PDA

View Full Version : Back again, need help

themostsilly
July 18th, 2010, 10:40 AM
So after acheiving beautiful healthy wasit length hair for my wedding over a year ago, I decided to cut it off. So now I've had shoulder length and above hair for over the past year. And I want my long glourious locks back. It's really short right now, its and inverted bob that is about chin length in the back and just alittle above my shoulders in the front with plenty of layers. And it does't seem to be growing much at all. My biggest problem is that I have to heat style is everyday or it just looks like a mess, especially my bangs. I know last time when I cut out the heat styling it really made a difference. I need some advice on ways to style my hair without heat that will give me a hair happy alternative while I'm growing it out. Something that adds volume would be key, since I have very fine hair.

McFearless
July 18th, 2010, 09:09 PM
When I started growing my hair I would only flat iron my bangs and tie the rest up in a bun. That helped prevent a lot of damage until I gave up heat styling altogether

Capybara
July 18th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Would it help to comb your hair while it is drying, so it dries straighter without heat?

I've seen a lot of naturally curly bobs around, and think they're pretty cute :) Encouraging some wave in your hair is always an option.

chipzahoy
July 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
For me, at that stage I had to use product at the roots and then blast with the dryer for small amounts of time. The back was "ok" without heat or styling as it was so short, but the sides needed this. With the bangs I'd pull them back with a headband and then push it forward for some poof, or twist them and pin them back on top.

I wish there was more to do about it, as I can definitely relate having grown out the same haircut just this year. I'm at SL now and it's still awkward in places.

spidermom
July 18th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hot rollers maybe?

countryhopper
July 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
How about sleeping in rollers? hair-friendly ones, of course. Before coming to LHC I used to sleep in Velcro rollers every night!! You can also try sock or rag curls. They've really helped to add volume to my hair!

dropinthebucket
July 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Amla will give you lots of volume and curl! I love it. (Indian gooseberry - your local Indian grocer might have some - you want the powder not the oil). For straightening instead of curl, my F/i hair taks aloe vera gel very nicely - doesn't give me volume, though. I find i either get volume and curl, or straight and flat - there's no in between! ;)

Deborah
July 19th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Some have found the Caruso rollers helpful in this case. They use a little steam, and I believe they are pretty harmless, not at all like regular heat rollers. Others may have more info on these for you.

Good luck!

Toadstool
January 10th, 2011, 02:08 AM

Red Leo
January 10th, 2011, 02:11 AM
You can do a sock bun on top of your head sounds funny but works .Look on youtube