PDA

View Full Version : How long WOULD your hair be?

Barniie
July 22nd, 2010, 05:23 AM
I was just thinking...

(by the way hello ladies!)

For all you post-cutters, How long would your hair be now if you hadn't gone for the 'big chop'? Mine would be waist (My ultimate goal) :(

It makes me sad, but more determined to reach it, just so I can see if I can 're-live' my sever year old hair (hip length, straight and blonde. Not so much anymore)

Anyway, have a lovely weekend ladies, and pass the cheese!
:cheese:

XxX

Barniie
July 22nd, 2010, 05:26 AM
*bump*

(Sorry, I can't think of a better way to get this going ;))

MandaMom2Three
July 22nd, 2010, 06:10 AM
I try not to think about it, because likely it would be around knee and then I get mad at myself for cutting (even though it really WAS needed a couple times)

Sisko
July 22nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
A whole lot shorter, because the chop made me realise that I want long hair.

How's that for cheese? :p

Nae
July 22nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
I would probably be closing in on waist. But I also agree with the statement that having short hair made me want long. So who really knows?

virgo75
July 22nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Like Manda, I try not to think about it.

I didn't do a big cut at first. I trimmed up from past waist to BSL, then to APL, then to shoulder, then to chin, then cut off the rest of my fried, processed hair. I did it to get to my own hair which I had not really seen in its natural state in years -AND- I had just found out that my hair was curly, not "poofy" as I had thought the last time I saw it(and didn't know how to treat it).

That was maybe 2 & 1/2 years ago.
Assuming my hair grows at an average pace of .5 inches per month, my hair would probably be about Classic length now.

But the first 15-18 inches would be thick and healthy while the rest would probably be thinner and not as healthy. I'd rather if my hair was uniform. ;)

Edited to add: My "big chop" down to about 3 inches all around was in March 2008. I've had it trimmed about 5 or 6 times since then because I wanted the front of my hair to be more even with the back and nape. Right now it's a bit past shoulder. If I hadn't trimmed at all, I wouldn't be surprised if my would have been BSL by now. I think it can grow pretty fast when it wants to. :)

Barniie
July 22nd, 2010, 06:29 AM
It's interesting to see that most of you don't like to think about it - I LOVE to! Although it makes me sad, I really feel like it pushes me on, if you know what I mean (that's the reason for the :cheese: ;))

Thankyou all lovely ladies :)

going gray
July 22nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Geez I hate thinking about it, I would have reached my goal of BSL this summer if I hadn't chopped i all off really short last June. Worst part I did it without giving it enought thought too! It would have been all one length today, with no layers, I'm a fool!

Svenja
July 22nd, 2010, 06:50 AM
As long as my could grow in 30 years... terminal me reckons :(

bte
July 22nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
It all depends (and by the way, about 10% of us here are males, myself included) on how far back you go.

If I had been able to finish my university career and start my first job without cutting, back in 1977, I believe my almost APL hair would have reached fingertip length, about five inches above knee.

Sadly, when I was able to start to grow to terminal in 1994, the length genes had largely gone to sleep. But at least I know my hair will never be too long.

chipzahoy
July 22nd, 2010, 07:00 AM
Ideally between BSL and waist, however in reality it'd probably be between APL and BSL just because I'd be gradually cutting away chemical damage etc as it grew.

Bobbing it made me want to grow my hair long and healthy instead of long and icky.

Finoriel
July 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Terminal probably :p but itīs more than a decade since I had long hair and cut it for a pixie. I loved and enjoyed different versions of the pixie for quite some years... so I donīt regret cutting it at all. Itīs grown long again after a while, you know :wink:.

anodyne_ame
July 22nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Mine would be terminal too. But cutting it short (twice) made me realise long hair is my thing after all :)

jackiesjottings
July 22nd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Don't know if this really counts. But my big chop was in 1995 when I went from maybe just past classic to BSL and then had my hair short for a few years. Decided to grow again in 2005 and classic is my aim, very close now. Though I was happy with short hair in my short hair years I sometimes do wonder how long it would be if I hadn't cut it in 95. Knee length maybe?

