PDA

View Full Version : First Long Hair Compliment :-D

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Hey, everyone,

So, today is my birthday and I just got one of the best gifts ever! I got my first long hair compliment from a stranger, along with stranger touching! I was in the grocery store and these 2 ladies came up to me and said "You have beautiful hair! Is it naturally curly?" " Yes, it is, and thank you," I said.

Then, the older lady said, "I have to touch it! Oh, it's like silk!"

So, I thanked them both profusely and went about my shopping feeling great about growing out my hair.

So, I got to wondering, what was YOUR first/most memorable long hair compliment?

I can't wait to read everyone's experiences!

Happy Birthday to me! (singing happily)

Medievalmaniac
July 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Congratulations! That must have been a delightful moment for you!!

I still haven't gotten my first hair compliment. I'm keeping my hair under wraps until an opportune moment, when I will let it down and wow everyone who knows me.

As far as they know, I have hair just above my waist, like it was last year. Ha HA!:p

DARKMARTIAN
July 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Happy Birthday eezepeeze!!

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/headbanger.gifhttp://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/party0003.gifhttp://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/rocker.gif

I seem to get an unexpected number of compliments in grocery stores too. Its weird....

And then when they see all the junk food in my basket they turn around and walk off...hahaha!!

No not really.....but to be honest with you....my most memorable compliments would not be appropriate for this board. However I was told by a member here that I looked like a medieval king which l thought was really groovy.....:D

Gumball
July 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nice! Happy birthday! That's a great present to get. Those kinds of compliments are great to receive!

itheleniel
July 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
I'll have to say it was when I was at a debate tournament and I took my hair out of its bun, and my friend joni said: OMG that looks like hair for shampoo comercials! She then Proceeded to take pictures of it. :-D

freckles
July 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
yay! that sounds like a great compliment, I'm glad it brightened your day :)

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
It's fun reading your experiences! And, thank you for the birthday wishes :D

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday eezepeeze!!

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/headbanger.gifhttp://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/party0003.gifhttp://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/rocker.gif

I seem to get an unexpected number of compliments in grocery stores too. Its weird....

And then when they see all the junk food in my basket they turn around and walk off...hahaha!!

No not really.....but to be honest with you....my most memorable compliments would not be appropriate for this board. However I was told by a member here that I looked like a medieval king which l thought was really groovy.....:D

:D:D:happydance:This one made me smile. Yes, it is a PG-rated board, isn't it?

LittleOrca
July 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Woot! Congrats! :D

My first memorable long hair experiences happened when I was in a buffet line. The old lady next to me started to pet me like a cat, you know that slow petting that if it had been a man I would have slapped him for, and she told me my hair was so pretty. Had I been in a snarky mood I might have purred at her, but the woman was being genuine and I tend to give the elderly and children a little more leeway when it comes to touching my hair, so I just thanked her. :)

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'll have to say it was when I was at a debate tournament and I took my hair out of its bun, and my friend joni said: OMG that looks like hair for shampoo comercials! She then Proceeded to take pictures of it. :-D

I always wanted hair like in the Prell and Pantene ads. You know, long, blond, glossy, and perfect. No such luck, but I'm happy with what I have.

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Woot! Congrats! :D

My first memorable long hair experiences happened when I was in a buffet line. The old lady next to me started to pet me like a cat, you know that slow petting that if it had been a man I would have slapped him for, and she told me my hair was so pretty. Had I been in a snarky mood I might have purred at her, but the woman was being genuine and I tend to give the elderly and children a little more leeway when it comes to touching my hair, so I just thanked her. :)

Yes, these two ladies were headed toward elderly, too. It was kind of weird, her petting my hair, but it was kindly meant. I thanked her. Actually, it was nice getting a little hair notice. :)

spitfire511
July 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
My hair is just APL - so no compliments here yet - but CONGRATS! :) And Happy Birthday!

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Congratulations! That must have been a delightful moment for you!!

