PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a fringe/bangs again?

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Im going for a cut 31st July. Im trying so hard to grow it out and not get fed up and chop it all off, so im considering getting a fringe again! I do keep trying to grow it out but then i miss it, chop it and grow again!

Currently my fringe is this long-

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii286/LiveDieBleed87/IMG00367-20100703-1154-1.jpg

I like that look, i like clipping it to the side and back into a quiff, but its also hard to manage.

This is me with a fringe this time last year-

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii286/LiveDieBleed87/Picture0092.jpg

Sorry im a bit of a poser!!

I dont have any pictures without a fringe, its been a while!

I do like the fringe, but i also like it without! I just think maybe it will give me a bit of style while im growing the rest out, it just looks so bland atm! I dont want the ones that go straight across - i have a mad cowlick on either side near my temples! It makes having any kind of fringe difficult but i can usually hide it :D

julliams
July 20th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Both are nice. i think I like the side fringe the best. Not sure why but it's the picture I keep coming back to.

Hotrox
July 20th, 2010, 04:26 AM
I like you with a fringe and a side fringe - it really makes your eyes POP so defo keep a fringe:D

Maybe go with a side fringe, its more versatile and easier to grow out ultimately, but I actually prefer the full fringe.

Feng-Shui
July 20th, 2010, 04:36 AM
You have a very beautiful face.:thumbsup:

I like the first picture at most with the side fringe.:)

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 04:48 AM
What about in between the two? So a bit shorter than the first, but longer than the second, more of a sweeping side fringe?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/xvballbabe874x/hairstyles/scenehair136.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/jchemerika/hayden-panettiere-fashion.jpg

???

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Or

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/celeb-profiles-actress/jessica-simpson/pictures/jessica-simpson-picture-6.jpg

? I like :D

Feng-Shui
July 20th, 2010, 04:59 AM
What about in between the two? So a bit shorter than the first, but longer than the second, more of a sweeping side fringe?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/xvballbabe874x/hairstyles/scenehair136.jpg

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/jchemerika/hayden-panettiere-fashion.jpg

???

The Haircolor on first picture and bangs of the 2. picture is my favorite.:thumbsup:

Lassie
July 20th, 2010, 05:01 AM
both are cute!!
BUT i think the longer side fringe suits you best

(i had to chuckle at your post - i am the same as you, i cut my fringe, then grow it out completely, then cut it, then grow it out and over and over again)

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 05:09 AM
The Haircolor on first picture and bangs of the 2. picture is my favorite.:thumbsup:

I like 2 aswell, and my hair i guess is fading to that sort of colour (i dyed it semi dark brown but it went black - now im trying not to dye so much!)

both are cute!!
BUT i think the longer side fringe suits you best

(i had to chuckle at your post - i am the same as you, i cut my fringe, then grow it out completely, then cut it, then grow it out and over and over again)

Im glad lol i can still clip it then!! I think mine maybe just lacks any kind of shape :/

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 05:10 AM
You have a very beautiful face.:thumbsup:

Thank you! I missed this at first! It was a good day lol and my hair went right for once! I cant wait to see what it looks like long, its been years!

FrannyG
July 20th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I like the in-between sideswept bangs that you showed in your follow-up post. That looks lovely. You are very fortunate in that you suit anything, really.

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I like the in-between sideswept bangs that you showed in your follow-up post. That looks lovely. You are very fortunate in that you suit anything, really.

Oh i wouldnt say that!! I couldnt get away with a pixie cut! And middle partings are a no no. Also i have a receeding-looking hairline so cant pull my hair back LOL! We all have our hang ups.....

paigeturner
July 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I like the shorter fringe! You're lucky to be able to pull off either though!

spitfire511
July 20th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I actually really like the fringe the way that it is now :) But I agree with the others that you seem to be just gorgeous with whatever style you choose!

Curlsgirl
July 20th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I vote for in between the two also!!! You are a beautiful girl!

