PDA

View Full Version : Where did THESE come from?!?!

Medievalmaniac
July 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
A little background: I used to perm my hair, a couple of times a year (I know! I know! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!) But it was the eighties/nineties, what can I say? ANYhow, the last time I permed my hair was....geez, like, 2006, maybe? And I have had at least one big cut since then. And usually, my hair is pretty straight, just a slight wave. BUT, this past Saturday, I went for a ten-mile jog, and it was about 80-82 degrees (Farenheit) out. When I got back, my hair was soaked, as you'd expect it to be after such a run - but, more peculiarly, it was also WURLY:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/2010/SANY3336.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/2010/SANY3337.jpg

AND, after I shook it and scrunched it with my hands a bit, it was CURLY:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/2010/SANY3342.jpg

Those are, in fact, the very curls I used to try to pay (a LOT) for.

Now, my hair has never done that of its own volition, and certainly not without a perm or a lot of product. It fell out, obviously, when it dried - but has anyone else experienced mysteriously appearing curls?!

They were really pretty. :o

Kyla
July 20th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Those are so pretty!!

My hair is already slightly wurly, but it curls quite a bit when I work out. I always love it

sugarmag
July 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
This always happens to my hair when I'm at the beach or anytime it's really humid outside. And if my hair gets wet from the rain, it comes out really curly/wavy when it dries. I love it when my hair changes like that! It's nice to have some variety, isn't it? :)

Medievalmaniac
July 20th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Sugarmag - I'm not going to lie to you, I spent a LOT of time looking in the mirror at my hair on Saturday after my run. I'm not one for gazing insipidly at myself in adoration...but I kind of adored those curlies while they lasted. :)

eyesofsummer
July 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
It must be the combination of the heat and the sweat from your run. It looks very pretty! You should try scrunching in a light-hold gel one day to see if you can coax any curls out, they're shaped really nicely on their own, they just need some hold :)

rags
July 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Those are some beautiful curls! My hair does that at the beach (and ONLY at the beach - I never can duplicate it). It's really nice while it lasts!

Chiara
July 20th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Like a PP said, I get waves if my hair gets wet in the rain. I've always been intrigued to know why then, and not at other times?!?

Your hair looks pretty in that shot- I can understand why you kept looking at it!

Catarina
July 21st, 2010, 12:51 AM
Very pretty, and an awesome color, too. Like you I was once perming in the 80's and early 90's.

I get those wurlies, too, when working out, but not as nice as yours. Hopefully when it gets longer I will.

Sammich
July 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
This always happens to my hair when I'm at the beach or anytime it's really humid outside. And if my hair gets wet from the rain, it comes out really curly/wavy when it dries. I love it when my hair changes like that! It's nice to have some variety, isn't it? :)

My hair doesn't really change at all in any circumstances except after a wash or when I get up from braid waves! :p

I've never understood why the rain impacted the hair so much and made it curly... my friend has naturally wavy hair and her hair was super curly after it rained, 'twas beautiful. :)
I'm jealous of you folk! :p
I'm in love with those wurlies and curlies you got, wow. ^_^ I've permed twice in my life too, to achieve gorgeous curls. (Never worked :p )

lastnite
July 21st, 2010, 03:26 AM
Like a PP said, I get waves if my hair gets wet in the rain. I've always been intrigued to know why then, and not at other times?!?

Your hair looks pretty in that shot- I can understand why you kept looking at it!

rain has always brought out my waves and curls too. even when my hair was very curly, the rain made it into nice spirals. I wish there was a product that could mimic rain water!

dropinthebucket
July 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
'nother 1c/2a here - wavy when it's humid, straight when it's dry - some day i'll try to get pics of both and post them at the same time - you won't believe it's the same hair! :)