PDA

View Full Version : How has LHC enabled you today?

italianamama
July 25th, 2010, 02:11 PM
This morning I was busy cruising LHC for hair inspiration... and before I knew it I found myself in my bathroom, applying a homemade conditioning treatment and saran wrapping my head... and I then realized that I'm certifiably nuts :D My bathroom counter looks like I'm either baking a cake or doing a science experiment. And my husband keeps asking me when I'm going to stop putting food products in my hair! I'm so happy I found LHC so I could be (virtually at least) surrounded by other long haired crazies :D I even took pictures for ya'll.
Cause I'm a long haired crazy :cheese:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/jdkeavney/condishsaranwrapJuly2010.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/jdkeavney/mycounterisascienceexperimentJuly2010.jpg

So, how has LHC enabled you today?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my homemade conditioning treatment today consists of Biolage Conditioning Balm, and a good measure of both olive oil and molasses. Molasses both for the smell (mmm) and to bring out the brunette highlights, and olive oil for my coarse and frizzy hair :D

luluj
July 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
TLHC has turned me into a hairstick and flexi 8 addict!

minaa
July 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
LHC helped me learn some more things about my scalp today! And I really wanted to buy combs. However, I need to keep some money for food. :D

Stephichan
July 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I'm a corset addict! I'm about to buy my second one in a bit. Good thing I start my new job in a few weeks...

Cheeks1206
July 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'm about to whip up an oil SMT and slather it on in a bit. I looove that! And, apparently my DH likes the way my Cafe Moreno CV bar smells, so I was thinking of reordering it.

christine1989
July 25th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Well, you may be a little crazy but you can't argue with results- your hair looks amazing! My bathroom counter looks more like a perfume department however I do have more oils than a massage parlor ;).

Alvrodul
July 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I have decided that taking a magnifying glass with me when I may be going shopping for things to put in my hair - how else to read the fine print?:)
Also, seeing that picture of you with your hair all covered with saran wrap is inspirational, and it made me contemplate just what I might put into my hair myself tonight.;)

italianamama
July 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Well, you may be a little crazy but you can't argue with results- your hair looks amazing! My bathroom counter looks more like a perfume department however I do have more oils than a massage parlor ;).

^ Thank you!!! I'm slowly working on building my oil collection. I usually just go to the kitchen and use the olive oil :D

I'm doing a treatment because I SCREWED UP the other day. I hadn't touched my hair straightener for months. So the other day I felt like straight hair for once and basically, my hair gave me the hair version of the finger! So now I have to apologize to it :D

Also, the hairspiration I found on LHC today was from two ladies with BEAUTIFUL heads of hair. One is LadyLongLocks (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=1840) who has FIVE FEET of hair :thudpile:

And the other is Oskimosa (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=15409) who's color and shine is STUNNING.

So yea, I'm drooling over their hair like Homer Simpson over donuts :D

LouLaLa
July 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I saw the first time sock bun thread and ended up running downstairs to find an odd sock! I did however end up with a lovely huuuuuuuge bun so enable on I say :p It will help me with my wear your hair up challenge so im happy!

I nearly got enabled into buying a konad nail decorating kit yesterday but stopped myself as the "use up your stash" challenge is really making me think about needs/wants/extravagance. I suppose they cancelled each other out!

LHC is helping me so much, im learning new tips about how to do my hair without damaging it, ive given up hair dye and im saving money as a result in addition to chatting with interesting and talented individuals.

Yay! :cheese:

klcqtee
July 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Well, CO washing (which I need to do today), and stretching washes.

I stretched them before, but that was out of laziness, now I have a good excuse :laugh:

Also Fox's Shea Butter Cream (which is still in my hair from yesterday, and the day before). Dad looked at me like I was crazy when I was making it, but I put some on his elbow and he's spent the last two days rubbing his elbow telling me how soft it is. (It's nice for a lotion for those of you that have allergies :cheese:)

Juneii
July 25th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I began rinsing my hair with ACV and freaked out DBF when he asked me what I was doing.
Bought about 10x more hair stuff since joining than I ever did my whole life.
Got cloth pads and cups.
Got encouraged to get piercings from the piercing thread.
gah! I can go on and on, LHC really changed the way I do things in life :) in a good way of course!

