PDA

View Full Version : Tips to make hair grow faster

cheriemonty
July 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
I have been taking Biotin? Does that really work?

LittleOrca
July 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
I have heard it does. Also a good diet high in protein will help your hair and vitamins as well. You might also want to look at the Monistat thread as some people have been getting growth results with that. I have been lurking there a while and might give it a shot soon myself. :)

alwayssmiling
July 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I've been taking biotin since the new year and have got 1" of growth each month for 3 months (increased from 1/2"). I was very excited but I also hear of increased Summer growth plus I have given up heat, so I'm still not so sure its the biotin or not. It is probably a combinatin of all three.

Sammich
July 22nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Apparently high protein works! I always have a high protein diet and my hair grows pretty fast.
Alot of the growth potential per month is usually down to genetics... but I've heard Monistat can really help with getting more than usual... Hmm.

virgo75
July 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Wish I could take biotin, but it makes me break out. :(

Also scalp massages and exercise help to increase the blood flow to the scalp which in turn may make hair grow faster.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
I think the best tip is to put your hair up without evaluating the length every day. Take care of your health, of course, but get busy with life. Then you aren't so aware of time passing as it relates to the length of your hair, and one of these days you'll be saying "wow; my hair has grown a lot since the last time I looked at it!"

redneckprincess
July 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
it does for me...but I also take a few other things too

Dolly
July 22nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Biotin has helped my growth immensely!

fisher2
July 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
i take natrol skin hair and nails it has biotin in it and a bunch of other things i havnt paid attention as i dont take it daily very well

Shany
July 22nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Wish I could take biotin, but it makes me break out. :(

Also scalp massages and exercise help to increase the blood flow to the scalp which in turn may make hair grow faster.

Have you tried a hair skin and nails formula? Even with 3000 mcg biotin, the vitamins in the formula that improve the look of skin may help a lot. And drink plenty of water.. That's what I take and it doesn't make me break out (but everyone is different..). The product I buy contains MSM(methylsulfonylmethane) and it's great for acne prone skin. You could try only MSM, it's good for hair growth too. :)

lillylonghair
July 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I have been taking biotin for a few weeks now. I have noticed my nails seems to be quite stronger and and are growing much quicker than they ever have with the exception of when I was pregnant. As for my hair, I don't measure often and have been wearing it up for a while. My husband tells me it looks longer though.

Mexibeach
July 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
I hope it's working. I've been taking it about a month now with decent growth progress!!

squiggyflop
July 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
high protein is my main thing that i use to get my growth.. but i got waaay faster growth when i was getting both high protein and taking vitamins (about 3 inches per month).... vitamins were natrol skin hair nails and centrum.. and i took them at night (not sure if that matters)

um well if the hair is growing really really slow i suggest monistat.. it works for me when my hair is stalled..

when i eat high protein i get about an inch a month and when i eat more veggies i get a centimeter at best.. but veggies make me sick so i dont eat them often

Feng-Shui
July 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
I eat many proteins and my growth very much increased.

My hair grow double length in one month since I begin much proteins to eat.

cheriemonty
July 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Littleorca, love your avatar.

longblondetan
July 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
women's one a day has biotin in it

cheriemonty
July 22nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
I take womens one a day vitamin plus 1000mcg of biotin, is that too much?

McFearless
July 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
- eating a lot of lean meats
- a handful of almonds or walnuts every other day or so
- exercising to boost growth
- keeping my scalp clean and moisturized
- good levels of iron & zinc

that helps with my growth and the quality of my hair

julliams
July 23rd, 2010, 02:35 AM
I take something called Hair Food Plus which has biotin in it and a number of other things. I've noticed good growth since I've been taking it. I seem to average 7/8" per month which is almost an inch. I measure each month using photos and wearing the same stripey shirt.