PDA

View Full Version : 2 in 1 shampoos?

squiggyflop
May 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
ok so my hair hasnt been very easy to get along with lately.. its been flaky and frizzy and dry and tangly..

and while i was in the shampoo isle.. (me and my friend like to stop and smell the stuff in that isle every time we go in a store) i saw some 2 in 1 shampoo.. i thought what if i washed my hair with a 2 in 1 shampoo and then used conditioner afterward.. would it be more conditioned and soft and maybe even less tangly? i couldnt afford it because it was $1.60 for a bottle.. (yes im that broke) when i was little my dad would always buy pert plus 2 in 1 shampoo (it was cheapest back then.. now i cant even find it in stores) and my hair seemed to like it back then...

could i wash my hair with a 2in1 then condition afterwards for better results?

Nynaeve
May 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hmmm, I used to do that with pantene when I was little.
(I'm sure you know how I feel about pantene. bleh)
But anyway what brand would you plan on using?
It doesn't seem that it would help all that much to use a 2 in 1 then a condish because the shampoo is still there stripping away, have you tried CO?

squiggyflop
May 16th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Hmmm, I used to do that with pantene when I was little.
(I'm sure you know how I feel about pantene. bleh)
But anyway what brand would you plan on using?
It doesn't seem that it would help all that much to use a 2 in 1 then a condish because the shampoo is still there stripping away, have you tried CO?
um i was thinking of useing some of that suave kids 2in1 shampoo.. it comes in so many good smells...

i tried CO with disastrous results.. it was awful.. my hair was shedding like crazy and it looked like i hadnt showered in a month.. my hair felt like a wig..

would using a 2in1 be worse or better than regular shampoo

Mai
May 16th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I have been using a 2in1 from Avon and then finishing with my fave condish, Pert. Very interesting since my hair hated Pert when I was young, but it loves the condish these days...... instant detangle when applied.

I do still get some stripping from the wash, but not nearly as bad as from straight poo. So far its working just great for me.

Mai

Tap Dancer
May 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I've never found a 2-in-1 that I liked very much. I think separate shampoos and conditioners work better.

It's too bad you don't like CO. I've gotten tons of those huge V05 conditioner from dollar stores. It's a great way to save money in the long run.

squiggyflop
May 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM
ok so my dad bought some 2in1 shampoo and im going to give it a try.. whatas the worst that could happen.lol

Nynaeve
May 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM
um i was thinking of useing some of that suave kids 2in1 shampoo.. it comes in so many good smells...

i tried CO with disastrous results.. it was awful.. my hair was shedding like crazy and it looked like i hadnt showered in a month.. my hair felt like a wig..

would using a 2in1 be worse or better than regular shampoo

I would think it would be less harsh for your hair, but it has been so long since I used them, I couldn't compare for you.
Maybe your hair wasn't ready for CO. Did you clarify before hand?
Have you tried poo bars?

squiggyflop
May 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I would think it would be less harsh for your hair, but it has been so long since I used them, I couldn't compare for you.
Maybe your hair wasn't ready for CO. Did you clarify before hand?
Have you tried poo bars?
i clarified 3 times before starting both CO and shampoo bars.. i had awful results with both.. plus they werwe both more expensive than shampoo/condition.. i cant afford to go through a whole bottle of conditioner a week and still have to buy detangler spray from the massive knots i got with both CO and poo bars.. poo bars were more damaging to the hair than any other product ive ever used.. massive breakage and hair falling out in large enough ammounts to clog the drain every time i washed my hair.. i dont think ill try CO again because it didnt get my hair clean enough and my sebum production went through the roof making me look like i hadnt bathed in a month..

amaiaisabella
May 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Herbal Essences has a nice 2-n-1 called Hello Hydration and it also smells quite nice :)

vidgrl007
May 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
my hair doesnt do well with any 2 in ones but ive heard good things about pert.

Nevermore
May 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I used to use 2 in 1 shampoos of all sorts, as a kid, and they all worked pretty well. I'm not sure about conditioning afterwards, but I don't think it would hurt. Worst comes to worst, well, that's what updos are for.

kwaniesiam
May 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm not a fan of those, but give it a try and see how you like it. You could also maybe mix some conditioner into your normal shampoo and dilute it in some water to see how that works before buying the 2 in 1.

akiss4lexie
May 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I don't normally use 2 in 1 stuff, just because I'm happy with the products I'm currently using. However, my scalp sometimes goes through phases where it produces a lot of dandruff, so for those times, I keep a bottle of generic Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 on hand. The bottle was pretty cheap (around $3) and was CVS brand. It's nice because it really works well for stripping away the dandruff, but always leaves my hair feeling soft. I haven't needed to use it for a few months, but I'm pleased with it.