PDA

View Full Version : Where did my split ends go?

Meagan
July 18th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I had crazy split ends, and little white dots everywhere, my hair was in bad conditon. I henna'ed my hair about a week ago, and I swear my split ends and white dots are gone! I know only cutting will remove damage, so whats the deal?

Oh and im not complaining:cheese::D

HintOfMint
July 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Sometimes, depending on your hair color, you can only see damage in certain lights. Since your color changed, the usual light in which you could see the splits/white dots doesn't show them anymore.

Just a thought.

Dars
July 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Also, white dots have the tendency to just break/snap off...which isn't a good thing as those strands with white dots don't have a clean, cut end like when you cut them with sharp scissors - so they're very prone to splitting again.

missfortune9335
July 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I have my hair chemically colored, and I notice too right after coloring I can't see the splits or white dots. My theory on this is that the damaged part of the hair sort of loses its color (hence the white dot etc.) and the dye (or henna) temproarily deposits color onto the damage so you don't really see it like you usually would. For me after about a week or two I can see the splits again and I get out my trusty hair trimming scissors

little_cherry
July 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Henna fills in the holes/etc, that are caused by damage....it doesn't repair damage, so to speak. :)

Pierre
July 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Henna doesn't repair damage, but it does prevent new damage. The splits are probably still there, and you'll see them in different light, but the white dots won't turn into new splits nearly as fast.

spidermom
July 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
They're over here on my hair. I wondered where they all came from.

Meagan
July 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
They're over here on my hair. I wondered where they all came from.

lol. that actually made giggle a lil.

Rivanariko
July 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I think mine run from scissors. I'll see a whole bunch of them and go to get my scissors to S&D, but by the time I get my scissors and go back to the light where I first saw them, they've disappeared!

spidermom
July 18th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I think mine run from scissors. I'll see a whole bunch of them and go to get my scissors to S&D, but by the time I get my scissors and go back to the light where I first saw them, they've disappeared!

This made me chuckle.

chipzahoy
July 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM

But then there's that thing where you have to hold that single strand of hair with a split, look ridiculous, and search the house for scissors.

I do that and still lose the split sometimes :confused:

HintOfMint
July 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM
But then there's that thing where you have to hold that single strand of hair with a split, look ridiculous, and search the house for scissors.

I do that and still lose the split sometimes :confused:

This is me. I look insane.

christine1989
July 18th, 2010, 11:22 PM
My best guess is that you colored right over the white dots. The damage is still there but at least its invisible :).

Flossy
July 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I wish I had that problem. The more I look the more I find. I'm getting a bit obesessed!

My problem is I can't cut them when my boys (2 and 4) are around, or I think there would be some impromptu haircuts all around!