PDA

View Full Version : Look at this pretty looong hair and braided bun!

Gothic Lolita
May 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I watched cscheck's wonderful video about making a rope bun on youtube and got this amazing long hair video featured. One of our members, Eresh has put it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAwAtnvm24g&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAwAtnvm24g&feature=related)

Isn't that pretty hair?! So long and wavy. And she's braiding really fast!

Miss Murphy
May 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't know that back of the head, but I do know that it's Harpgal's pinless braided bun.

harpgal
May 16th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I don't know that back of the head, but I do know that it's Harpgal's pinless braided bun.
Hey, wait a minute! That's my bun! Well, it is a bit different in that after I insert my hair stick, I bring my braid up and over the stick and then begin to wrap. That was a pretty cool video, though. :)

Miss Murphy
May 16th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Hey, wait a minute! That's my bun! Well, it is a bit different in that after I insert my hair stick, I bring my braid up and over the stick and then begin to wrap. That was a pretty cool video, though. :)

Like I said! :D And I think you don't insert a second hairstick, as far as I remember.

BlndeInDisguise
May 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
She has gorgeous hair. The color reminds me a lot of mine. I think hers is quite a bit straighter than mine, though. And hers is a lot healthier, too! :o

MemSahib
May 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Beautiful hair she has! My fingers will braid pretty fast but my fine stuff tangles and I have to stroke down the hairs more often to keep it apart.

morgwn
May 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
That is gorgeously long hair. *sigh* One day, I hope. :)

Saoirse
May 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I believe it's Eresh :)

tiny_teesha
May 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
WOW! that was so mesmarising, she sure is a fast plaiter!
Can't wait till my hair is long enough! haha, i guess i'm going to have to wait i doubt there are extrensions that long!

shrimp
May 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Ok, this may sound dumb, but I think I just realised why whenever I have to braid in public I get the :bigeyes: That really was strangely mesmerising.

(and I'm going to have to try that bun - both versions :wink:)

tiny_teesha
May 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
THAT IS ERESH! It does resemble her!!!! WOW! Her hair in motion is even cooler! lol

Gothic Lolita
May 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Ok Eresh: I love your hair and especially the way it fly while you braid it!

hipmama1970
May 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Her hair is so shiny!

eresh
May 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM
:o Yes that's me in the video. My first try at making one.
(I hope you all clicked the screen adjustment button ;-) )

The second hairstick isn't needed, sometimes I add that one because I like the way it looks.
At work I always wear my hair up like this with 1 shorter hairstick that doesn't stick out much, so the cats & dogs can't grab it :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Pegasus Marsters
May 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Woah... Eresh, your hair is so gorgeous and your braiding skillz are mad. I wish I coulda braided that fast when my hair was long.

Orchidee
May 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
That looks beautiful, Eresh!
Very pretty bun and haircolor!

eadwine
May 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
On the fast braiding.. she told me she was doing it slow in that vid..

*shock and awe*

Ms Monnie
May 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ooh, sooo gorgeous!

Islandgrrl
May 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
That was very cool. Can't wait until I have long enough hair for that one!

MusingFrog
May 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hey! I saw that video! The first thing that popped into my head was whether that was Eresh. The hair was just too close not to be.

And the braiding speed is....mind boggling. :agape:

AprilElf
May 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wow - very nimble fingers! A joy to behold. :)
Nice work on the video eresh!
:flower:

mommy2one05
May 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM

The second hairstick isn't needed, sometimes I add that one because I like the way it looks.
At work I always wear my hair up like this with 1 shorter hairstick that doesn't stick out much, so the cats & dogs can't grab it :)

I really like this and think maybe I can pull this updo off.
Thanks for posting this.
By the way you have very nice healthy looking long hair.
I am currently at waist....maybe someday mine will be that long.

Nynaeve
May 16th, 2008, 11:25 PM

Your hair is lovely and so healthy looking. I marvel at how your hair doesn't get tangled at the end while you braid. : p
I clicked the button by the way, huge difference there. Stupid youtube with the new player, eh?
Awww, kitties grabbing for hairsticks. :D :kitten: :crush: :puppykisses:

velvetcat
May 16th, 2008, 11:30 PM
That was really inspirational. I'm going to try to wear that bun tomorrow!

Liliana
May 16th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I have tried and tried and tried to make the braided bun like this one. Finally! after watching the video I've got it! I wasn't pulling my braid tightly enough around the first circle. That's why mine always fell away from my head! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/smilies/cheese.gif
:cheese:

Iylivarae
May 17th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Wow, absolutely stunning hair!

I also understood how to make that bun, I'll try it for sure.

DecafJane
May 17th, 2008, 06:10 AM
That was the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time! Wow. Just. Wow.

Stagecoach
May 17th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Wow, your hair is beautiful Eresh! And like the others said, sooo healthly!

Patrycja
May 17th, 2008, 06:48 AM
eresh I will always be in complete and utter awe of your length and shine.Now-I'm totally spechless on you braiding skills.

LadyMoon11
May 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Very nice!
It also amazes me how quickly you can braid and keep it nice, even and tangle-free in the process. Your tresses are beautiful, and the braid tutorial was well done!

eresh
May 17th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Aaaw :flower:
Thanks all, and glad to have been of help too :)

Indigo Girl
May 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Wow, that was amazing! :thud:

You have such georgeous hair!

blue_nant
May 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Very cool! Thanks for doing it! I have to smooth the hairs down a lot more while braiding, every third foldover.

and heyyyyy, the shake-loose is pretty awesome. Mine hangs up more. Takes like five or six shakes, lol

zift
May 18th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Too bad I can't reach the site. The access to youtube have been banned for a while in our country. But I know eresh and I'm sure it was just a breathtaking video:D

MemSahib
May 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Well, we've always wondered if we could recognize each other from the backs of our heads — now we know. We CAN! Wonderful video, Eresh. Thank you.

morgwn
May 18th, 2008, 03:19 PM
The access to youtube have been banned for a while in our country.

I'm not sure why this is. I've not heard anything of objections to this site, particularly if you're viewing a very innocent video of someone demonstrating how to do an updo. :( You can google Tor and see if you can view it that way, perhaps?

n3m3sis42
May 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I recognized Eresh's hair even though I've only seen it a few times. Either I'm becoming a true longhair (in spirit if not in actual length), or her hair is just that awesome.

Well, either way, her hair is definitely that awesome. I have total hair envy right now.

Millielie
May 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Haha, you are looking much thinner now I clicked on the button :o :D

I love your hair. It looks so cool. It's like a waterfall :)

vidgrl007
May 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM
your hair is awsome, gosh maybe one day i can have hair half as pretty as yours .at least now i know how to make a bun.now if my darn hair will just grow lol.

eresh
May 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Haha yes strange how youtube resized it out of proportion.
Thanks again everyone.:o

jojo
May 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
oh my that is some beautiful hair, how do you braid so fast?

Poolsoflaughter
May 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Awesome skills, Eresh! That bun was cute, and looked very secure. :)

zift
May 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure why this is. I've not heard anything of objections to this site, particularly if you're viewing a very innocent video of someone demonstrating how to do an updo. :( You can google Tor and see if you can view it that way, perhaps?

No it's banned by the Turkish law court and cannot be viewed by any method. Not only this video youtube is banned altogether. I just had to imagine it now,I think I can live with it :P

Haldir
May 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Beautiful vid... I suddenly feel hairless :D

Aqualily30
May 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
:rolleyes: I can just dream of hair like that for now. Beautiful!