PDA

View Full Version : Hair Appointment Results (big pics)

UltraBella
July 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you to everyone who gave their comments and suggestions and have been waiting for an update. I am sorry, I tried to post this earlier and couldn't, I think the site was too busy.
Anyway....... Here's my results !

I now have hair that is tri-colored :) I couldn't decide ! I am a combination of coppery red, natural blonde, and blonde highlights. In some lighting it looks more copper, sometimes more blonde.

I went for a face framing light fringe instead of bangs and they can easily be disguised as no bangs at all.

I had 1.5 inches trimmed off and my layers refreshed.

I like it ! :cheese: Feel free to let me know what you honestly think........

My hair now :
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0386.jpg

My roots all blend now ! It's bright out so I my eyes are half closed, lol.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0387.jpg

From the back. It was windy outside and I took it down without brushing, so it's slightly messy.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0389.jpg

Close up of my color combo.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_03871.jpg

C_Bookworm
July 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Wow, those colors are gorgeous. The layers are really becoming too! Your hair looks great.

countryhopper
July 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
:cheese: It looks gorgeous! I think you made the right decision about the fringe/color choice! It looks so natural!! :thudpile:

little_acorn
July 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM
:thud: :thudpile:

Looks great :thumbsup:

EdG
July 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Wow! That's not just hair; that's a mane! :thudpile:
It looks fantastic. :cheese:
Ed

yellowchariot
July 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with the above comments! That is such an excellent color combination! It brings out a lot of your features! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

tanya222
July 16th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

Laurenji
July 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I think I personally would have stuck with just one color or the other. The combination doesn't really look natural to me. Both of them compliment your complexion though, so I think it's a good compromise for you since I know you couldn't decide.

I think the layers look really nice.

jlw9222
July 17th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Wow! I love it. It looks like you made the right choice. :) If I would have trimmed off 1.5 inches, I would have cried and maybe curled up in the fetal position somewhere. ;)

WyrdWay
July 17th, 2010, 12:07 AM
gorgeous! I love all of the colors and the layers and the wavy ringlets at the bottom :D
Very romantic!
Total win

Stormphoenix
July 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
luv, luv luv the refreshed layers...killer

manderly
July 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
See, it's hair pics like these that make me unable to understand the layer-hate at LHC. I LOVE layers, I think they do wonderful and magical things for waves and curls.

Gorgeous colors!

VitaR86
July 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM
See, it's hair pics like these that make me unable to understand the layer-hate at LHC. I LOVE layers, I think they do wonderful and magical things for waves and curls.

Gorgeous colors!

I agree 100% I love long layered hair.

Deemeeuh
July 17th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Wow! Gorgeous work! Makes me want to run to the colorist :)

@manderly: Layer-haters lol. Her hair looks amazinggg with layers but I'm one of the layer-haters for my ultra fine and stick straight hair. Layers are not for everyone!

Smile4Kiki
July 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Wow! Your hair is the kind of hair I dream about having one day. I was just thinking about whether or not i would be getting layers when my hair gets longer (even though that won't be anytime soon) and I think after seeing your pics I know my answer :thumbsup:

UltraBella
July 17th, 2010, 01:00 AM
I think I personally would have stuck with just one color or the other. The combination doesn't really look natural to me. Both of them compliment your complexion though, so I think it's a good compromise for you since I know you couldn't decide.

I think the layers look really nice.

I really appreciate your honesty ! I know not everyone will like my choice. I agree that it doesn't look natural to have three colors woven together, but it sure is fun ! And there is no line of demarcation when my roots grow in because my natural tone is there with the other two colors. That means I can go longer between coloring, which is a huge plus :)

To everyone else, thanks !! I am so happy with my blended layers, my stylist did a great job !!! Which is good, since she works at my salon :) that could get AWKWARD otherwise.......
It's pretty messy in the pic I posted from behind, I really should take another when it is not windy. I have always loved my layers, but these are perfection. And I don't miss that inch and 1/2 at all.
I wore my hair down the remainder of the day and I had three people tell me they wanted my hair color and seven strangers approached me just to compliment my hair. It was super flattering ! *blush*
Except the lady who wanted to touch my hair repeatedly, she invaded my personal space a bit to much. I don't know why some people do that !

