PDA

View Full Version : So I just made a happy discovery :)

Petite Simone
July 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
My Tresemme moisturize shampoo and conditioner are cone free!!! This made me so happy for two reasons:
a) my hair looks so nice when I use it
b) it means my hair can deal with no cones and look BETTER

YAY!!!!! Ok sorry for the happy rant lol

What other easily available 'poos and conditoners are cone free?

Sammich
July 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Many shampoos are cone free! :) They usually strip the cones off, so your hair isn't weighed down and built up on, (If it is an SLS shampoo) just check for ingredients with 'cone' on the end or for example: 'dimethiconol' or 'xane' (I think!)

Some cones are water soluble so it isn't much of a bother and they don't build up on your hair. (Which results in icky sticky ends)
Here's an article all about that:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=974598&postcount=2

Here's a list of cone free conditioners!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2216

I love cone free, but now I've figured I have to use cones in this summer heat, my hair dries out so badly if I don't use cones. :p They can be good.

ptnicole
July 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
That is great! I love the cone free conditioner: Fruictese (sp?) Triple Nutrition (there is a thread on this forum about it) and Suave Naturals Coconut.

jera
July 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
My Tresemme moisturize shampoo and conditioner are cone free!!! This made me so happy for two reasons:

I used to love Tresemme, but they stopped making the the kind of conditioner that gave me the best results and none of the others worked as well at all. Now I use no poo and Nexxus conditioner which is also cone free but more expensive.:)

Cleopatra18
July 22nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
I used the moisture rich tresseme shampoo and i was annoyed to find that hydrolysed keratin is one of the first ingredients.also it dried my hair alot.
now i switched to shampoo bars and i am happy :P

bunnii
July 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
I don't know if you can leave Narnia and visit England :p But if you can there's a list of UK cone free conditioners in my siggy :)

Petite Simone
July 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Who knows maybe there's a narnian gateway to the UK lol. Until then I shall search my local stores and the internet

Dolly
July 23rd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Really? I am reading the labels right now, and my Tresemme conditioners (both the moisturizing and the anti-breakage) are loaded with cones.....my hair loves cones though....

cheriemonty
July 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
I just starting Tresseme's conditioner and it does make your hair really soft.

triumphator!
July 23rd, 2010, 09:07 AM

YAY!!!!! Ok sorry for the happy rant lol

What other easily available 'poos and conditoners are cone free?

Does the Tresemme have SLS, do you know?

Loreley
July 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
That's great! :D My hair is happier without cones too, I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. I love it! :inlove:

mellie89
July 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Which conditioner are you using? I assume it's one of the new "Naturals" ones? I'd like to try it out, since I used to love Tresemme but the cone-y conditioners just don't work with my damaged ends.

Does the Tresemme have SLS, do you know?

They all have SLS or ALS, as far as I know. Even the "lower sulfate" natural line has ammonium lauryl sulfate and ammonium laureth sulfate as the first two ingredients after water.

JenniferNoel
July 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
I've been thinking of transitioning to that triple nutrition stuff, it always sounds so good. If I use cones, my hair gets limp and greasy right away, and it takes the form of unwanted shapes, like around my ears and stuff. It sucks. I'm using Mane n' Tail originals.

Petite Simone
July 24th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Which conditioner are you using? I assume it's one of the new "Naturals" ones? I'd like to try it out, since I used to love Tresemme but the cone-y conditioners just don't work with my damaged ends.

They all have SLS or ALS, as far as I know. Even the "lower sulfate" natural line has ammonium lauryl sulfate and ammonium laureth sulfate as the first two ingredients after water.

It's in the giant bottle. It says "professional formula" or something like that on the bottle. *scuttles off to go get it* Here are the ingredients:

Shampoo:
Big black bottle that says "vitamin e, moisture rich, professional formula, shampoo"

Water (aqua, eau), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, ammonium chloride, fragrance (parfum), quaternium-22, DMDM hydantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-39, butylphenyl, methylpropional, citric acid, limonene, amyl cinnamal, polysorbate 20, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, hydrolyzed keratin, fennel seed extract, propylene glycol, tocopherol acetate, panthenol, ascorbic acid, epilobium angustifolium flower/leaf.stem extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, sweet almond seed extract, hazel leaf extract, niacinamide, biotin

Petite Simone
July 24th, 2010, 08:27 PM
awww, i was mistaken, the condish is not cone free. but the 'poo is :)

Dolly
July 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
awww, i was mistaken, the condish is not cone free. but the 'poo is :)

Their condish one of my favorite coney products though....makes my hair feel like silk!

Cleopatra18
July 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
It's in the giant bottle. It says "professional formula" or something like that on the bottle. *scuttles off to go get it* Here are the ingredients:

Shampoo:
Big black bottle that says "vitamin e, moisture rich, professional formula, shampoo"

Water (aqua, eau), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, ammonium chloride, fragrance (parfum), quaternium-22, DMDM hydantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-39, butylphenyl, methylpropional, citric acid, limonene, amyl cinnamal, polysorbate 20, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, hydrolyzed keratin, fennel seed extract, propylene glycol, tocopherol acetate, panthenol, ascorbic acid, epilobium angustifolium flower/leaf.stem extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) extract, sweet almond seed extract, hazel leaf extract, niacinamide, biotin
I have this exact shampoo and it really frustrated me because it says "moisture rich" on the bottle and it has alot of protein in it.I am glad it worked for you because it's supposed to be really good but it never worked for my own hair.