PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one

fisher2
July 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
who thinks that their hair is say 6 inches shorter then it is when im out and about but when i think about it i know how long it is il be walking around and suddenly go omg what do people think when they cant see half my back??? then il go back to thinking its like shoulder length

Medievalmaniac
July 20th, 2010, 06:45 PM
you are not alone. I have to keep looking at pictures of the back of my head to remind myself that my hair really IS hip length. It never feels long enough! But, if I don't angle the camera, it doesn't all fit in the mirror anymore - so it must be much longer than I think. Hence, the pictures of the back of my head. Vicious cycle! :)

fisher2
July 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
i feel like its short cuz my back is pretty dead nerved so i cant feel it swishing unless its wet

heynormy
July 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I am going through this right now too!! Even though my hair is BSL it just doesn't seem long to me! Maybe it's because all the cool updos that I want to do require WL hair!!

Kyla
July 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Last week I went into the locker room after teaching swim lessons, and let my hair down. I glanced in the mirror, and It was about 3 inches longer then I thought it was! I'm not usually this unaware of myself either. Your not alone.

chelseamichelle
July 20th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I know exactly what you mean! only i never really think it's long.. haha it feels like i have shoulder length hair but in reality it's almost waist. And i keep reminding myself that the measurements are not that of shoulder length hair..

Whenever i say it's not long people give me weird looks. I honestly don't see it!

cuddledumplin
July 20th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I always underestimate the length of my hair until I see it in photos. The weight of my hair just doesn't seem to bother me like it does some other people, and this is weird because it is VERY thick.

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
I know what you mean! I was saying to my mom the other day that I wish my hair would get long. She just looked at me oddly and said, "You hair IS long!". Maybe. I guess I thought it would feel different or be heavier or something. But I don't FEEL like I have long hair. Maybe hanging out on LHC so much has skewed my perspective. Now, I think knee or ankle is long, when I used to think waist was long. Hmmm. :) Maybe when I actually GET to waist, I'll think I have long hair.

paigeturner
July 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
My hair isn't long by LHC standards by any long shot, and it's not *that* long anyways, but I never think my llength is actually my length till I photos!

squiggyflop
July 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
i often feel like my hair is hip length.. then when it tickles my thigh when im sitting in class ill suddenly remember that its tailbone now..

cheriemonty
July 22nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
I feel like my hair is super short, especially coming here and seeing all the long hair.

McFearless
July 22nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Am I the only one who thinks their hair is longer than it is?:p

julliams
July 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
Mine is BSL but the layers make it feel shorter so I have more of an APL vision in my head which is about what my layers are.

JesusFreak88
July 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
I have like no weight to my hair because it is so thin. When I donated my hair I couldn't tell the difference in weight at all but I noticed the hair wasn't as long when I was washing it. I also always say that my hair isn't that long because I sometimes forget the length.

Loepsie
July 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I have the same problem, I think my hair is BSL all the time while it really is waist now =P My hair always bends over my back and then it looks and feels a lot shorter =( And I also have the whole layers issue. My layers are about BSL.
Aaah! Grow, hair, grow!

fisher2
July 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
i think its due to my stance where when i walk its about 4 inches higher on my back

HikerTrash
July 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
If I had to say how long my hair is based on how long it feels, I'd say bra strap. In reality I think it's a little longer.

Xandergrammy
July 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'm always surprised when I see my length in pictures. And I'm reminded of the real length whenever I (or one of our dogs) sit on it.