Cupofmilk
July 17th, 2010, 01:27 AM
You have amazing hair - it would truely stand out in a room full of LHCers!

Toadstool
July 17th, 2010, 01:31 AM
It looks great!

Loreley
July 17th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! :)

Lamb
July 17th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I think it looks great! :thumbsup: The colours and the face-framing tresses really suit you.

LithiaBlack
July 17th, 2010, 02:08 AM
So beautiful, I love the color(s).

/L

Elenna
July 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM
:thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile:

alwayssmiling
July 17th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I have hair envy. Looks great, love the tri colour. You did right with the bangs, you can always cut them shorter next time if you decide to.

eamane
July 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Adding to the:thudpile:

error
July 17th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Oh wow I adore it!

yvsa
July 17th, 2010, 03:44 AM
You look fantastic!:thudpile::thudpile:

Harriet
July 17th, 2010, 03:47 AM
OMG your hair looks incredible! So so beautiful. Is that your natural wave patern?

melikai
July 17th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I agree, it doesn't look natural, BUT I really like it! It is still very subtle and blends in well with your own colour, while sort of refreshing it. It would be very easy to grow out too, if you decided to do that. The trim is really nice as well.

Sammich
July 17th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Gorgeous, beautiful, gorgeous, beautiful! :D Can't think of any other word to describe it... SPLENDID!? Wow!
I love the choices you chose. I love the tri colours, I love how they fit you so well and I especially love the layers! ^_^

Carolyn
July 17th, 2010, 04:26 AM
I love the blended colors. Natural smatchural...who cares? I don't think a lot of the henna color colors look "natural" but so what? You have enough wave to make layers work well. You have fabulous hair.

Joliebaby
July 17th, 2010, 04:33 AM
the layers are great - i have thick wavy hair as well and like layers on myself. no layer hating here :) color is good too!!!!

Medievalmaniac
July 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I love the thickness of your hair, and I think you make layers work VERY well because of it. The colors work well together, she did a great job blending them. And - I'm so glad you decided to forego the bangs! It looks great. :)

hm85
July 17th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Your hair is stunning! i wish i had thick wavy hair and the colours look fantastic! can i ask you what you do to stop them from fading?? im so jealous :)

elina333
July 17th, 2010, 04:48 AM
OMG! I think I just got a new source of inspiratrion on this site :) Your hair is GORGEOUS! So long, thick and lustrous! You should be proud, its looks stunning :D Love love love it! :cheer:

Sisko
July 17th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Your hair looks absolutely fantastic. :thud:

I am in awe of the layers and wish I could find a hairdresser to do a similar style without chopping the length off. It's beautiful!

Fairlight63
July 17th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Very pretty! You look like a movie star, better infact, LOL

lapushka
July 17th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Love the colors and it's great how you solved the bangs/no bangs thing - love those tiny layers in front. It looks very natural!

Sometimes when my hair's up I do crave something face framing, and I think I may even need it, but I'm afraid they'll cut too much short pieces in front, that the layering in the front will be too thick and heavy. The way you've had it done is perfect!

Chrissy
July 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I love it!!! It doesn't hurt that you are drop dead gorgeous either! :) I think you made a good decision. Your hair is so pretty.

jane53
July 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Gorgeous!!!

Chrissy
July 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I really appreciate your honesty ! I know not everyone will like my choice. I agree that it doesn't look natural to have three colors woven together, but it sure is fun ! And there is no line of demarcation when my roots grow in because my natural tone is there with the other two colors. That means I can go longer between coloring, which is a huge plus :)

To everyone else, thanks !! I am so happy with my blended layers, my stylist did a great job !!! Which is good, since she works at my salon :) that could get AWKWARD otherwise.......
It's pretty messy in the pic I posted from behind, I really should take another when it is not windy. I have always loved my layers, but these are perfection. And I don't miss that inch and 1/2 at all.
I wore my hair down the remainder of the day and I had three people tell me they wanted my hair color and seven strangers approached me just to compliment my hair. It was super flattering ! *blush*
Except the lady who wanted to touch my hair repeatedly, she invaded my personal space a bit to much. I don't know why some people do that !

