PDA

View Full Version : Um, we should add this to the Monistat collective knowledge

triumphator!
July 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hi beautiful people,
I just applied Monistat to my head. Water diluted, 2%, squirted out of a ketchup squirty picnic thing you can buy at Wal-Mart. All went well until about 3 minutes ago, when I started feeling stoned. Like, "stoned" stoned. Grateful Dead-Dazed and Confused-on another planet-stoned.

Now, full disclosure: I drank a beer before application while I had dinner, and I also was drinking a beer while applying. But a beer and a half? No way.

I wonder how long this will last.

I will keep you updateddddddddddd :rolling:

edit: this is my first application. it feels like.... a crazy headache, but not with pain, with... schwoogly.

JenniferNoel
July 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM
*luuuurk*
A beer and a half, eh? You sure you aren't just low on sleep or anything in that range?
Very strange. Keep us posted.

triumphator!
July 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
*luuuurk*
A beer and a half, eh? You sure you aren't just low on sleep or anything in that range?
Very strange. Keep us posted.

Nope, nope. It's my frist application though.

McFearless
July 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM
:pIs this good news?

pepperminttea
July 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Well that's another reason for me to try monistat. :p

jivete
July 19th, 2010, 07:41 PM
When I first used it, I felt woozy as well. Unfortunately, it wears off with repeat applications.:D

SeaShell
July 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I read about side effects of putting it on your scalp in the original Monistat head....Haven't had any myself but I think, especially with the 4% people can get headaches, dizzy, ringing ears etc if they are sensitive to it...maybe thats what you were experiencing? Although as a "1 beer and I'm on the floor" kind of girl I have to add it may just have been the beer! :)

littlenvy
July 19th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Hi beautiful people,
I just applied Monistat to my head. Water diluted, 2%, squirted out of a ketchup squirty picnic thing you can buy at Wal-Mart. All went well until about 3 minutes ago, when I started feeling stoned. Like, "stoned" stoned. Grateful Dead-Dazed and Confused-on another planet-stoned.

Now, full disclosure: I drank a beer before application while I had dinner, and I also was drinking a beer while applying. But a beer and a half? No way.

edit: this is my first application. it feels like.... a crazy headache, but not with pain, with... schwoogly.
hmmm ... I should try that at my next party, will go through much less beer. :eyebrows:

ok ... now. I don't mean to ask for TMI but have you ever used it before for the purpose it was orignally intented? Or is this your first time use EVER?
Some people have a reaction to miconazole nitrate or even a mild allergy.

boomtownrat
July 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
it feels like.... a crazy headache, but not with pain, with... schwoogly.

This part makes me wonder if it's a migraine, or a warning sign of one. I know some people feel that way and may not even get the actual pain part of the migraine attack. Don't some people get migraine-like headaches from Monistat? (This side effect is why I haven't tried it, because I already get migraine attacks three or more times a month.)

triumphator!
July 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hi again, it's the morning and I feel fine. Not really sure what went on last night, but I definitely felt on another planet. I went to bed like that and woke up fine.

ok ... now. I don't mean to ask for TMI but have you ever used it before for the purpose it was orignally intented? Or is this your first time use EVER?
Some people have a reaction to miconazole nitrate or even a mild allergy.

Nope, never had a yeast infection before.

This part makes me wonder if it's a migraine, or a warning sign of one. I know some people feel that way and may not even get the actual pain part of the migraine attack. Don't some people get migraine-like headaches from Monistat? (This side effect is why I haven't tried it, because I already get migraine attacks three or more times a month.)

Never did develop any kind of headache, just got loopy.

paigeturner
July 20th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I would get drunk from a beer and a half! Hah!
But I would say, apply one more time without having had drunk any alcohol and see what happens.
Sometimes, these things aren't for you. I know that I can only take a teeny amount of Biotin (300mg daily) because I break out terribly from it.

Wavelength
July 20th, 2010, 10:01 AM

As someone who does get migraines, this can happen as well. It's called a "silent migraine". No pain, but you feel completely zoned out and loopy, and sometimes there's visual disturbances, dizziness and nausea.

GRU
July 20th, 2010, 10:42 AM

How could you tell? :D

<runs and hides> :couch:

triumphator!
July 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I would get drunk from a beer and a half! Hah!
But I would say, apply one more time without having had drunk any alcohol and see what happens.
Sometimes, these things aren't for you. I know that I can only take a teeny amount of Biotin (300mg daily) because I break out terribly from it.

Alas, I have to drink 5-6 beers to be drunk. I'm in college, after all.

littlenvy
September 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Hi beautiful people,

So guess whaaaat?!?!?!

I applied my Monistat as I have been doing for the past almost 3 weeks but this time sat down afterwards to relax with a beer.
Few minutes later my head is spinning and I'm feeling drunk/sick. (I can hardly type and it took me forever to find this thread lol)
So while I feel like I had WAY too many, my head still kind of works and I've been thinking about this.
Since Monistat is especially created to fight off yeast infections and beer is rather high in yeast ... could this be a total no-no? Could this reaction be based on this?

Crapcakes, I'm still feeling sick. No headache, just neauseous. :(