Capybara
July 22nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
The last time I got a major cut was December 2007, when I donated 8 inches to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths campaign, and then had the haircut cleaned up (which probably took off another 2-3 inches, I didn't measure back then though). I don't regret it, although those extra inches would have put me well past my goal by now :cloud9:

Mariah!!
July 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Probably TB or so.... :(

Oh well! ;)

paperwhite
July 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Mine would be well past TB by now...which is why I'm in the 'I don't like to think about it' crowd. It's a little depressing to think of all the time I spent re-growing, but at the same time, it was really refreshing to have shorter (chin length) hair for a while :) It was in the summer months so I didn't have to worry about keeping my hair up and off of my shoulders and back. I did enjoy it for a while before I started growing out again, but I don't think that I'll ever go that short again, barring some kind of health condition or other influencing factor.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Assuming that it would even get that long, it would be at least down to calves by now, but the ends would be a ragged mess.

Sammich
July 22nd, 2010, 08:06 AM
If I didn't chop off my hip/buttlength hair when I was 8... My hair would be around knee or thigh right now. (I wouldn't want any longer! :p )

Or, if I didn't chop my hair so many times back in 2008, I think my hair would be about hipish... sigh, the sadness! :p

Madame J
July 22nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
My hair would be maybe 8-10" longer (maybe between waist and TB?) with at least 6-8" of that being gross, previously-dyed, brassy, damaged ends. I have never regretted my big chop of 2007, and I'm glad to be growing out virgin hair. Anyway, whenever I get the urge to dye it again, I just think how glad I am to have totally virgin hair. If I still had faded length, I probably wouldn't have that motivation, and would have just kept dyeing it.

ETA: My previous big chop of about 13" of hair was another that I don't regret. I was ready for short hair. So I guess if I hadn't cut my hair since high school, I'd have hair past classic length. But again, don't regret either chop.

KittyLost
July 22nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
If I had stuck to my original growth plans when I first found LHC in 2008 with APL hair, I would now be at Hip, or 30".
I don't mind though, as soon as I got my hair to BSL I straightened the hell out of it and stopped it getting any longer due to damage so the big chop was necessary for me and beneficial.

cheriemonty
July 22nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
probably at my goal of HL, since I cut it above my shoulders about 1 1/2 years ago, boo.:(

Jezerellica
July 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hmm. Knee length. I don't spend time being sad about it.

I just use the energy to learn how to care for the very fine strands I have. They break so easy, I have to be super careful any time I handle my hair.

PineappleJello
July 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
My hair would be 54 inches. I am happy I had my two big chops while I was still young (11 and 14) The first brought me to BSL and the second brought me to shoulder length. And now I'm over chopping my hair off.

triumphator!
July 22nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'd be at waist length right now. Damn you Locks of Love! A pox upon your scissors.... :nono:

Islandgrrl
July 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Terminal. Wherever that ends up being. Because it WAS at knee.

Kimarie91
July 22nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Waist...it still makes me sad.

Igor
July 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hm. Floor?

As opposed to pretty much all the other replies, I didn’t regret it though. I needed my “big chop” (To bald!) to realise what a great head of hair I have and how I should appreciate it and embrace its opportunities

GlassEyes
July 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, dude here.

Anyway, my hair would be about APL/BSL curly, and pushing waist pulled straight if I hadn't had to cut out lots of damage. :shrug:

Cupofmilk
July 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well it would be classic. I cut in Dec 09. I now have to regrow the 18 inches I lost - to get to classic - so another 3 years at least from now. ...... boring

SlightlySoprano
July 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Past BSL on to waist... don't remind me :sad

tanya222
July 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Probably knee, or maybe past that... :sad it was about waist length, then I went super short (think Jamie Lee Curtis)

Anje
July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Well, I maintained for a while between the big chop and finding this place... But since I whacked off a foot, I'd say my hair would be about mid-thigh at least.

Of course, I'm assuming my terminal isn't higher up.... My buns are getting fatter, but I'm still not sure I can do better than a stringy terminal around classic.

Petite Simone
July 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
after figuring in all the chopping over the period of five years, I'd probably be classic. And man that KILLS me. *stupid stupid stupid*

Cinnamoon
July 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Probably about classic.. :( It was about waist, and then a year ago I cut it to chin. :(

Naamah
July 22nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
I don't think my hair would be any longer. I've cut 5-6 inches off of my hair regularly for the past few years. It was definitely needed, I used to treat my hair badly. If I hadn't cut my hair, it would be very long, but horribly thin and in horrible condition. It wouldn't be worth it.

constantki
July 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Mine would be 51 inches or so since I cut off 20 inches, reducing my waist length hair to chin length.

Clytemnestra
July 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
The last time I was visiting the forum my goal was tail-bone and I probably would be there now. I only made it to waist and I began to trim when I had decided to start dressing more vintage again, and pin-curls required a shorter length.

Now it is back up to my shoulders and I am shooting for BSL or a little longer. I miss my longer hair styles like ballerina buns and such.

BelleBot
July 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I think I cut to BSL about 4 years ago. My hair was I think between tailbone and classic before then. So now it would probably be around 50 - 60 inches if I'd let it carry on growing. Silly me. I'm not sure how long that is on me, but most likely around knee length.

Qwackie
July 30th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Mind would be waist, which of course is my goal.
I cut it off to restart, then if I'd just cut off a little bit and waited a little bit I could've gotten it there.

MissManda
July 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM
If I hadn't gotten my hair chopped off into an undercut bob when I was twelve, it would probably be around calf or floor length if I had only gotten trims to maintain hair health. Since my grandmother never would have stood for me growing my hair past tailbone, it probably would have remained there. If I had kept my tailbone length hair until 2007 (without being pushed into cutting), which is when I decided to start growing), it would probably be mid-thigh or knee-length.

These are only estimates. I'm too lazy to track how much my hair grows per month, but I do know it grows super-fast because when I was maintaining a pixie cut, I would have to get it cut back to its original length every three or four months. >:D

wvgemini
July 30th, 2010, 01:49 PM
If I just count from my last "growing" phase, probably past BSL by now :(

slythwolf
July 30th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Last March I cut 14" off to BSL, so I'd be at 49", a little past fingertip. I'd be less than a year away from goal.

sally_neuf
July 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Well, Having in minf that my *BIG* chop was from waist to chin, like... 6 years ago, (after that, it was just little trims and chopsies to get a pixie that lasted 4 years) I assume that I would be something like... classic right now? or tight? (If my terminal isn't shorter)

elliebean184
July 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I cut from waist to BSL two years ago, and finally back at waist now (but with better ends). I bet I'd be at tailbone or even classic. Mostly, I'm excited for the point that I can say "This is the longest it's ever been! and it's getting longer!"

squiggyflop
July 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
39 inches right now.. cut off 21 in the past 2 years 11 months..
39+21=60 inches

so i would have hair that was 60 inches long if i wasnt cutting it all the time

oh im only counting chops since i joined.. before that i would cut back to chin every summer and so i have no idea how to figure out how long it would be now if i hadnt been chopping it all those years..

ETA.. how weird would it have been to have joined and within 3 years have gone from shoulder to calf/ankle.. that would have been very odd..

MathnSkating
July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
The last big hair cut I got was in 2008. It would probably be down to my knees. The hair is back down, if not a bit longer, than it was when I cut it. (Waist). But I also got a minor cut last year. So, yeah definitely down to my knees! I'd totally cut it before it got that long, even if it can.

amnicare
July 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Somewhere between 35-40 inches. People should know never to listen to hair stylists. They tell you to cut your hair to make it grow faster. Whatever that just makes you lose your growth. Of course it does keep your tips softer and without split ends. I think I would rather have long hair though.

Speck
July 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I can't imagine where it would be. Excluding trims, I've done two 10-12" chops in the last 10 years. I remember when I was toilet training my son to sit on the big potty it would almost fall in. That was the first chop.

AZDesertRose
July 30th, 2010, 07:52 PM
If I hadn't chopped it my senior year of high school, it would probably be at least knee length by now. If I hadn't cut it in March (which I now wish I hadn't) it would probably be back to classic length, if I let it grow that long. It was kind of a pain that long, and I think I'm going to let it get to hip or so and keep it there. I don't know. I'm still a little curious as to what is terminal length for me, so I may grow it as long as it will grow and see how I feel then.

oceanwoman111
July 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I would be a super healthy virgin TB. :sad The chop included razoring and bleach. It's been a blast growing out. :rolleyes:

oceanwoman111
July 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Mostly, I'm excited for the point that I can say "This is the longest it's ever been! and it's getting longer!"

