel so much better. And now I can treat my hair well and just grow, grow, grow! This was advice given to me, hopefully it helps!

ETA: My signature pic was taken before my big chop (I need to update)
Let's grow out together! We'll get to our goals before we know it! :)

Look at me! Being all positive... Thank you guys! :D

ButterCream
July 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Hei! Du gjør jo det du må for at håret ditt skal få en fresh start igjen, så det kommer til og gro ut igjen bedre enn noensinne:)

Good luck and happy growing! And staying away from that chemical dye is something your hair and scalp will thank you for, trust me!
I have not touched a dyebottle since december, and my virgin hair is growing out, and I love it!...although I don`t exactly love the mix of virginhair and old color lol:rolleyes:

And if you try Henna that isn`t nasty chemicals so if you decide to go that route you can have some fun with color without hurting your hair:D

Lykke til!:cheese:

Tapioca
July 27th, 2010, 08:09 AM
And besides, LHC is isn't just for those who *have* long hair. It's for those that *enjoy* long hair. You could shave your head bald (and keep it that way) and we'd still like having you around.

Mexibeach
July 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Well, having just gone from BSL to chin length (and it was suppose to be shoulder length when cut), I can honestly say that taking a photo each month to track the growth is fun! It's great to see the length coming back and the unruly layers growing out the the hair getting thicker again... that and keeping your goal in mind and using all sorts of natural products will hopefully make the time pass by more quickly and we'll have long hair again before we know it!

Mexibeach
July 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM
[quote=JenniferNoel;1184433... and hey, enjoy your hair at this length, it's probably going to be the last time you'll ever have it at shoulder! Savor the easy hair care. :D[/quote]

I second that - it will MOST definitely be the last time I'll ever have mine this short again! May as well enjoy (and track) the progress over the next few years until we get to our goal length!!!:cheese:

Flaxen
July 27th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Just popping my head in here to remind everyone that while we do not mind if folks post in their native, non-English language, we do ask that an English translation be included. Thanks! :grin: