PDA

View Full Version : The WoW-Nerd and Her Hair

LittleOrca
July 22nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
So some of you know I play WoW (World of Warcraft.) I have been a gamer with this game for years, and some other ones prior to that *coughs* Alright, addiction aside, when I made one of my characters (and my favorite to boot!) I gave her long hair because I wanted to have hair as long as she had someday and it was the longest hair you could have in game on a character that wasn't 3 ft tall.

This was my hair about the time that I created this character (I think this was sometime after actually and my hair would have been 4-5 inches shorter than in this picture):

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/MelsHair.jpg

Then, after much neglect over two years following the first image, I came to LHC like this:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/user19816_pic31397_1234170028.jpg
Please don't look directly into the shine without your glasses :cool:, and don't scream too much at the horrible ends!

So here is the first LHC shot of a WoW character so you can see the hair I was dreaming about:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/World%20of%20Warcraft/LHCNEHA.jpg...http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Long%20Hair%20Journey/IMG_4229-1.jpg
Can you see the resemblance in my shape? lol Purely coincidental. But check out the image of me next to the elf. My hair is longer than my character's hair! I noticed this the other day and I started to laugh and commented that my character's hair was too short now and she needed a hacker to make it longer for her.

And now that I am done with this post, I feel like a HUGE nerd. :)

Juneii
July 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Whenever I play MMORPGS I do this too! Pick the longest and prettiest hair to put on my character because that is how I would want my hair to look in real life.

twilight
July 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
we're all nerds here, one way or the other.

back when i played wow, my character was a female undead rogue with the shortest hair i could find, to help me appease my libra tendency to swing to the other end of the spectrum! so silly. and yet, effective, seeing as i still have long-growing hair.

:cheese:

Sammich
July 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
LOL, woo for WoW! I love it, I used to play a whole ton, every day! :p Now I'm just waiting for my love to get his installed again!

I love how you compared with your character, lmao! I'd be doing the very same thing. Ahh, it's so fun to beat the imaginary! ;)

PrincessBob
July 22nd, 2010, 05:47 PM
Score!
Seriously, though, the pic from the time you joined LHC and your "now" image really give me hope that I can find help on here to teach me how to healthily care for my length.

Party On.
Princess Bob

sugarpixie10988
July 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hah, I've always loved that Night Elf hair cut. It's the one that my hunter has, except mine is purple! Your hair is SO pretty, by the way :D.

Wavelength
July 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Play a blood elf male next. There's one who has hair even longer than the night elves. ;)

Actually, I think the night elf female with the longest hair is probably the one with the braid. It's pulled to the front over her shoulder so you can't measure it directly, but if you unbraided it and let it fall down her back, I'm pretty sure it would be at least classic length.

(Yes, I think about hair length on my toons as well!) :D

LittleOrca
July 22nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Play a blood elf male next. There's one who has hair even longer than the night elves. ;)

Actually, I think the night elf female with the longest hair is probably the one with the braid. It's pulled to the front over her shoulder so you can't measure it directly, but if you unbraided it and let it fall down her back, I'm pretty sure it would be at least classic length.

(Yes, I think about hair length on my toons as well!) :D

lol I do too, I just don't like how the braided one looks from behind or my priest would have it!

Nae
July 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
That is great!! I do the same on my Mmorpgs, I usually choose braids. Not all of my chars seem to have really long hair options. =/

TinaDenali
July 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
w00t!

I'm right there with ya! I play WoW, too. Have for four years now! YAY!

Thing is, though - I USUALLY put short hair on my avatars! I think because I don't want MY hair to be short, but I really like cute little bobs. The humans have a bob I just love. I actually cut my hair to look like that in 2006. MISTAKE!

Anyway - I'm playing Dragon Age right now on the XBOX and I did the same thing - gave my girl short hair. I guess I can live vicariously through them so I don't actually have to cut MY hair! :)

And - of course - LOVE your hair :)

eiwonob
July 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
I play WoW too, and, my first char was a night elf warrior with that exact same hair, long and white! :p I love that style and I wish that we had more long hairstyles ingame, for other races too. At least there are some long ponytails that I use to put on my human warlock ^^

cm006j
July 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Go nerds! I play WoW too. :) And other games.

Bast
July 22nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
I tend to choose hair that looks more like mine...so my UD priest has her shoulder-length hair, my hunter has her bouncy ponytail. I just wish that horde had that nice long hair, too!

...imageek...

ravenreed
July 22nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
I am such a WOW nerd that I taught myself the female troll dance, since my main toon is a girl troll. I LOVE that dance. =)

DragonLady
July 23rd, 2010, 12:17 AM
I play Second Life, and my avatar has always had the longest hair I could find. Normally she wears a braid that reaches her ankles and whips around hitting other avatars if she moves too quickly.

I love SL, but if I ever quit playing it, I'll see you all in WoW. ;)

Alaia
July 23rd, 2010, 03:32 AM
I don't think that's nerdy. And your hair is beautiful anyway.

I totally pick the longest hair for my MMO characters.

I played WoW for 10 days (free trial ;) ) and that's the exact one I chose.

I play Guild Wars and the Dervish women have hair about that long that's back in an interesting style. I choose that one! The rest of the hairs on that game are short or updos, really.

Dragon Age, I chose the twin braided buns. Which I tried on myself recently and they didn't work. *sigh*

tofuowl
July 23rd, 2010, 03:52 AM
Whenever I play MMORPGS I do this too! Pick the longest and prettiest hair to put on my character because that is how I would want my hair to look in real life.

haha I'm glad I'm not the only one :P I'm always so sad when the longest hairstyle offered is somewhere around BSL too. I understand a lot of people don't want to hide the shiny armor/clothing detail with hair, but ya know, some of us just might appreciate the option :)

freckles
July 23rd, 2010, 06:30 AM
that's a fun milestone, LittleOrca :) congratulations :)

Merewen
July 23rd, 2010, 07:07 AM
That is pretty awesome. :D I really love those comparison pics.

dropinthebucket
July 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
your hair still looks fab!
i love that in Fallout 3 you can choose a male or female playable character, but i was disappointed with the lack of long hair for females :( - you can give her a mohawk, or a rosie-the-riveter bob, but no long hair - guess it doesn't look apocalyptic enough! :D

WyrdWay
July 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
LOL my hair used to look like my Cleric Elf on DDO duegons and draggons online*
Just past shoulder length and green!
But its not anymore :) I've grown some virgin down to my shoulders in some places, and hennaed the ends.
Its fun to nerd out!

bunnii
July 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
I play Guild Wars and the Dervish women have hair about that long that's back in an interesting style. I choose that one! The rest of the hairs on that game are short or updos, really.

Dragon Age, I chose the twin braided buns. Which I tried on myself recently and they didn't work. *sigh*

Me too (for my derv :D ).And in Dragon Age I chose the high bun, unless I play warrior then it's an action bob! :lol:

LittleOrca - Congrats your hair is, and was, and will always be gorgeous :D