Me too!!!!

kwaniesiam
July 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
If I had never chopped during my time at LHC I'd probably be past classic by now.

christine1989
July 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
My hair would be past BSL and nearing waist if I had not had my last cut. I'm glad I did though- it removed the fuzzy ends.

Juneii
July 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Going back all the way to the big chop I took in Freshman year in highschool - which it was around waist length - and if I let it grow with careful constant trimming, it would be around calf length me thinks :D

klcqtee
July 31st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Hm, well, I cut off 20 fried inches, but if my hair had been healthy enough to keep, it'd be hip length if I'd gotten small trims every few months. My hair needed it though. I wanted it long, but it needed to go, so no regrets here.

Cosmicfish
July 31st, 2010, 01:13 AM
Well, my hair hasn't been long in... 5-6 years, then it was to the bottom of my butt. I was also much shorter, a good 7 inches since I got a growth spurt about that time. If I hadn't gotten the chop I'm sure I would have kept it below my bust to waist.

Katurday
July 31st, 2010, 01:41 AM
I had waist length hair in grade 7...Hmm. That was around five years ago, times six...Thirty more inches. It would be 60 inches, which I'm assuming is somewhere near knee territory. Granted, I had many many chops over the years, that was just the first one.

Jules diamond
July 31st, 2010, 01:53 AM
My big chop happened a while ago now, but it would probably be BCL by now if I hadn't done it.

Tabihito
July 31st, 2010, 11:00 AM
Around TB, I believe. I had two fairly large chops in short succession. Before the first one, my hair was near BSL, not exactly certain but it was quite long. I then cut it back to around where it is now, just shy of APL, in July of 2008. Two years from BSL to TB sounds about right for my average growth rate. However, in November of 2008, I had a major chop and my hair ended up about an inch long.

If I hadn't cut it to chin length from APL or so in my freshman year of high school, it would be somewhere in the thigh range by now. But I don't regret that cut or any of the ones before it. I never had super-long hair as a kid, so it makes me want it even more now. Plus, I've gotten all the short styles out of my system at this point.

But those two cuts in 2008, those I really wish I hadn't done.

lil_irish_angel
July 31st, 2010, 11:51 AM
my chop that happend in October of 09 for a friend , had I not cut then I would have been hip , which is where I wanted to be.I shall be there soon next yr..

HintOfMint
August 1st, 2010, 01:15 AM
It would be at "can I call this waist?"

I'm only counting from the time I made a bad decision of layers which gave me a very thin hemline and led to my decision to chop off two inches of hair.
All of the other haircuts were necessary.

OperaTeacherMom
August 1st, 2010, 01:19 AM
Mine would probably be about BSL curly...:(

sunshine-locks
August 1st, 2010, 01:59 AM
Probably APL or BSL :( (only Shoulder Length at the moment)

crystal_89
August 1st, 2010, 02:46 AM
Waist length if I hadn't chopped from BSL to pixie in March 2010, or Tailbone if I hadn't chopped from waist to APL in February 2009.

I don't think about it much after the second chop because I'm starting to enjoy growing out my hair and chopping it as opposed to the first time I grew my hair, I would mope over every half inch lost.

ilovelonghair
August 1st, 2010, 03:21 AM
Mine wasn't so drastic: tailbone to waist. I would definitely have tailbone length hair, but it wouldn't look good: just a few wisps. I'm glad I did the chop: now my hair is growing in thicker and I don't have wisps anymore. I am on my way to tailbone again, but this time it will look better thanks to LHC of course :D

Soniasonia
August 1st, 2010, 04:32 AM
It was almost to my knees 5 months ago, then I chopped of around 5 inches. So now it's just under my butt and touches my thighs. It most likely would be past my knees by now!

mali
August 1st, 2010, 05:58 AM
If i wouldn't have cut it in the fifth grade,when I was 11, it would probaby be knee-length.:confused:Why did I have to cut it?!It's only shoulder length,now! URGH! :queen:

Stephichan
August 1st, 2010, 09:06 AM
If I had stuck to my original plan in early Dec 09, and hadn't chopped later that month or in April, I'd probably be somewhere around waist.

