PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who do scalp washes...

YesitsReal
July 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
...at what length were you able/obligated to do scalp-only washes? I've been considering trying it again (I'm at BSL) to reduce wetting and damage of my ends, but the last time I tried it, the length ended up wet anyway, and the whole process was a pain in the butt. Is there a special way to do this that I'm missing? Do I even need to do it while my hair is still this short? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D

freckles
July 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for ages! I'm at waist, and I feel like they would be useful to me at this length (ends are totally nongreasy still on wash-day), but I don't feel like the amount of hair I can manage to keep dry is really worth it :/ I've tried the hold-braid-over-head method, but I haven't tried the hair-in-a-bag method, so I might try that next. :shrug:

YesitsReal
July 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hair-in-a-bag method?

breezefaerie
July 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I do them at just below shoulder length.

Here is my process:
Bun the length on top of my head.
Cover bun with shower cap and elastic bands. You want this waterproof!
Wet the top of my head in shower and shampoo.
Rinse.

Pat top of head dry and take down bun.
Voilà! The length stays dry and my scalp dries really fast.

Lil Red Vampire
July 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
hijacking this post...sorta....is getting your hair wet damaging even if you don't shampoo the ends? I almost always shampoo my scalp after getting my entire head wet and then I condition and rinse thoroughly.