PDA

View Full Version : BBC Prom Hair watching

Purdy Bear
July 25th, 2010, 02:03 AM
The Proms were shown on TV last night, and as it was something we liked, we watched. However I soon became distracted by the up dos on show by the numerous ladies of the orchestra.

One blonde lady with waist length hair started just with a simple hold back but progressed into an English Braid, it held up really well.

Another lady used a cinnamon bun held by a Ficcare but it soon came out and her just past bsl length soon fell down.

Anther had their hair in a French twist held very firmly in place with two sticks, while yet another held her hair up with a large claw comb and then wrapped the rest round the base of it.

Most of the Orchestras I see are mostly men, it was wonderful to see the Liverpool Philharmonic is full of women, and with such beautiful hair too.

So for those musicians out there, what hair style best suits?

I never had much of a problem with my hair when I played the orchestral flute.

julliams
July 25th, 2010, 02:48 AM
You played flute in an orchestra? WOW! I'm a flute teacher myself. I was going for my AMusA diploma this year but I think I'm chickening out. Practicing and a young family is really tricky. What flute do you have? I have a Muramatsu GX which I love.

I have to play on stage in a couple of weeks at a children's choral concert and I think I'm going to go for hair out but I'll take it up on both sides and pin it. I'll most likely wear my hair curly but it will depend on the weather.

Alaia
July 25th, 2010, 03:24 AM
As a violinist (not professional, though), anything that's back and out of the way works. I tend to get it caught in things when I play with it loose.

Purdy Bear
July 25th, 2010, 04:44 AM
You played flute in an orchestra? WOW! I'm a flute teacher myself. I was going for my AMusA diploma this year but I think I'm chickening out. Practicing and a young family is really tricky. What flute do you have? I have a Muramatsu GX which I love.

I have to play on stage in a couple of weeks at a children's choral concert and I think I'm going to go for hair out but I'll take it up on both sides and pin it. I'll most likely wear my hair curly but it will depend on the weather.

Oh I never actually got to play in an Orchestra. I had to give up at level 5 due to suspected Asthma. My brother (who is built like a barn) now plays it and is totally self taught, and is now moving onto the Saxophone.

The flute is a Boozey and Hawks ( I think thats how its spelt) Silver and Chrome. I got it about 20 years ago now.

I hope you do well in your exam, Id go for it, you'll kick yourself if you dont.

jackiesjottings
July 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I have been hair watching at the Proms too :))