PDA

View Full Version : Crooked bun on purpose (pic)

Paniscus
July 20th, 2010, 08:52 PM
So, my SO made me a few hairsticks out of some chopsticks for my birthday. Sweet!:heartbeat They are longer than my other sticks, so instead of doing the typical horizontal chinese bun and using it as a weapon, I just stuck the stick in at an angle and proceeded to wrap- albeit crooked- the bun. This pic is after a day being out, so it's frizzville, but you get the idea. Unfortunately, the ends I always leave out (notice the small hairfork off to the side) since they will not stay tucked and the bun falls apart if I don't secure it with the fork. But I liked wearing it this way! And in real life, the ends actually gave the bun a whole new look with it crooked like this!

Sorry if this has already been done and noted here, I have not seen it or could find it in search. Anyone else twist their chinese buns?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=517&pictureid=77442

spidermom
July 20th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Looks good and nope, never tried it.

Laurenji
July 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I kind of like it crooked. I've always thought that the Chinese Bun looks kind of what you would see if you were looking up at a toilet seat while someone was sitting on it... doing it slanty makes it looks less like a butt, IMO.

Also, your hairstick is gorgeous.

Ivy~Rose
July 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I kind of like it crooked. I've always thought that the Chinese Bun looks kind of what you would see if you were looking up at a toilet seat while someone was sitting on it..

LMAO! :scared:

I like the angle too! And hooray for new sticks, how sweet of your SO :)

Nae
July 21st, 2010, 06:38 AM
I kind of like it crooked. I've always thought that the Chinese Bun looks kind of what you would see if you were looking up at a toilet seat while someone was sitting on it... doing it slanty makes it looks less like a butt, IMO.

Rofl, great, now in my head it will be dubbed the "butt-crack bun" forever.:lala:

ETA: Your bun looks great!!! And that hairstick is to die for.............sorry I got distracted by the potty humor.

FrannyG
July 21st, 2010, 06:40 AM
No, I've never tried it, but it's lovely, Paniscus! :blossom:

GRU
July 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
Rofl, great, now in my head it will be dubbed the "butt-crack bun" forever.:lala:

Oh Nae, you never cease to crack me up! :lol:

And I think that different angles keep life more interesting.... so good on you, Paniscus, and how sweet to have a SO who knows you well enough to get/make you hairtoys! He's a keeper!!! :)

Paniscus
July 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys!

GREAT! The one updo that I can do easily looks like a b*tt. Somehow, that figures. :D

Slanty-b*tt-bun lives on!

heynormy
July 21st, 2010, 11:05 AM
That's super cute! I like crooked buns because it gives the look a more casual look anyways!

Carolyn
July 21st, 2010, 11:16 AM
Rofl, great, now in my head it will be dubbed the "butt-crack bun" forever.LMAO too. Ages ago some of us were calling it "the hoohah bun". I like it better this way with the little tail to the side.

Laurenji
July 21st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys!

GREAT! The one updo that I can do easily looks like a b*tt. Somehow, that figures. :D

Slanty-b*tt-bun lives on!

Don't worry. Doing it sideways and with the little tail like that makes it look much, much less like a butt than a regular one.

And I'm not sure anyone but another longhair would be staring at your bun long enough to decide that it looks like a butt, so I think you're safe wearing it out and about. I don't think most people can tell the difference between different kinds of buns except for us.

GRU
July 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
And I'm not sure anyone but another longhair would be staring at your bun long enough to decide that it looks like a butt, so I think you're safe wearing it out and about. I don't think most people can tell the difference between different kinds of buns except for us.

Heck, I've been here for the better part of a year and I still can't identify most of the different buns just from looking at them!

Categories for me are:

loose
half-up
ponytail
braid (English, French, Dutch, Herringbone, and "all the others")
bun

The braids I listed are the only ones I can identify.... everything besides those four go directly into the "all the others" sub-section of the braid category! :lol:

SheaLynne
July 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
I've always thought that the Chinese Bun looks kind of what you would see if you were looking up at a toilet seat while someone was sitting on it...

Awwwww..ruined it for me! ...running to find a different avatar pic that I like....haha!

And I like the slanted Chinese bun, too. I'll have to try it. Jealous of the custom-made hairstick! That's pretty!

Paniscus
July 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Awwwww..ruined it for me! ...running to find a different avatar pic that I like....haha!

And I like the slanted Chinese bun, too. I'll have to try it. Jealous of the custom-made hairstick! That's pretty!

Your avatar pic is pretty-- hoohah- bunned- people unite! Keep it!

thanks on the hairstick. It was quite simple for him to make, since he used pre-made wooden chopsticks. I myself have been toying with the idea of carving me some, but just haven't gotten around to it. I love looking at the craft section here at LHC and seeing all the wonderfully talented people. The sticks there are awesome!

Thanks Laurenji, I will not be ashamed to wear my standard bun. And GRU, you sound a lot like me. I've learned so much since being at LHC with regard to styles and so forth, but since I can't do half of them, I don't always keep names to memory.

I get my Gibson tucks confused with my chignons (sp):o

Laurenji
July 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I get my Gibson tucks confused with my chignons (sp):o

I probably would, too, except for the fact that I can do a Gibson Tuck but have never been able to to a chignon for the life of me.

SheaLynne
July 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Your avatar pic is pretty-- hoohah- bunned- people unite! Keep it!

Thank you! Yea, I did keep it...I still like the Chinese bun..and I'm wearing a slanted one today! I have a very long decorated Chinese chopstick, and it works great at that angle, so (like you said) it's not a weapon!