I don't understand people who think they can do that. I've heard the same kind of thing from pregnant women who have total strangers come up and touch there belly.

PiroskaCicu
July 17th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Wow! You have amazing hair! It looks beautiful with the new colour combination...just perfect! I love how they work together so well. And the face framing layers are so pretty! :)

vanity_acefake
July 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Ooh! Your hair looks absolutely wonderful. So thick, healthy and beautiful. It really suits you. And you are so pretty.

tinti
July 17th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Wow, absolutely gorgeus! I think your fringe looks really good, too. You can both pin them back and leave them down, so that's a good thing!

Merewen
July 17th, 2010, 08:09 AM
You have the most gorgeous hair. GORGEOUS I tell you.

UltraBella
July 17th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Your hair is stunning! i wish i had thick wavy hair and the colours look fantastic! can i ask you what you do to stop them from fading?? im so jealous :)

Sure, thanks for asking ! My answer is not very helpful though. I have a really hard time getting color to fade, so I have the opposite issue than most. Even the red stays in my hair quite well and it's just a Demi color ! I think my hair may be more porous ?
The copper color you can see through my lengths has been there for ever, we only did my roots yesterday. So, I retain color really well for some reason.

Someone asked if that is my natural curl pattern, and I admit it is not. I am a wavy head with a portion of crazy fuzz on the top crown area. If fact, if you look at the pic from behind you can see on the top left side of my head a portion of really kinky hair, that's what I missed with the Caruso Molecular Hairsetter :) I love the Caruso, it's a steam setter and I used the largest curlers to smooth everything out and curl it. Gives me lots of bounce and movement :D

white line
July 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I think it's gorgeous. I love the layers. Really compliments your curl. Color looks great.

gmdiaz
July 17th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I love it! It's glorious!

LaurenH
July 17th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Your hair is so thick and beautiful! I love your waves! :)

sugarpixie10988
July 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
It looks really pretty, I'm glad you like it!

ericthegreat
July 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! The highlights, the different shades of color from copper to blonde, it all works so beautifully together on your head.

And might I add that you have wonderfully thick, lush hair. Even after it was layered, it is still very full and thick!

strwbrry dakri
July 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Ferocious.

The stylist did a great job. It probably helped that she had such a fabulous place to start. Love the facial framing, and that face is worthy of a frame!

Capybara
July 17th, 2010, 10:48 AM
:thud: You are so beautiful!

Your hair looks amazing! I think the colours are wonderful, and face framing layers were the best choice for you! You must be pleased :D

moominhapa
July 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Looks great! I actually think it was a great compromise to blend all of the colors together. That way you can wait longer between visits or, if you ever choose to, it will be easier to grow out! And gorgeous thickness and waves, by the way .:)

pepperminttea
July 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I agree, it doesn't look natural, BUT I really like it! It is still very subtle and blends in well with your own colour, while sort of refreshing it.

This! It looks like a warm strawberry blonde almost, a gorgeous blend. :)

Coffeebug
July 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
It's amazing, just absolutely amazing. If my hair looked like that I'd be very pleased with myself!

GRU
July 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Awesome way to combine all three colors and cuts into one final compromise!

And it looks great... although you're so obscenely pretty that you'd look great with a rainbow-striped mohawk!!! :p

Jenna0728
July 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!

share801
July 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Awesome! You are so pretty.

FrannyG
July 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Oh, thank you for the update!!! From the blended layers to the blended colours to your choice of face-framing layers for your bangs, I think you made excellent choices on all counts. Your hair looks divine, and the colours really suit your face. :blossom: Many compliments to your colourist/haircutter/stylist, as well. :thumbsup:

SeaShell
July 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
it looks absolutely gorgeous :)

maddog_running
July 17th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wowzer, that certainly is a gorgeous head of head :D

MuzicalH3rb
July 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
It's so pretty! I love it!

orbiting
July 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Your hair looks AWESOME. I wish I could get mine to be wavy *sigh* and who knows about the length these days. Apart of me wants to shave my head when I get back from my honeymoon :P

I never ever ever ever thought I would love highlights and multicolored hair.

Then my best friend (who will be officially a hair stylist in 8 DAYS!) did my hair with professional stuff... At first it was auburn and magenta, so yeah not noticeable, but since it faded my hair is 3 different shades (brownish, reddish and the blond highlights) and I absolutely love it to death. I'm trying to get out to see her again before my wedding to get it redone :D

HikerTrash
July 17th, 2010, 06:21 PM
The choice of face framing non-bangs (whatever you called it) was perfect. Your hair is amazing.

UltraBella
July 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks everyone !!! I am still really enjoying it and there's not a single thing I regret, except for not doing it sooner. I had my 15 year high school reunion today and I wore it down :)

strwbrry dakri
July 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone !!! I am still really enjoying it and there's not a single thing I regret, except for not doing it sooner. I had my 15 year high school reunion today and I wore it down :)

And just how envious were they? LOL! Or were you just as gorgeous then?

UltraBella
July 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM
And just how envious were they? LOL! Or were you just as gorgeous then?
Oh thank you ! I had hair just as long back then, but I think everyone was surprised it is still long. I don't look much different, except I was thinner when I was 18 !!

alabaster
July 17th, 2010, 07:49 PM
It looks really pretty.... i love how well the colours all work together...

MissManda
July 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Your hair is stunning! Those face-framing layers are perfect for you!

luluj
July 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Gorgeous colors!

DITTO!! I just love long layers! Your hair is so beautiful!;)

Calaelen
July 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM
It looks GREAT! These pics are the nicest of all the options you had.

sarah061
July 17th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Yay, that looks amazing! I love what you decided to do with the bang situation. Your hair just looks so healthy - it's always good to see that long, beautifully healthy hair is possible :)

littlenvy
July 17th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Just beautiful!! :D

And both colours look great on you :)

Blueglass
July 17th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if your old friends were jealous.

christine1989
July 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM
The blend of colors you picked looks very natural. That must have cost a fortune though! I had my hair colored when it was only BSL length and it cost $160!!

julliams
July 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I think it looks wonderful on you. Very natural and compliments your colouring perfectly!

UltraBella
July 18th, 2010, 12:11 AM
The blend of colors you picked looks very natural. That must have cost a fortune though! I had my hair colored when it was only BSL length and it cost $160!!

Lol, nope -my hairstylist is REALLY good to me, because I am the owner of the salon she works in :)
It would have cost me $75 for the foils and $24 for the cut at full price.

little_cherry
July 18th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Very pretty! :) The highlights really brighten your face and the layers are gorgeous!

Juneii
July 18th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Beautiful. The color looks really nice on you as well as the cut :)

maskedrose
July 18th, 2010, 04:20 AM

Gorgeous colors!

I'm totally with you Manderly! I'll never have a blunt cut - it just takes all the life out of my waves. Your layers are PERFECT UltraBella!

Someone asked if that is my natural curl pattern, and I admit it is not. I am a wavy head with a portion of crazy fuzz on the top crown area. If fact, if you look at the pic from behind you can see on the top left side of my head a portion of really kinky hair, that's what I missed with the Caruso Molecular Hairsetter :) I love the Caruso, it's a steam setter and I used the largest curlers to smooth everything out and curl it. Gives me lots of bounce and movement :D

I've been on the fence over Caruso curlers, but I think with the excellent results you get, I'm going to have to spring for them! How do you place the large curlers on your head to get such beautiful face framing waves?

spitfire511
July 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Just chucking one more "It's gorgeous!" on the pile! It's lovely :)

GINGER SNAP
July 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Absolutely Beautiful! how long does it take to do your hair if you don't mind me asking? I have similar long, thick hair and it takes me literally FOREVER! I always thought I was kind of a freak for spending so much time on my hair.

evampr18
July 18th, 2010, 05:51 PM
looks good and blends great

Aerith
July 18th, 2010, 07:38 PM
That is some beautiful, romantic looking hair! The new colors and the way it falls... Seriously stunning. This makes me want to try out layers and colors and I've pretty much always had my hair one length and ALWAYS the color I was born with. I've always been too scared to try out something like this. However, those pictures make me want to try out layers and even cut a lot of my length off (I'm not happy with mine at the moment). Stop tempting me, lol! :) Congrats on having such beautiful hair!

