PDA

View Full Version : My first sock bun...

little_cherry
July 25th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Ok, so not as impressive as some of those head-eating buns....I thought I'd share this anyway...introducing, little_cherrys' sock bun!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5176&pictureid=77766

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5176&pictureid=77768

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5176&pictureid=77767
I didn't use a sock...I used a thick velvet scrunchie, instead.. :)

This makes my hair feel thick and awesome after a few bald patches caused by head trauma! :) Yay!

Edit...yeah, I know it looks crappy.....oh well... ;) :p

Barniie
July 25th, 2010, 04:20 AM
preeeeettttyyyy!!!!

schweedie
July 25th, 2010, 04:38 AM
That doesn't look crappy! It's so shiny and pretty.

little_cherry
July 25th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Oooh thank you muchly! :bows:

Sammich
July 25th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Wow, it's awesome for a first try!! Thanks for your picture comment by the way, I never knew you were gonna try the sock bun today! :D Awesome! Yay! :cheese:

I love the sock bun because it can look so graceful and adorable at the same time! :D

yellowchariot
July 25th, 2010, 09:10 AM
little_cherry, I think it looks very impressive, especially that shine! Nice flower colors too. What bald spot? I see none!

Also a sock is too large for my hair, and I'm glad you thought of the scrunchie idea! I may give this a try latter. 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rentlle
July 25th, 2010, 09:13 AM
waaaw!
i love your haircolour!!
and that sockbun-flower-combination-thing is really beautiflul :)

TrudieCat
July 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I love it! Your hair is so shiny and the color is amazing! :)

loralie
July 25th, 2010, 09:19 AM
It looks great!! It's pretty darn big for your length. I definitely have to try it! Love the green with your hair color too, beautiful!

Loreley
July 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM
It looks fantastic! I love your hair color! :D

Evie
July 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Excellent sock bun! I just managed one myself lately, it is great how thick it makes you hair look, I agree - hooray for sock buns, and yours is fab :cheese:

MissySue
July 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
It looks great!!! Your hair is so glossy. Don't you just love sock buns? For those of us without a lot of length yet it really makes it look like you have more hair than you really do.

Rennire
July 25th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I love sock buns! Yours looks gorgeous!

Nyghtingale
July 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Wow, the shine and color are awesome. So pretty. :cool:

pennyroyal
July 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Oooh, i love it! It looks so good & your hair is so pretty! I adore the flowers too! yay for you! :pI cannot wait till my hair is long enough for a sock bun.

klcqtee
July 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
It's really pretty with the flowers!

PS, I love your hair colour!

little_cherry
July 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Here, I used 2 scrunchies; one to hold the hair in a pony and the other instead of a sock.

Wow, it's awesome for a first try!! Thanks for your picture comment by the way, I never knew you were gonna try the sock bun today! :D Awesome! Yay! :cheese:

I love the sock bun because it can look so graceful and adorable at the same time! :D
Yours totally inspired me! It's awesome!

little_cherry, I think it looks very impressive, especially that shine! Nice flower colors too. What bald spot? I see none!

Also a sock is too large for my hair, and I'm glad you thought of the scrunchie idea! I may give this a try latter. 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you :) I had to cover the bald spots; they're mostly near the front and top..took some time, but I managed. In a few weeks, I won't have to do any careful covering. :)

Rentlle, TrudieCat, Loreley, Evie, Nyghtingale, Rennire, klcqtee; thank you for your lovely comments :)

It looks great!! It's pretty darn big for your length. I definitely have to try it! Love the green with your hair color too, beautiful!Thanks, loralie..I wanted it to be big because my current volume is not va-va voom...2 scrunchies later...voila!

It looks great!!! Your hair is so glossy. Don't you just love sock buns? For those of us without a lot of length yet it really makes it look like you have more hair than you really do.Yeah, sock buns are fantastic...I'd love to tweak with it some more though!

Oooh, i love it! It looks so good & your hair is so pretty! I adore the flowers too! yay for you! :pI cannot wait till my hair is long enough for a sock bun.Ooh..I cannot wait until your hair is long enough, either! :D

Jezerellica
July 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Very nice! Like your flower too!

LouLaLa
July 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
[quote=little_cherry;1183713]Ok, so not as impressive as some of those head-eating buns....I thought I'd share this anyway...introducing, little_cherrys' sock bun!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5176&pictureid=77767
I didn't use a sock...I used a thick velvet scrunchie, instead.. :)

Ok totally sold! This is going to be tomorrows contribution to my month long wear your hair up!:p

Im learning so much here, I could change styles three of four times a day (not that youll get any complaints here hehe)

StarryNight
July 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I love your hair color! It's a cute sock bun!

princessp
July 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Very nice! I've never tried it but you have inspired me.

serious
July 25th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Very pretty, those flowers look so cute in your hair!

And, it's big :)

LouLaLa
July 26th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I just did a sock bun and its huge! (Its a bit like carries in SATC when she went to Charlottes wedding to Trey) but because my hair is poker straight so have a ultra smoot result.

Thankyou for inspiring me to try something new! My mum didnt belive it was just an old sock! (I ran downstairs after seeing Cherrys amazing bun and found an over the knee sock that had a hole in!) It looks pretty fancy considering i didnt use any pins or anything in it. This is my new obsession :P

Capybara
July 26th, 2010, 07:30 AM
That is so cute :) Your hair is super shiny, and the accessories are adorable!

going gray
July 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Great job & first time too!

Kristin
July 26th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I love it! Your color is beautiful and the flowers are a nice contrast!

dayonea
July 26th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Beautiful, Soooo shiney, I have a sock bun in today they are awesome

Phexlyn
July 27th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Sooo pretty! You've got lovely shine and I really like the flowers (especially the mint-coloured one!) :)

Gumball
July 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Look at all that shine! That's one pretty sock bun!

maxzeen
July 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Very pretty! I like the flowers that you put in your hair.

little_cherry
July 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Oh wow... I'm happy to be an inspiration! I'll be looking forward to your pic. :)

Thank you for the lovely and awesome comments! :) Very much appreciated :)

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I like it. With this few strands falling out it looks romantic;)

James M
July 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I can't see the photo :(

MandaMom2Three
July 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
What GORGEOUS hair colour :thump:

Khiwanean
July 29th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Edit...yeah, I know it looks crappy.....oh well... ;) :pLies! It looks gorgeous! So smooth... Then again I utterly fail at sock buns so seeing such a pretty one sets off my hair envy.

little_cherry
July 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Thank you, thank you! :D There will be more pics... Perhaps I'll even use a sock! ;)

I can't see the photo :(
Hmmm.. Sorry to hear. Thanks for letting me know! I'll try and fix it for you. :)

Indigo Girl
July 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Well done. :)