PDA

View Full Version : Uk links

jane01
July 22nd, 2010, 04:24 AM
Can anybody send me some good uk hair sticks links to buy because I don't know anywhere on the Internet which is good. Also does anybody know a good uk hair website which sells pure silk hair protector for protecting hair at night?

Svenja
July 22nd, 2010, 05:12 AM
You can get hair sticks at Claire's.

I cannot recommend a specific website, mind you, but I got most of my sticks from Ebay.

Harriet
July 22nd, 2010, 05:15 AM
I couldn't find any hair stick sellers in the UK. I've ended up ordering some from an american website and will just have to wait for them to be shipped. There's definately a niche in the UK market, perhaps one of us should start a business!

Tabitha
July 22nd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Beware of customs when ordering from the US/outside the EU - some sellers are sympathetic, others consider it to be lying if they are asked to underestimate the value on the green form.

UK customs are very active at the moment and seem to be stopping all parcels. You get charged £8 Royal Mail handling charge on top of the actual tax, and you pay VAT at 17.5%

We are only allowed £18 worth of goods, the dollar amount fluctuates obviously, at the moment that is roughly US$27.

Believe me you will be taxed for the whole amount even if you're just a quid about the threshold.

BelleBot
July 22nd, 2010, 05:25 AM
I use US sellers usually on Etsy, so far I haven't had any problems with customs except the odd parcel which has obviously been opened.
If you don't want to order from a different country you could try http://www.stone-bridge.co.uk They have some fantastic hair toys and are UK based, though a tad pricey.
As already said Claire's accessories carry a range of cheap hairsticks which is worth checking out.

pepperminttea
July 22nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
I second eBay, not just for hair toys but sometimes for serums and whatnot that aren't sold here. I also use Etsy and wait for the US-UK shipping, but ditto what Tabitha said. If customs can charge you, they will.

On the off-chance you're a ficcare lover, there's also Stone Bridge (http://www.stone-bridge.co.uk/). *enables* :p