Kyla
July 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
You have such beautiful hair! I'm jealous.

UltraBella
July 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Maskedrose, I divide my hair into sections and I start at my forehead with the largest rollers. I roll the hair away from my forehead. So it's rolled back and under. I do three of these in a strip from my forehead to crown area. The rest of the rollers I just roll under or I lightly twist the length so you get more of a spiral. I remember there being pretty detailed instructions in the box.
And I have two sets of the large rollers and two sets of jumbo. I don't even use the smaller sizes.

GingerSnap, I really don't spend much time on my hair. I never blowdry, and I have been trying not to use my curling iron. I am so quick with my large barreled curling iron, I can curl my whole head in 10 minutes ! I normally have it in a bun for work and if I want to wear it down and curl it, I have my Caruso Hairsetter routine perfected. It only takes me ten minutes to put the curlers in and I usually leave them in for about thirty minutes. I do chores, laundry, put my makeup on etc.....while I am waiting.

TrudieCat
July 18th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Looks wonderful!! :) Great color, great cut!

Darkhorse1
July 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Jaw dropping GORGEOUS! I love it! Your hair is just stunning.

chargersfan
July 18th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Gorgeous! 'Nuff said.

spidermom
July 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM
What gorgeous hair, and I love the color combination precisely because it's not natural-looking but different, artistic.

sipp10
July 19th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Beautiful - color, cut, EVERYTHING!

Alaia
July 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Now that is some lovely colour.

:thud:

30isthenewblack
July 19th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Great result and Ed is right, it is glorious mane! I like the highlights and it looks closer to you natural colour so less obvious regrowth - yay!!!

UltraBella
July 19th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks everyone :)
Today is my first day back to work since having it done, so my hair is in a bun, and I was a little worried how it would look pulled back. I was worried the three colors would look funny, or kind of striped, but it all blends very nicely. My stylist did a great job keeping the foils really thin. I still love it !!

ButterCup02
July 19th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Beautiful!!! You had such gorgeous hair before, but I love the changes too! The colour looks great!

Khiwanean
July 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM
It looks wonderful! The color. The cut. All thud-worthy. :thud:

Mexibeach
July 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM
It's beautiful!!!!

chelseamichelle
July 19th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Looks great! Your hair is so thick and beautiful!

TinaDenali
July 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
That looks amazing!!

Deb!
July 19th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I have my Caruso Hairsetter routine perfected.

Are those the steam set rollers?

DarkChocolate
July 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It looks very nice:) I love your layers and I am in awe as to how thick your hair is!

Feng-Shui
July 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I am undecided.

My eyes say it are beautiful.

My brain says each chemical treatment the hair strained.

I hope you still happy thereby in some years.

Your roots will be then older and your lengths will form and later your ends.

I am not good for the moment to speak on chemical industry.

My mother received diagnosis white skin cancer today.:(

She colored many years regularly for it hair chemical and I thinks this now could with a cause be my mother has this terrible illness.

I know your work very dangerously is because you much with chemical products into contact come.

Your hair was before naturally beautiful and you needs not to remember like you it to make still more beautiful.

Like that is my opinion.

It looks very beautiful, but it was not necessary.

Your hair was already perfect before you chemical color on it done.:flower:

You sit day after day at the source.
Like that the temptation is always very large.

So I can understand why you it done.:)

UltraBella
July 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Feng-Shui, my hair has not been my natural color in over six years. My hair is not damaged. It is long and healthy and happily colored. The copper color is a Demi-color, so the harsh chemicals of permanent color are not a factor. And a little bleach for my highlights is not going to hurt me or make me sick either.
I appreciate your opinion on whether or not it looks nice, but that is all I asked for. I honestly am not in need of the rest.

heidi1990
July 19th, 2010, 08:18 PM
WOW i can honestly say, your hair is ridiculously gorgeous. I love the color, it really suits u. Your hair is exactly what i hope to have

heidi1990
July 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM
i dont like fenshui's response. i agree that the extra warnings were not needed. Ultra Bella has far more beautiful and healthy hair than i can dream of

UltraBella
July 19th, 2010, 08:48 PM
heidi1990, thank you for your compliments :)
I think the majority of us make educated decisions about our hair and understand that coloring, heat styling, etc........ may cause damage. For me it's a non-issue. My hair has always been virtually indistructable and I am thankful that it has always stayed so healthy through all the naughty things I have done to it !
And although there are certainly many valid points about chemicals used in salons being dangerous, this thread is not the appropriate place for them.

