PDA

View Full Version : Whatever just happened, I hate it!

ravenreed
July 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I just combed my hair after I got out of the shower. I noticed some weird white gooey stuff in my hair, so I checked my brush. It was in the brush too. I rinsed my brush, grabbed a comb and combed a bit, and noticed more of it in my hair. It looks almost like a waxy substance coming off the strands of my hair as I brush. I think as my hair dries, it will be flaky. My hair does not feel coated or bad in any way.

Something went wrong in my routine early, just not sure what it was. I wanted to do an SMT. As I posted in the SMT thread, I was out of honey, so I added molasses. That turned into a weird, clumpy disaster, so I dumped it and instead, just did a Suave Wild Cherry and Fruit of the Earth AVG mix on my head. I rinsed it out, did an ACV rinse and then a catnip rinse. I added the Sally's version of Biolage Matrix to my ends and rinsed the whole thing.

If my hair is still weird tomorrow, I will do a clarifying wash. I just rinsed it with more ACV and ran a bunch of water over it, but my back is out so I am not able to wash it again tonight. I was just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen?

(Not sure where to post this. If I erred, I hope the mods will move it.)

ericthegreat
July 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Oh I'm so sorry this happened to you! I think there is a real danger of an impending hair disaster when we use too many different products and hair recipes at the same time. Often one part of our recipe might clash with another part and we end up getting white gooey buildup/ itchy irritated scalp/ hair that feels coated and grimy, that kind of thing.

Definitely clarify your hair again. If your hair still had that white buildup in it, keep clarifying your hair until it is eventually washed out. Also, perhaps you should actually simply your routine. Maybe just use the catnip and skip the molasses and the Matrix altogether, or use a lighter conditioner.

RachelRain
July 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I get that all the time - for me, it's just conditioner that I could not manage to rinse out of my hair. It seems to be about... I dunno, between ear and chin level or something, and as I brush my hair it gets distributed out. Never feels like it's still there, it just shows up in the brush.

Could it just be that (conditioner), and somehow got stuck between your layers of hair or whatever?

ravenreed
July 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Eric-- I have done with routine with a full SMT and all the rest, the only difference is this time I didn't have any honey. I am not sure why it made a difference, but it seems to have. :confused: Or maybe something has been building up without me noticing and just now it is coming off. I have NO idea!

RachelRain-- My conditioner doesn't feel quite this gooey. It feels more like a wax. It is also all the way to the roots. I agree I probably did not rinse something out well enough.

Oh I'm so sorry this happened to you! I think there is a real danger of an impending hair disaster when we use too many different products and hair recipes at the same time. Often one part of our recipe might clash with another part and we end up getting white gooey buildup/ itchy irritated scalp/ hair that feels coated and grimy, that kind of thing.

Definitely clarify your hair again. If your hair still had that white buildup in it, keep clarifying your hair until it is eventually washed out. Also, perhaps you should actually simply your routine. Maybe just use the catnip and skip the molasses and the Matrix altogether, or use a lighter conditioner.

I get that all the time - for me, it's just conditioner that I could not manage to rinse out of my hair. It seems to be about... I dunno, between ear and chin level or something, and as I brush my hair it gets distributed out. Never feels like it's still there, it just shows up in the brush.

Could it just be that (conditioner), and somehow got stuck between your layers of hair or whatever?

shellblue1
July 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Sounds like the Suave condish and the AVG didn't mix right.