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I think i will go with between the two!! I love both the styles so much (well the fringes i hate the hair).

Thanks for all the nice compliments! I dont take them well....i always say something like 'well that was on a good day' etc but i really appreciate it!!

I hope the new fringe will distract me long enough from cutting the rest! The awkward phase is lasting so long! The aloe is helping with the frizz so soon i hope to be able to give up heat!

I just dont seem to be able to work with my odd waves! (the above piccys were straightened)...

LILBERT
July 20th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I know this isnt what the thread is about and its a long hair forum, but i just wanted to say, you totally rock those haircuts! seriously, ive never been able to pull them off or look good like that. My hair has to be longer than APL/BSL before it looks decent or suits my face. But you look really good! Im sure youll look good with long hair too, but i just thought id mention it. lol. :rolleyes:

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I know this isnt what the thread is about and its a long hair forum, but i just wanted to say, you totally rock those haircuts! seriously, ive never been able to pull them off or look good like that. My hair has to be longer than APL/BSL before it looks decent or suits my face. But you look really good! Im sure youll look good with long hair too, but i just thought id mention it. lol. :rolleyes:

Thanks!! I did love the haircut and i think i pulled it off too :D

Its been a few years since it was long though and i fancy a change. I had my head shaved (half of it) so have been sentanced to short hair until now, and the condition is better so i would like to see how it looks long now! I do miss having a style to it though!

Plus i HAD to striaghten everyday and get up early to syle which i got fed up of doing!

Jasperine
July 20th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Fringe :D Your eyes have a l0vely colour and a fringe makes 'em pop!

UP Lisa
July 20th, 2010, 09:34 AM
You look good both ways.

UltraBella
July 20th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I think you can't go wrong no matter what you decide, you are lovely !!! I think you look amazing with fringe. Have you checked out recent pics of Jennifer Love Hewitt ? She has the most amazing bangs, and I think you would look wonderful with similar ones. But either way, it will be great :)

kristymarie87
July 20th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I think you can't go wrong no matter what you decide, you are lovely !!! I think you look amazing with fringe. Have you checked out recent pics of Jennifer Love Hewitt ? She has the most amazing bangs, and I think you would look wonderful with similar ones. But either way, it will be great :)

Thanks, I'll look her up!!

HintOfMint
July 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
In the original post, I liked the shorter fringe the best (the second picture). It really brought out your eyes and when you have longer hair, that would be such a fantastic look.

GlennaGirl
July 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I like the shorter-bangs picture of you. I think it's a cute-slash-exotic look, EXACTLY what I've wished for a thousand times with babydoll bangs but could never achieve. :p They bring out your eyes. They're flirty and cute and they're unique.

If I were you, that's what I'd go for!

Capybara
July 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM

She DOES have amazing bangs!

Ahem. Back on topic ... :p

I think you're making the right choice :)

Sammich
July 20th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'm adore the second picture you showed of you in the original post! I don't know, but it looks so funky cool! :D
I agree with GlennaGirl! :D They look so exotic, that's the word I was trying to put through, cough. :p

ptnicole
July 20th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Sweeping side fringe for certain...looks cool on you with the color you have...edgy. It is also a good idea to help you get over the hump your at....not too drastic, but will give you something to play up!

spidermom
July 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I like your hair cut from the red-striped shirt picture; very cute on you, including the fringe.

evampr18
July 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
i like #2...makes your face shape look real nice

Chamomile betty
July 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM
You have lovely hair. If you like it with and without have you thought of long fringe and just pin them back when you don't want them. Just a suggestion. I am sure you'll look nice either way.

JenniferNoel
July 21st, 2010, 09:38 PM
Second one makes you look younger for some reason, but you look gorgeous either way. I actually think you should shoot for an in-between fringe, so you can still clip it, and retain the "short" fringe effect. And if you don't like it, it's not going to be too much to grow out.