PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker cut her hair

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I'm bummed out! A co-worker of 6.5 years bobbed her below BSL hair to above her chin.

I knew she would do it since she did it before but it shocked me to see her this morning.

When I started working here she had about shoulder or AP length hair. Didn't think anything of it until she started growing out her dyed hair and cutting off the dye so as to have virgin brown hair to donate.

It grew to below BSL and she chopped it for LoL. This was a few years ago. Posting from phone. See part 2.

Dani
July 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Well, I hope she likes it. I bet it takes her like 5 seconds to shower now. :D I remember cutting my classic-length hair to collarbone length when I was 12 or so, and I wanted my shower timed, to see how fast it would be, heh. I thought I could do it in 20 seconds, and was disappointed with my actual 2 minutes. :p

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 09:30 AM
So anyway, it grew back to below BSL over the past two years and she must have had enough of it because it was chopped today.

It is her hair, and if she doesn't want it long than I guess I can see the growing and cutting for donation process, though I don't agree with the organization. Oh well, too late now!

She told me after the first time she cut it that she hates it. I would kind of call her tom-boyish. Not that tom-boys can't have long hair, just saying she never really did anything with it.

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Part 3? This phone doesn't like long messages. Anyway, she always wore it in a loose ponytail and that was it. Some people aren't meant to have long hair.

So I guess I won't take long hair for granted. Years to grow, seconds to cut.

Thanks to all you who are growing!

Copasetic
July 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Good for her. Plenty of people prefer short hair!

Mexibeach
July 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Yes, do not take long hair for granted ..... sooooo longggg to grow it back out when you make the decision to cut it. You can do sooooo much with long hair and sometimes you don't realize that until you've cut it... then it's too late and we have to grow back out. LOL

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, how boring would it be if everyone had long hair? Then all of you "long-hairs" wouldn't be unique!

So like Copasetic said, good for her! She doesn't deserve long hair :p

dearladydisdain
July 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Eh, I wouldn't concern yourself with other people's hair or appearance. :shrug:

Dani
July 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hey hey hey, I'm the biggest tomboy ever and I know everything about hair, and how to do all kinds of styles with it. So I guess the lesson here today is quite simple: There are different types of tomboys and their hair. :p

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Eh, I wouldn't concern yourself with other people's hair or appearance. :shrug:

Not concerned. Just a little shocked after getting used to seeing her grow it so long (compared to other co-workers) then coming in with it all short.

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hey hey hey, I'm the biggest tomboy ever and I know everything about hair, and how to do all kinds of styles with it. So I guess the lesson here today is quite simple: There are different types of tomboys and their hair. :p

I apologize, Dani. She is a tomboy but you're right, it really doesn't have anything to do with her hair and how she keeps it. Sorry about that.

becker
July 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I work with someone who grows her hair specifically so she can donate to LoL. Another coworker shaved her head with St Baldrick's in support of child cancer research.

DakarNick
July 19th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I work with someone who grows her hair specifically so she can donate to LoL.

Sounds just like her!

New Choppy Cut
July 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Interesting thread, as I was thinking of having my hair cut shorter and then someone I know with similar hair to mine appeared with it chopped off. It was enough of a shock to make me think about what I was doing, and I've decided to keep it long now.

bumblebums
July 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
You can console yourself with the thought that she is not here to decorate your world, or anyone else's :)

Oskimosa
July 20th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I also have a co-worker that does that; grows it to donate to LoL. I did it once, too, before coming here and finding out the truth about them. I told her a little bit about that, but she still wants to do it because it makes her feel good. Maybe recommend a different organization?

Dani
July 21st, 2010, 05:51 AM
I apologize, Dani. She is a tomboy but you're right, it really doesn't have anything to do with her hair and how she keeps it. Sorry about that.

Heh, nothing to apologize for. :) I was just being my gooberific, sarcastic self. I can never be anything but. :p :D

Mexibeach
July 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
I also have a co-worker that does that; grows it to donate to LoL. I did it once, too, before coming here and finding out the truth about them. I told her a little bit about that, but she still wants to do it because it makes her feel good. Maybe recommend a different organization?

I didn't know the truth about them either - until I came here. Grrrrrr:mad:

embee
July 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM
It's a disappointment when someone whose hair you've admired suddenly chops it all off. What a shock! And to do it for something you don't much approve of makes it even sadder.

One of my singing friends did this not long ago and I was *so* astonished that I couldn't find the words to say "oh how nice"... I was just ... I think the word is "gobsmacked"?

squiggyflop
July 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
well some people love short hair..
hmm years to grow to bsl? more like months.. but maybe its just me.. i went from shoulder to bsl in like 2 months.. and from shoulder to waist in 6 months... hmmm perhaps im just a freak like that..

anyway.. short hair is easier for some people.. it certainly was for me.. but my hair when short is truly wash and go with no conditioner or products.. again i have weird hair..

i do realize that after being on lhc that when those around you cut it can be shocking