Feng-Shui
July 20th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Feng-Shui, my hair has not been my natural color in over six years. My hair is not damaged. It is long and healthy and happily colored. The copper color is a Demi-color, so the harsh chemicals of permanent color are not a factor. And a little bleach for my highlights is not going to hurt me or make me sick either.
I appreciate your opinion on whether or not it looks nice, but that is all I asked for. I honestly am not in need of the rest.

Okay, I hope you got a lot of wonderful feadback and nobody was too much honest to you.

If one day a tumor shall toast a little hole in your heads skin are we still asket to give non honest feadback?

You do it your way.;)

UltraBella
July 20th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Feng-Shui, I think everyone has been honest and if someone states that they prefer a different cut or color on me, bangs or no bangs, I am fine with that. But I didn't ask for a lecture on skin cancer and I am a grown woman who is perfectly capable of weighing the risks vs. reward. The tumor comment is offensive. And misinformed. Studies have possibly linked PERMANENT hair dye -which I didn't use - to increases in bladder cancer and blood cell cancers, such as lymphomas. Not skin cancer. And bleaching agents are not carcinogenic.
I am sorry for whatever your mother is going through, but I don't think you should use my thread - celebrating my new hair - to rain on my parade because you don't agree with using chemicals.
If that is your agenda, post it elsewhere please.

Bellona
July 20th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Ultrabella, your hair is gorgeous! We have about the same hair type, and I'm going through a super awkward stage right now with a bunch of grown out layers. I wanted to cut, but now seeing your hair I'm motivated to grow again :) The color is so pretty too!

NorthernDancer
July 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, your cut is what I always want when I decide I want layers. But the reality on my stick straight i/ii hair turns out to look choppy, thin and weird.

Thanks for showing your BEAUTIFUL hair!

ptnicole
July 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
UltraBella, thank you for sharing your hair with us! It is a of spectacular cut and color and looks stunning on you

On a side note...I am very certain that no tumor shall toast a little hole in your heads skin :joy:!!!

Petite Simone
July 20th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I think they did a fantastic job with the color. It looks very very well done-especially considering just how much hair you have. I love it, you look quite lovely!!!

Paniscus
July 20th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I must be seeing something different than some of the folk here, because I don't think your hair looks all that "un-natural". I mean, naturally, I have so many different shades of browns and reds in my hair, and if I spend any amout of time in the sun, I can throw in some blond as well (not to forget the grey).

Either way:

Your hair is gorgeous- so throw me into the band wagon here. I'm glad you compromised and ended up with all these colors and layers.... your hair looks great and is amazing! Yes, some major hair envy here as well! Thanks for posting the update!

MotherConfessor
July 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM
You look absolutely stunning!!

mellie
July 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Gorgeous!! :thudpile:

pennylane
July 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Love the color, love the cut, love everything about your hair!!!!! It really looks very, very nice!!!!! :D:D:D

strwbrry dakri
July 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ultratress - how tall are you? Because, you know, a tall woman casts a long shadow.

UltraBella
July 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Ultratress !?!?!?! I am giggling myself sick right now, that is so funny for some reason !

xovictoryxo
July 20th, 2010, 10:06 PM
so beautiful i love the color and cut!

Toadstool
July 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
Wow your hair looks soooo beautiful! I LOVE the different colours!

strwbrry dakri
July 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Ultratress !?!?!?! I am giggling myself sick right now, that is so funny for some reason !

But, but, but...Your tresses are ULTRA! I think you need to change your name! LOL

The Bella portion of your name makes me think of a plantation, mint juleps, even though you aren't a belle. (sorry, my mind goes in strange directions sometimes.)