I still haven't gotten my first hair compliment. I'm keeping my hair under wraps until an opportune moment, when I will let it down and wow everyone who knows me.

As far as they know, I have hair just above my waist, like it was last year. Ha HA!:p

They're in for a surprise! Are you still at tailbone length?

SpinDance
July 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Happy Birthday eezepeeze! Your hair is lovely.

One of my most memorable comments was when a friend wanted to get a picture of my hair as I leaned my head back for it to fall free while standing under a rock bridge/ledge. Made for an interesting silhouette.

DARKMARTIAN
July 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I always wanted hair like in the Prell and Pantene ads. You know, long, blond, glossy, and perfect. No such luck, but I'm happy with what I have.

Wow....I didnt even know Prell still even existed!!..:p

Petite Simone
July 22nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Happy birthday!!!!!! *does a little birthday dance* I'm so happy that you got such a lovely comment. That must have made you feel very nice. I'm sure ther will be many more for you in the future :)

rosieex3
July 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Congrats and happy birthday! Once I got a hair compliment from a worker at TJ Maxx. She goes "I love your hair...it's so pretty and long! Have you ever thought about donating it to locks of love?" Uh...

tinti
July 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I'm kind of just bunning it untill I can wow people that know me and don't think I can grow my hair out, I'm kind of known for don't knowing what I want with it, but now I have decided :)

BattahZ
July 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Happy birthday! You do indeed have lovely hair :)

Feng-Shui
July 22nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Happy Birthday! :flower:

I am pleased which you a complement to your hair received.

Your hair is very beautiful.:)

Sammich
July 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
That's absolutely adorable! Awww, I'm glad you're happy! It's amazing getting a hair compliment. I got told: "Your hair is my dream hair, it's so silky!" By a friend at school for the first time, that was so cool. :D
I wouldn't mind someone touching my hair if they had nice intentions. :) I'm a touchy person anywho.

GlassButrFly
July 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Congrats Eezepeeze! You're hair and color is beautiful! I would have been slightly weirded out by the touching, but what are you going to do? lol I can't wait to get my first long hair compliment (mine isn't really "long" yet). :D

Itheleniel,
This wouldn't have happened to take place at an NCFCA debate tournament would it? :)

Fizz
July 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats eezepeeze!
Hair compliments make you feel soooo good don't they?

I have pretty low self esteem and when I need cheering up I always remember
two occasions last year - one woman ran across a car park and followed me into a
shop to tell my she loved my hair. :p
And then while I was visiting London, I was standing on the escalator in Selfridges
when a woman tapped me on the shoulder and told me that it made her happy to
see someone with long hair, and that I should never be persuaded into getting it cut.
Her exact words were "that is your crowning glory my dear and it is very beautiful"
and that made me want to cry!
She launched into a very animated discussion about how sad it was that women cut
their hair short all the time.

Happy Birthday to you!:flowers:
I hope you receive many more compliments in the future:)

jera
July 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Happy Birthday !!!!!!!! :cheese:
And congrats on your first long hair compliment. I got my first long hair compliment in kindergarten if you can believe that. A girl who sat behind said I had beautiful chestnut hair and asked if she could touch. I said yes, and I was soooo happy because it was the first compliment about my appearance I'd ever received from a stranger. :)

Kyla
July 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Happy Birthday!! That is indeed a wonderful gift.

My favorite hair compliment came from an elderly women. She was driving out of a gas station, and as I passed by walking, she yelled out her car window "You have beautiful hair!" before speeding off. It was so surprising and unusual, and also so nice.

My second favorite is whenever DBF compliments my hair :-)

Jessica Trapp
July 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Happy Birthday! And what a nice gift!

:flower:
jes

embee
July 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Happy birthday, congrats on the hair compliment, and may you have many more of both! :)

Kimarie91
July 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Happy Birthday! That was so sweet of the ladies. I don't mind older ladies as much.