PDA

View Full Version : to fringe or not to fringe? (pics) SOS! :)

evampr18
July 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
[quosiorpew'ap'ote][/quote]q U O T E

laurathexplora
July 21st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Wow! You are so beautiful. And that food looks delicious! I personally think you should wait it out and grow your bangs out. You have a great forehead and face shape. I had bangs cut in a while back and they were way too thick because the stylist used too much hair. It did help while growing them out to have them thinned with a razor so they would sit better and not look so blunt.

kristymarie87
July 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Since they are so thick a good way to grow them out a bit would be to wither trim them so that the sides are longer than the middle of the fringe, like an upside down 'U' hemline in the fringe and gradually get mor and more parts in the longer bits and keep the actual hair you want in a straight fringe.

The other option is to part it on the side and have a side fringe. It will be a little thick to begin with and lack shape but as it grows you can cut it at more of a slant. << i did this method and i hardly have a fringe now!

PF Graham
July 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM
One man's opinion: Grow them out.

You have a beautiful face and your bangs hide half of it.

- P

TammySue
July 21st, 2010, 12:49 PM

- P

Agree with P!

IStand4u
July 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hey, I agree with the person above me, grow it out! You look beautiful, and your hair hides half of your face... but I also think you should do what makes you happy! So, if you really want that fringe, just a little different from what it is now, go for it!

evampr18
July 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
thanks everyone for your replies. so i should have them thinned out? will they grow faster? i just dont trust the salon people. i dont have a stylist because they never cut my hair how i want it. i dont want to sabotage my hair anymore.

Loreley
July 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'd grow them out. :)

Paniscus
July 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
I don't know... hard choice. The bangs are cute and you can pull them off. However, your face is beautiful. You've got a great forehead (envious) and bone structure. If I were you, I would continue to grow them out and play with them as they turn into face framing lengths. Then, you can always go back and cut in less fringe if you decide you miss them.

Me personally? I would not thin them out. If you are going to let them grow, let it grow out thick. It may be a pain-in-the-tush for awhile (wear hats, headbands, clips etc) but I'm betting it will grow faster than you think.

serious
July 21st, 2010, 01:30 PM
Grow them out.

- P

I totally agree with PF Graham.

Sammich
July 21st, 2010, 01:45 PM
No fringe. Your face is absolutely gorgeous, don't hide it! :D

IMO, eitherway you do look lovely with bangs! :D

Khiwanean
July 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
I really do like your initial picture with bangs. You could try cutting your bangs like Torrin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM8JQR3sUE) does, which gives an upside down u shape, or use point cutting (http://www.ehow.com/how_2274631_point-cut-scissors.html) to break up that straight line a little. If you decide you don't actually like bangs, then grow them out! You may have to adapt them as they grow so you aren't stuck with them in your eyes. (My bangs were the only reason I ever chopped to chin-length. I couldn't stand them anymore.)

heynormy
July 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Grow them out!

tinti
July 21st, 2010, 02:26 PM
I would grow them out. It's way more stress to have bangs then it is not to :) Besides, you have a nice face shape, and your bangs hide half of it as P said. You could just pin them back in the horrible growing process :) But you look good either way!

evampr18
July 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM
thanks everyone for replying :)

evampr18
July 21st, 2010, 08:10 PM
im definitely growing them out. just to where they get to face framing length. because my final goal is to have long hair with layers, just because my hair is too straight to look good without layers.

TinaDenali
July 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
I agree with everyone who says to grow them out. You look amazing and lovely and beautiful in the first picture, and honestly I think the bangs detract from that. You should be so happy to have a face that looks great without bangs! I really need them to hide my face.

cuddledumplin
July 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
I think you look great either way, but I think you look slightly prettier without the fringe.

GoddesJourney
July 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
I would say wait it out. You definately look better when you're actually showing your face.

Quezie
July 22nd, 2010, 01:55 AM
Grow them out!

You have very nice skin, btw!

UltraBella
July 22nd, 2010, 02:16 AM
I think you are lovely no matter what, but I would grow at least part of them out. You have the thickest bangs I have ever seen ! That's not a bad thing, but it does give them a heavy look. I liked you in the first two pics the best. Good luck and keep us posted !