Nymphea
January 31st, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well, not including those messy ends that had to go... I thing I could add some good 8-10 inches to this length... Aaaaa! It would be past classic, for sure!

redneckprincess
January 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
i was just thinking about this last night...cursses insomnia.....

33 months ago i had a pixie cut in, in the time since i have had 1 big 4.5" CHOP and 3 small trims. I would be about 30" (almost waist) if not for those.

Madora
January 31st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Floor at least...IF my genes permitted it!

georgia_peach
January 31st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe BSL by now. But since I'm at pixie and can't change that, I'm going to use this thread as a reminder not to cut my hair again when the growing out process gets tough!

MaKenna90
January 31st, 2011, 11:49 AM
I donated 10 inches in June of 2008, and haven't really had any big chops since then. So I'd probably be around 37 inches. Which is just a few inches past my current goal.

CaveB
January 31st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Right past BSL, where I want to be so desperately. So sad, but, like many others, I try not to think about it. :(

ScarlettAdelle
January 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
If I hadn't had my three big chops my hair would most likely be at fingertip, which is the longest I can see myself allowing it to be... currently it's just above tailbone... I'm over half-way there!!! Come on, hairs!!! Floorward-ho!!! (apparently, my hair, when it's growing, becomes a pirate? XD)

Avital88
January 31st, 2011, 01:44 PM
I had 2 major big chops in my life, first when i was 11, i went from past Bsl to pixie, then i grew that all out, when i was 16 my hair was at waistlength and i cut it all back to SL first and later to chin and maintained that for a while.
I would at least be at knee without all the chops, but at least its a good inspiration for not cutting Ever again! Or not big chops..

ChatNoir
January 31st, 2011, 02:58 PM
I was at APL when I cut it back to shoulder... So I would guess waist by now... :(

JulietCapulet
January 31st, 2011, 03:00 PM
If I hadn't cut my hair because I was so hurt that day...my hair would be past waist by now.

lapushka
January 31st, 2011, 03:20 PM
If I wouldn't have kept switching back & forth between natural and chemical dyes several years ago, when I was at BSL, then I'd be at CL right now. Back then I had to have it cut off to a bob because of profound chemical damage. I am WL right now, so the dye incident's long since forgotten, but not long enough for me to be comfortable around hair dye.

Anywhere
January 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
A bit past classic... if those two bad haircuts (of 6" both times :bigeyes:) count as chops.

ibleedlipstick
January 31st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Probably between my behind and my knees — I had my head shaved when I was at waist (Bad bleach job — just because they are professionals doesn't mean they are good at what they do.)

Kaeita
January 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
Depends if you're just counting the last big chop, or all of them? Since my hair's been virgin (about 10 years), I've had several chops of about a foot of length, so I think it'd be somewhere between classic and floor.

CinnamonCurls
January 31st, 2011, 08:52 PM
I have done 4 massive cuts in my life...(some measurements are estimated, as I didn't measure before/after, but I know where my hair was on my body at those cuts, or how many inches I cut off, so I came up with the probable number estimates. Obviously I can't estimate my childhood cut, as I was much smaller then)

1 - as child cut from classic to shoulder (loss = unknown)
2 - cut from 45" to 24" (loss = 21")
3 - cut from 41ish to 28" (loss = 13)
4 - cut from 43" to 24" (loss = 19")

So, the length I cut off as an adult equals a total of 53"...plus quite a few 2-3" trims, and one or two 6" inbetween, but I won't count those. Supposing over all that time that my hair did not ever reach it's terminal length as an adult (I've yet to ever reach terminal as I always have cut it off once it reached near classic, as the ends were just trashed since I didn't know how to care for it like I do now...I always had to get it cut as eventually I couldn't get a brush through the last 12" or so without struggle)

So, if I've done the math right, and someone please correct me if I did...
53" of length cut (estimate)
+ 42-43" current
= 90"+ would be what I think the math shows...and if I added on the 6" that I rounded down in the addition above, that would make my hair lay on the floor 3 feet beyond my height my feet....CRAZY!!!

I sure wish I could grow it out that long!!

PiroskaCicu
January 31st, 2011, 10:11 PM
My hair would be at hip or more!! i cut my hair to a pixie in 2008 when it was at waist length. How silly of me! Then I had to restart the process but I am enjoying the journey! It is really fun.

IcarusBride
January 31st, 2011, 10:45 PM
My sister ALWAYS talks about this! Around a year ago she cut her almost-BSL hair to chin length. My mom saved the ponytail in her babybook (it was her first 'major' hair cut in her life, she's now 10!) and my sister always takes it out and holds it at the end of her hair and says LOOK HOW LONG MY HAIR WOULD BE NOW IF I DIDN'T CUT IT! It's cute and very LHC-ish, but gets kind of annoying since she does it every time I'm over there...

As for me... I don't know! I never had an instance of "THE CHOP", rather, my entire life I grew my hair to BSL then cut back to APL and repeated the cycle every year. With my pre-LHC haircair, my ends felt like steel wool as soon as the length started to pass BSL. If only I'd known how to care for my hair properly earlier... I could have been to terminal long ago, haha. Now I'm only at waist, but at least it's 100% virgin and in good condition, right? A good place to progress from...

tanya222
January 31st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Probably about mid-calf or longer... :( makes me sad to think of it. I had waist-length as a child, in early teens or so I went pixie, looked horrid and started growing long again. I'm past classic now, so even waist-length on a child is a good amount of length, so I'd definitely be past knee!

CaityBear
January 31st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Heh...I'd probably be like knee or maintain knee or something. But I cut before I really planned to grow my hair out. I had it down to waist and cut it to shoulder (because my mom wouldn't let me do chin because she thought I'd regret it) and then ended up going to chin a couple months after. I did that in August of 2006 and did have probably around a total of 6-8 inches cut off since 2006. Now...if I never cut my waist length hair then...man! I would have really long hair. lol From August 2006 until today I'm about 1-2 inches from classic.

It doesn't really bother me too much since I wasn't trying to grow out my hair before. But I do wish my hair would hurry and grow some more. I have a plan. Grow my hair out to knee just to say I did :P, then let my roots grow out a bit, then chop it off to chin length and maintain until my henna is all gone then grow my hair out again with my natural color. Then maybe stay around hip/classic. :)

Juneii
February 1st, 2011, 12:22 AM
somewhere around my knees, but it would be so heavily fairytailed and ragged from the excessive layers I would hate my hair.

Noula
February 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM
If I had never had a big chop I'd probably have been at terminal for years, whatever that is for me, but counting just the last one I'd probably be half-way between hip and tailbone.

As a child my hair was usually somewhere in the mid-back to waist range. When I was around 12 I decided I wanted a bob and got it cut. Have had lots of drastic cuts since because I alternated between wanting to cut it and not wanting to bother with it.

My hair used to grow like a weed but now that I've decided I actually want to keep it long it seems to have slowed down a great deal. One of those laws of nature I guess :)

Messyhair
February 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
Oh goodness! I'd have about 70" or more by now. I don't think I would ever let it grow that long, though.

Flutterbee
February 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
If I hadn't chopped off my hair this last time I would be mid-back, almost waist right now. Sucks to think about it but I'm enjoying the growing process and trying not to dwell on it.

Kome
February 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Probably tailbone or classic length. I cut off a chunk of damaged hair, but this has to nurse what was left back to health... so in reality I could have just not cut it and nursed it ALL back to health. *sigh*... oh well. It is what it is. No use sitting around thinking about it. I did cut out a bunch of layers too so... that wasn't the only reason. ^__^

mellie89
February 1st, 2011, 08:25 AM
My last "chop" (March 2009) took off about 6 inches. So if I hadn't done it, I'd be at waist by now. However, I had to get rid of my damaged ends sooner or later. I don't regret the chop, even though it wasn't a flattering length for me.

kitmarlow
February 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
I'd definitely be at waist by now, but I would have no idea how to care for it and I'd still be using chemical dyes. I also would probably still long for the pixie I kept around for two years.

vanillabones
February 2nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Mine would be at least waist :( as about 3 years ago I cut it from just above my bra to layered around my ears/jaw and kept it that way since last summer. It'd be sooo long now, I try not to think of it either, I liked my hair for those years I kept it short so - no regrets :P

But my hair grows painfully slow, 6 months of growth and it's thinned out and skimming my collarbone