PDA

View Full Version : Hair bleaching/colouring question for the hairdressers here

Meagan
July 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
I have a set of dark red clip on hair extentions, I want to bleach them to get rid of the red and make them into a dark honey colour or copper, is that possible or will it turn into a muddy colour? Also I have a set of ones that use to be blonde and then went over it with a dark colour, now I want to back to a honey coppery colour.

Will it work out or should I just buy a new set of clip ons?
Thanks <3

UltraBella
July 23rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
You will destroy them in the process, the hair has already gone through a giant process of chemicals to become hair extensions. Bleaching them will compromise the hair.
Best to get new ones.

missfortune9335
July 23rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
mmmmm I agree with Bella on this, I think you can purchase extensions that specifically say they are okay for you to color (once) but the ones that have already been colored probably won't hold up to another bleaching

Meagan
July 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
aww fudge that sucks.

missfortune9335
July 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM
hey on the flip side though, if it's a situation where you don't want the red extensions any more and aren't going to wear them anyway you could always try it. If it doesn't work what are you out anyway? ;)

Meagan
July 24th, 2010, 01:58 PM
True. My extensions are in really good conditon still, I think it will be fine to bleach one more time. But I still need to know if the colour will turn out, if i bleach the red out, it will turn into a copper colour right???

kwaniesiam
July 24th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Even if they were to survive the process, the color won't turn out how you want it to. Get some new hair to sew the clips to.

Meagan
July 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Did it, and it turned out good...
got the colour I wanted. :D:D

missfortune9335
July 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM
awesome! i love when things turn out great :)