Gypsygirl
July 22nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
I think bangs look gorgeous on you, but yours are a bit thick. ;) If I were you, I'd clip back and grow out part of them.

Here's how: Comb back all of your hair and carve forward a triangle shape between one and two inches deep at the point. Comb the bangs forward to establish a guide length and instead of combing the bangs upward for a horizontal or angled cut, comb them straight out from the forehead from each side and form a vertical cutting line. Use your guide length to cut the bangs in a vertical line and allow them to fall back to their natural position. The triangle gives fullness in the center of forehead and added length on the sides to blend more smoothly into your long hair. :) Just clip back the parts that you want to grow out until they are long enough to tuck behind your ears.

pepperminttea
July 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM

- P

Agreed. :)

kristymarie87
July 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Cut up into them with really good sharp scissors. Hold them vertically and snip. Be careful not to have too much cut out at once. I thin mine out that way. Then it will be much easier to grow them out. I would recommend findin cute clips and making braids, quiffs and cute styles while you are growing them out. Once they are a little longer you can part them to the side :D

spitfire511
July 22nd, 2010, 07:03 AM
I have to agree with the "grow them out" opinions. You do look lovely no matter what, you just really have a gorgeous face, and I think you should show it all off! :)

Phexlyn
July 22nd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Hmm, I think the bangs are too thick for you, and I actually prefer your face without bangs. It compliments your face shape much more (and I can see your lovely eyebrows). But if you want to keep them, grow only a part out so that they're not as thick anymore.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Grow them out. I think the first, no-bangs picture, looked sensational.

dropinthebucket
July 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'm gonna buck the trend here and say, i think the bangs are gorgeous on you - very stylish and chic - there's maybe just a bit too much of them. You could grow out a portion on each side, as they are a bit wide, and leave the central portion of the bangs - shortening out the central portion now. As the sides grow out, they create cute, face-framing tendrils. I actually liked mine at this stage, so now I keep them just below chin length, and when my hair is up, i have bangs and wispy tendrils around the face to soften the harshness of my thin, wimpy bun. :)

Like your Canada shirt! :D

Jezerellica
July 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Your face is so beautiful, it is a shame to cover any of it. :shocked: Seriously, grow those puppies out asap. Just my humble opinion of course.

It won't be long and you can sweep them over for a while, I did that and it was actually a fun way to deal with it.

The food in pic#1 looks so interesting!! :yumm:

Pic#3 scared me!:p

WyrdWay
July 22nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
You are adorable, I vote grow them out! I cut mine to up above my brows last year and now they are past my chin, even with me trimming them a bit after they got past my nose. They are just now making it to my ponytail. And it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Just grab some bobby pins and pin them too the side or get a cute head band.

Growing them out will be worth it , and then after that you will have the confidence to cut them again if you want to because you will know you can handle it!

Annalouise
July 22nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
I like you with bangs and without bangs. I like bangs and people tell me I look better with them, although my hair is one length now. I am tempted to cut bangs, but have resisted due to the fact I have thin hair but that is not a problem for you.

I don't know? I honestly like both. The issue I have with not having bangs is that I feel a bit "granola" looking (which is not bad its just not avant guard if you know what I mean). Conversely, what I like about not having bangs, is that it makes the hair look longer without any short peices giving the length the emphasis and drama.

So I'm really torn between the two. 50/50. :) I know, that is sooo helpful isn't it?

ETA:

I asked hubby, he said he likes the bangs better because you look younger.:)

Kimarie91
July 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
I think you look great without them. I just thinned mine out some and only trimmed what I decided to keep.

alwayssmiling
July 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
I love fringes - so I'm a bit biased, but I really like you with the fringe. But you have an oval face which means you could do either, I think. The downside to having a fringe is that you have to keep up with the trimming. I have to trim mine every 3 weeks.

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
Well, I really liked the first pic of when you first cut them in. They framed your eyes nicely and made them pop. But, it seems like they are hiding your beautifyl eyes now, so maybe a trim or some razor cutting?

Honestly, you look great with or without the bangs. I think maybe just reshaping them to frame your eyes.

Deborah
July 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Yep. I agree with him. Grow them out.

- P

simplysnuggle
July 22nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
You could always grow out half of them and pin back the rest until they grow. Just cut the amount with the thickness that you want.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
I think you look better without the bangs. Just MMHO. :flower: