PDA

View Full Version : Is there a term for this?

Bellatrix
May 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
After washing and whilst my hair is damp, I comb it back into a ponytail and let it dry there so the roots dry straight.

Is there a term for this? I'm wondering because a lot of methods on here do have specific terms. Thanks.

Hypnotica
May 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
No, haven't seen a special term for that. You could call it "damp ponytailing".

jojo
May 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM
i do this too, to stop the little hairs sticking up dont know of a term though! root drying pony? stoppy baby hair pony? bellatrix ponying? we must think of one!!!

Elainehali
May 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Wouldn't doing that give you a dent where the elastic was?

Strongnlong
May 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I do this and call it banding or stretching my hair. Further after the intial ponytail holder I continue with holders down the length of the tail; and I really only have a bunny tail at this point. When I release my hair after it's dry it's relatively str8. HTH

mommy2one05
May 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't doing that give you a dent where the elastic was?

when I do this I always get a ponytail dent and then I have to wet my hair and comb through again so it defeats the whole purpose.

Starr
May 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I do this and call it banding or stretching my hair. Further after the intial ponytail holder I continue with holders down the length of the tail; and I really only have a bunny tail at this point. When I release my hair after it's dry it's relatively str8. HTH

Sounds like the abbreviated version of banding to me. . .:D

backtonature
May 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure what to call it but I know it works :cheese:, can't wait till my hair grows out more so I can put it in a ponytail.

I hope we can come up with a cool name for it.

Katze
May 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM
yeah, I get a dent if I do this, too, until I rewet my hair. I love braids, but can't do them and wear my hair down afterwards. The whole idea of "braid waves" is alien to me and my hair, because I get weird, unattractive bumps from braids.

Getting my hair wet and styling it is the way I make it wavier, not straighter.

maybe it is a hair texture thing? BF also has fine (but thick) hair and wears a ponytail 99% of the time. When he takes his hair down, he has a bump where the elastic was.

jojo
May 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
its better to use a scrunchie and dont twist it too tight, no dent then and do it when hair is damp not wet

Toadstool
May 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I read on another hair board this is called a "bubba-tail" after Purple Bubba, and I have also seen "bubba-tailing" used as a verb!

Periwinkle
May 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
yeah, I get a dent if I do this, too, until I rewet my hair. I love braids, but can't do them and wear my hair down afterwards. The whole idea of "braid waves" is alien to me and my hair, because I get weird, unattractive bumps from braids.

Getting my hair wet and styling it is the way I make it wavier, not straighter.

maybe it is a hair texture thing? BF also has fine (but thick) hair and wears a ponytail 99% of the time. When he takes his hair down, he has a bump where the elastic was.

I have super-thick hair, and I always have a dent if I put an elastic in. If I put it in while my hair is wet, then it looks as if I put about ten rollers in and left it that way for a week :blueeek: