PDA

View Full Version : Hair Oil?

shyone
July 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I keep coming across comments about hair oils.I presume hair oil is for conditioning right?Are these oils like the Jasmine oil that Indian women use on their hair?Do hair oils make hair greasy?

Speckla
July 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I sometimes use coconut oil. It adds moisture and makes my hair shiny, soft, and very easy to comb. I also use Moroccan oil (aragan) but it has other ingredients other than just the oil. Different hair will react different to oils. Olive oil is too heavy for my hair but coconut oil is just right.

shyone
July 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Oh and are cones, oil cones?

shyone
July 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I sometimes use coconut oil. It adds moisture and makes my hair shiny, soft, and very easy to comb. I also use Moroccan oil (aragan) but it has other ingredients other than just the oil. Different hair will react different to oils. Olive oil is too heavy for my hair but coconut oil is just right.

Ok. Do you rub it in after a wash?Do you use much at a time?Are the oils used often?

Speckla
July 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Cones are silicones which are man made. The oils are natural. The Aragan oil I use is a mix of oil and some silicones. I use the oil after I wash and condition my hair. I add a quarter size amount into my palm, rub my hands together and rub them through my hair. I then rub the rest of the oil (that's on my hands) on my comb and use it to get rid of my tangles. I only shampoo every 10 days or so. I use oil nearly everyday. I will just do like I said above only skipping the shampoo.

shyone
July 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cones are silicones which are man made. The oils are natural. The Aragan oil I use is a mix of oil and some silicones. I use the oil after I wash and condition my hair. I add a quarter size amount into my palm, rub my hands together and rub them through my hair. I then rub the rest of the oil (that's on my hands) on my comb and use it to get rid of my tangles.

Ok, thank you!:)

saera
July 24th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I like using Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair Oil 2-3 times per week.
I find it reduces hair fall significantly for me.

Jenna0728
July 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Ok. Do you rub it in after a wash?Do you use much at a time?Are the oils used often?

I use Coconut Oil after I wash my hair, it soaks it all in as it's drying. I've tried when it was dry and it just made it greasy looking. But my hair is very fine, so your hair may act differently. Use a little to start with, I dab my fingertip into the oil, rub it on my hands and then pull my fingers through my hair, from about the ears down. I usually put more on the ends, it makes them soft and shiny. :)

Sammich
July 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I use a under the finger nail amount of Vatika coconut oil for softer shinier hair before washing and after washing. I generally use alot of oil the day of washing, as after I clean my hair it's all super shiny!
If you overdo oiling, it can make you tangle more because oil loves getting dust attached to it! :D
I used to use sweet almond oil, but that's ran out and now I need moneys to buy some more! :p
Here's an article on cones:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13
And an article on hair oil:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71

I love the articles, they were among the first I read to getting used to this site! :p

Alvrodul
July 24th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I keep coming across comments about hair oils.I presume hair oil is for conditioning right?Are these oils like the Jasmine oil that Indian women use on their hair?Do hair oils make hair greasy?
I like using jojoba oil. I put 3-4 drops on my hands, rub my hands a bit to spread the oil over my hands, and gently smooth this over my dry hair. It makes my hair more manageable, but you can't see that it is there.
My hair definitely likes the jojoba oil, but I can't use almond oil - it turns my hair all stringy and unwashed-looking.

apynip
July 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I use oil my hair for moisture. currently using Almond oil and love it.
Tried Argan oil( too full of cones but tried for customers at my work to give them my take on it) lots of people like it though...<--- love this on my skin though and great for after i wax

Tried Jojoba oil but its way to heavy on my hair.

just a lil dab goes a long way. ^_^