PDA

View Full Version : New Vogue - awesome gray hair in editorial!!

Medievalmaniac
July 19th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I picked up the new American Vogue (the one with Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover) at the YMCA for Stairmaster fare, and flipping through it, I found the most gorgeous long gray hair in the pictorial spread of fall fashions! Apparently, the Fall season is "all about maturity" - so they featured a stunning "older" woman with waist + length, straight gray hair. Worth paging through - it was a delightful serendipity to see that! :D

embee
July 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Put that on my list for next time I go to the store. This I want to see. Vogue doing something positive for long hair. Amazing.

Do their models have any "body" to them at all yet? They used to be such "skellingtons"... :D

MissManda
July 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
But I thought that shorter hair was supposed to be more "mature" on older women. :eyebrows: *Sarcasm*

That sounds like a delightful discovery! She must have had lovely hair and it makes me happy that they decided to show an older model with long hair. :D Flowing, silver/gray hair is so stunning, IMO.

naereid
July 21st, 2010, 03:39 AM
Is this it?

http://i29.tinypic.com/5wb29z.jpg http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/07/kristen_mcmenamy_lets_her_long.html

http://i30.tinypic.com/2mdqs8o.jpg Looks like grey hair is becoming a new "fashionable" thing. (http://jezebel.com/5589181//gallery/gallery/1)

Medievalmaniac
July 21st, 2010, 03:40 AM
Yes, that's it! Lovely, no?:)

julliams
July 21st, 2010, 04:16 AM
Yes but I wouldn't call that woman "old". There was an ad campaign here for a beauty company here in Australia and they had this stunning 60ish year old woman with very long grey hair that took my breath away. I'll see if I can find it....

mellie
July 21st, 2010, 04:17 AM
Very awesome!! Love the pics!

linda g
July 21st, 2010, 06:25 AM
wow! love that hair!

Medievalmaniac
July 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Yes but I wouldn't call that woman "old". There was an ad campaign here for a beauty company here in Australia and they had this stunning 60ish year old woman with very long grey hair that took my breath away. I'll see if I can find it....

That's why I put "older" in quote marks - she's clearly not "that" old - maybe mid fifties or so. I'd love to see the shots you are talking of!!

Copasetic
July 21st, 2010, 07:19 AM
The model is only 45! I would have actually guessed younger. I figured that her hair was dyed or she was wearing a wig or something. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Vogue used a model who was actually 45 with long grey hair.

TrudieCat
July 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Well, even if the model is not old by real world standards, she is definitely much older than the models typically used on magazines like Vogue. So I think it's really cool that they featured here. And her hair is gorgeous! Thanks for posting!

Sammich
July 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
That's very beautiful, I think of longer hair as being much younger and childlike on older women, it's so beautiful!
I get little excited tingles to get white/grey hair, LOL, am I weird? :p

angelthadiva
July 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
We are taking over! First Vogue, now onto total world domination!!

Medievalmaniac
July 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
We are taking over! First Vogue, now onto total world domination!!

:applause: :cheese: :applause: :cheese: :applause:

Hear, hear!

:applause: :cheese: :applause: :cheese: :applause:

embee
July 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for posting the pictures! She's "old" by the "must chop by 40" rule, and her hair is grey. Good for her, to break that barrier so successfully! :) I'm impressed.

She seems awfully thin to me, though. The only people I personally know, that age, in my area, who are that thin - have been (or are) ill. Then again, photography can be a wonderful thinning device in the hands of experts. :D

Deb!
July 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
The model is only 45! I would have actually guessed younger. I figured that her hair was dyed or she was wearing a wig or something. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Vogue used a model who was actually 45 with long grey hair.

The article states she's 43.

I think she's gorgeous and will be buying that issue of Vogue because of her!

Edit; the linked New York Fashion article states 43 but Wiki states 45, another article 46.

I googled her, what a chameleon she was/is!

Paniscus
July 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
all I can say is, WOOT! :disco::applause:happydance:

littlenvy
July 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
:D Her hair is beautiful :D

Alaia
July 21st, 2010, 03:52 PM
She's amazing! I just love her!

Gorgeous, utterly gorgeous, and what a surprise to find in Vogue!

I may have to buy it and pin that photo to my wall. I hope my hair looks that amazing when it's grey.

Twil
July 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
I love vogue <3 Especially for the article about the garden designers---My future job!

Hiriel
July 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM
She seems awfully thin to me, though.
Aren't most models, though?
But her hair is pretty :)