italianamama
July 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I began rinsing my hair with ACV and freaked out DBF

Freaking out the SO's is the BEST part! I try to rinse out any treatments I have in before DH gets home from work.... I've forgotten enough times that he still thinks I'm nuts :D But hey, the look on his face when he see's me all LHC'd up is PRICELESS :crazyq:

Tabihito
July 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Finally went out and bought some castor oil. Felt like a loon in the check-out line, the woman there asked me what I was using it for, and gave me a funny look when I told her it was for my hair. Oh well!

sibiryachka
July 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Today, specifically: If not for LHC, it would never have crossed my mind to massage my scalp with oil to encourage new growth after a recent shed, and I would not have known what oils to use, or had them on hand. I would never have occurred to me to clean my face with the leftover oil, instead of freaking out when it started to seep down to my forehead. I would not have known how to tie my scarf Rosie-the-riveter style to cover my greasy scalp. I would not be planning to glop on a cup of conditioner - even on the scalp! - and let that sit for an hour or so before shampooing.
That's a lot of enabling for one day!

GlassEyes
July 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
My hair is oiled, bunned (well, actually, I took it down to dry a bit more, but it was!) and secured with two hair sticks that I bought courtesy of LHC.

I also used a tee-shirt to absorb the excess water. XD

Flossy
July 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I have to admit that I am all oiled up and bunned right now, courtesy of LHC. I have never worn my hair up as much in my life as I have the past 2 months. I hope I get some growth to show for it!

LittleOrca
July 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Monistat on my head at the moment.... 'nuff said. ;)

Smile4Kiki
July 25th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I woke up and drank my hemp protein shake. After taking a dive in my cousins pool I immediately oiled my ends and did so more thoroughly after I got home. I took my msm, biotin, and multi vitamins. I checked for bulbs on any shed hairs I found. I measured and apparently grew .5'' in 2 weeks. All because of lhc.

adiapalic
July 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
After coveting everyone else's GrahtoeStudio hair forks for several months, I finally broke down and got my own. It's on its way! :bluebiggr

MissManda
July 26th, 2010, 12:37 AM
You should tell your husband that if the stuff you're putting in your hair is good enough to eat, then it's good enough to put into your hair. You wouldn't eat most hair products, would you? lol :D

LHC has taught me how to style my hair and put it up in pretty updos and braids. My hair wouldn't be nearly as healthy if I hadn't learned how to put my hair up. My family never bothered to teach me how to take care of my own hair, so I could only do English, French, and Dutch braids before I came here. Now I can do a sock bun, the pencil bun, rope braids, 4+-strand braids, and I can use hairsticks now.

I love Flexi-8s and I can't get enough of them. I want more, more, more!

I can now cope with the remaining chemical damage to my hair thank to CWC, C-COW-C, and CO. Now my hair is happy and moisturized. I discovered that my hair likes products that "they" don't recommend for my hair type. It turns out my hair loves to be heavily conditioned, heavily oiled, and moisture.

I have completely stopped using heat of any kind. I used to use a curling iron, but I haven't used it on so long that I haven't the slightest idea where it is.

I have learned to love and accept my hair type and I have learned that it is not stick-straight and is far, far from thin. When I was using cones and not caring for my hair properly, people labeled my the super-straight hair as "thin," which seriously bugged me.

I am planning on getting a pair of hair shears o I can start cutting my own hair, rather than having to rely on salons.

I am also a proud DivaCup user thanks to LHC. Now my periods are much less difficult, painful, and stressful and I can function like a normal person. I love my cup so much!

I now own properly-fitting, supportive bras. This has really helped with my comfort level and self-esteem.

The LHCers here have been very kind and supportive of me when I was having serious family issues. They kept me sane and made me feel welcome and loved when I was being way too hard on myself. I can't even begin to express how much I appreciate the advice and support I have gotten here. You gave me the courage to keep going when I didn't want to.

I am getting close to my one-year LHC anniversary and I am looking forward to what I will learn within the next year. This is truly an inspirational, amazing place and I am happy to be a member here.

Thank you, LHC and LHCers! <3

jasper
July 26th, 2010, 07:01 AM
The braid thread finally got to me and I had to go find a tutorial on the herringbone braid.

freckles
July 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I ordered Nightblooming Panacea. I am so easily enabled :p