PDA

View Full Version : No comments on my hair today :(

simplysnuggle
July 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
I don't want to sound full of myself or over confident but usually at least someone gives me a comment on my hair daily. Sometimes its a friend or a coworker and sometimes its a complete stranger. Today I decided to do a "do" that I had never done before. I never even thought of doing it or ever saw it done it just came to me this morning. Anyway I was just wondering if my idea was really so bad? Or was it just a random day where no one said anything?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/simplysnuggle/Photo0117.jpg

It's just two dutch braids into a bun with a flower. :shrug:

confucious
July 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
It looks very pretty. Surprised you didn't get any comments.

EdG
July 23rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Wow! :thud:

I say the new 'do works. :thumbsup:
Ed

paigeturner
July 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
I love it! I love putting flowers in my hair...so much so I'm known around campus as the girl with flowers in her hair!

squiggyflop
July 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
it looks pretty.. i get a little put off when i wear my hair down and no one comments.. im just used to people commenting on it i guess.. but no one ever comments on my updos..
yours looks pretty... ill have to try it

simplysnuggle
July 23rd, 2010, 07:58 PM
it looks pretty.. i get a little put off when i wear my hair down and no one comments.. im just used to people commenting on it i guess.. but no one ever comments on my updos..
yours looks pretty... ill have to try it

Thanks!!! I was surprised how simple it was and how easy it was too. I couldn't believe that I didn't think of it before!

Meagan
July 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Your idea wasnt bad but it's nothing to go crazy for to be honest

Carolyn
July 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
It's a very pretty 'do but surely you know that a lot of us rarely if ever get a comment. Be happy with the ones you get. Most people understand "down", a ponytail or braid, or "up". They don't see that there are different up styles. Wear your hair for yourself and try not to expect anything of other people. You won't be disappointed that way.

simplysnuggle
July 23rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
It's a very pretty 'do but surely you know that a lot of us rarely if ever get a comment. Be happy with the ones you get. Most people understand "down", a ponytail or braid, or "up". They don't see that there are different up styles. Wear your hair for yourself and try not to expect anything of other people. You won't be disappointed that way.

I was mainly just proud of myself for creating something I never did before. I know its not that great but I guess I hoped someone else would like it too. And when I said I get comments daily it really is more like weekly/monthly but still I was so proud and it looked complicated. The last time I got a hair comment it was just in a simple ponied English braid nothing special. I thought for sure someone would like it. Oh well. :?

simplysnuggle
July 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I love it! I love putting flowers in my hair...so much so I'm known around campus as the girl with flowers in her hair!

I wear flowers in my hair all the time too! I actually make my own by buying silk flowers from a hobby store and gluing them to bobby pins. :)

simplysnuggle
July 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Your idea wasnt bad but it's nothing to go crazy for to be honest

......:lala:

Sofoulee
July 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
I think it looks absolutely beautiful. And I hope you don't take offense to this, but it reminds me of Neicy off of Clean House (whom I LOVE!) It's so adorable.

Kimarie91
July 23rd, 2010, 08:47 PM
It is pretty. It's funny how the times you really work on something no one says anything, then you do something super simple and folks really make a fuss over it :) you did a good job.

TXbarbie
July 23rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
It's pretty but as another poster said... most people don't get comments daily on their hair. But it IS a super cute 'do!

missfortune9335
July 23rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
awww bummer, it's very cute :)

sugarpixie10988
July 23rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
I was mainly just proud of myself for creating something I never did before. I know its not that great but I guess I hoped someone else would like it too. And when I said I get comments daily it really is more like weekly/monthly but still I was so proud and it looked complicated. The last time I got a hair comment it was just in a simple ponied English braid nothing special. I thought for sure someone would like it. Oh well. :?

Just because nobody comments doesn't mean they don't like it :). I'm often too shy in real life to compliment strangers, although I know I should work on it as it can make someone's day! As for people you know who may usually comment on your hair, maybe they feel as if they're being repetitive by complimenting you on your hair so often?

I think it's a cute style, it makes me want to experiment with flowers!

UltraBella
July 23rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
I think it's really pretty :)