PDA

View Full Version : Finally found an updo!

Tabihito
July 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I'm braid-challenged, so my hair's going to have to gain a few more inches before I can even start to consider doing any real braiding to it, so I've been on the hunt for something I can do to my hair that isn't a plain 'ol ponytail or (very small) cinnabun.

So today, I tried to do one of those ponytails where you sort of... flip the hair over the ponytail holder again so it looks all twisty on the top. Yeah, it's a horrible description of what I was trying to do, but I really don't know what to call it. A pulled-through ponytail?

However, being hairstyle-challenged as I am, I couldn't manage to get the hair all the way through, and ended up accidentally doing a gibson tuck! I'd seen the style before, but didn't realize it worked for hair as short as mine, so I was quite happy when it worked out like that, accidental as it was.

I'm very, very happy right now. I helped my grandmother clean her house for six or seven hours, and it stayed the whole time. Kept my hair off the back of my neck, unlike a ponytail as well.

It's about time I managed to find something that works!

jasper
July 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM
That's great and a cute story!

Jenn of Pence
July 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Awesome! (I finally managed bun-age this week myself, so I can understand your excitement!) I think Gibson tucks are so neat looking!

Loreley
July 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM
That's great! :D

christine1989
July 18th, 2010, 01:39 AM
That's fantastic! :) My hair is beyond APL and I still haven't managed it.

Prettyeyes23
July 18th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Nice work! I still havent tried a Gibson Tuck, even though I think they look amazing.

linda g
July 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM
nice! My Gibson tucks never turn out right, so I salute you!

GRU
July 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Awesome! (I finally managed bun-age this week myself, so I can understand your excitement!) I think Gibson tucks are so neat looking!

.... bunage.... :lol: only on LHC... :D

Anniekins
July 30th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Congrats to you! I am still trying to do a Gibson tuck and I will keep trying until I do it at least once.

Anne

Tressie
July 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Well congratulations!!! Sounds lovely! I haven't ever accomplished that updo! (o:

Gumball
July 30th, 2010, 10:03 PM
You definitely did a great job. Finding an updo that works for you is a really awesome thing to have happen. You're forewarned though! Now you might start trying more, and then get more length, and try more, and more, and more. Enjoy going down the rabbit hole! :D

Monsterkitti
July 31st, 2010, 01:08 AM
Congrats its so nice when you master a new style that really works for you :) Plus the gibson tuck is a pretty style