PDA

View Full Version : It's Growing and I'm Shrinking! (wih Pics)

LittleOrca
July 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
:cheese:My hair is growing and my body is shrinking!:cheese:

And now I have a pair of photos that really shows this to me. (Pictures are linked from my album, so some new members may not be able to see them yet. Sorry.)

Because of my damaged ends, started to measure my hair in terms of virgin hair growth rather than in actual length gained since my ends tend to break off and I dust them (and S&D them) from time to time. However, in the following pictures I can see that not only is my hair growing in terms of virgin hair, but length as well! Granted, I am sure the length is not as great as it could be, but I am too much of a chickens**t to trim it up right now so it grows more in a U rather than my fairytale ends.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=49358...http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=75239
My hair (and body) at August 2009.............................................. ...................My hair (and body) at June 2010.

You can see that there is growth in terms of the virgin hair at the top of my head compared to both photos but I can also see it in my ends! Granted, my fairytale ends tend to disappear even more when a flash in involved, but I am sure you can see how far they go down to.

Despite the fact I know that I break off hair due to past damage, I had always thought that I was approaching terminal length and was depressed, especially since my goal is floor, but the more I look at the pictures I have hope that my hair really will make it to my goal along with my shrinking waist!

Speaking of the waist, I am not sure as to what weight I was specifically at the August photo, but I do know that a year prior to that I was... *drum rolls* 321 pounds. That is my highest recorded weight! :( I am sure that it was more at other times in my life, around 2007, but I don't have the numbers to prove it. However, if you take just that number and subtract my current weight, I have lost about 55 pounds. I still have a lot more to go, but at least that is progress!

Ah heck with it, more cheese!!!
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

clichepithet
July 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wonderful progress, in all. :flowers: Your hair is shiny and looks very soft.

bunnii
July 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
:cheer: congrats, you look great! i've always admired your hair, and it's gotten even more thudworthy :)

You got a belt for your jeans? because you're gonna need 'em :D

Cheese! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

kristymarie87
July 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Your hair in the 2nd is soooo shiny! And significantly longer and well done with the weightloss its really noticable! And of course an excuse to buy more clothes :D

:D

Jenn of Pence
July 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Aw, LittleOrca, you and your hair look so great! Congratulations on major progress towards your two goals! It's so motivating to see progress :D

MissMaryMac
July 16th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Amazing! You are beautiful, and thanks for sharing!:)

serious
July 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM
You won't need a belt for your jeans, you'll have to buy new clothes :cheese:

Congratulations on your progress!

And, your hair is looking beautiful ( as always ! )

TinaDenali
July 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Lookin' good!!! Congrats!

Melisande
July 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
You are a lovely girl. I'm happy that your progress is so obvious and makes you happy. You were lovely also when you were heavier, but your life is easier when you lose weight, it's healthier and has many advantages. But - you are lovely as you are. Your hair is a great beauty, with its waves and shine.

I admire you for your upbeat spirit, creativity and honesty. You have my very best wishes. I'm sure your family is very proud of you! I know I would if you were my daughter!

camara
July 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Your hair is so lovely and shiny! :flower:

I´m glad you are enjoying your weightloss.

Cupofmilk
July 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Well done you for loosing the weight. That is amazing. I am overweight too and have about 35lbs to loose on top of the 20 I have lost so far.
Your hair looks amazing. It is so shiny and silky!

VintageBrooklyn
July 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Oh wow, you know how much I love your hair! It mesmerizes me! But to find out you have been losing so much weight, and you can really see it in the pictures, congratulations! I am trying to lose some too and seeing your pics gives me motivation! You are gorgeous! :)

spidermom
July 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Looking good, Little Orca.

JenniferNoel
July 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Congratulations, glad the weight loss is working for you. And your hair is looking amazing. :cool:

Darkhorse1
July 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Little Orca! Congrats to you! for both lovely hair growth AND the weight loss!! You look wonderful :) How do you feel? I bet you feel amazing. Congrats to both of your successes!

Madame J
July 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Don't be creeped out, but that picture just makes me want to touch your hair... it's like spun gold...

bridgetsgirl
July 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Congratulations!!!

breezefaerie
July 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Good for you! Both you and your hair look amazing!

halo_tightens
July 16th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I'm so proud of you, LittleOrca!!! You're doing SO well in working toward both of these goals. Way to go!! :flowers:

Spring
July 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I love your shine and CONGRATULATIONS!! :):):)

klcqtee
July 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I think that you can grow your dyed hair out to classic (especially since you'll have half the butt to grow over...that was a compliment!), and your virgin hair will make it to classic easy.

Congratulations on both fronts! You and your hair both look amazing!

MissySue
July 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Looking Good:cheese:!!!

tinti
July 16th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Way to go, girl! You can really see the progress in both weight and hair. Congrats!

Xi
July 16th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Congratulations, LittleOrca! :toast: It's nice to see such a lovely person achieving her goals :)

Peter
July 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
What excellent progress on both accounts. Yay! :)

pennyroyal
July 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Congrats on your hair & your weight loss! It is not easy to lose so much weight so you deserve to be quite proud of yourself! You & your hair look amazing! :)

teela1978
July 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Longer and leaner :) Looking great!!!!

vanity_acefake
July 16th, 2010, 03:04 PM
You are looking fabulous littleorca. I love your mermaid hair so much.

LittleOrca
July 16th, 2010, 03:39 PM
:) How do you feel?

I feel good to see the hair improving, but I am still like :mad: about my body since I still have over 100 pounds to go, lol. I am also quite tired, bike rides will do that to ya.

Don't be creeped out, but that picture just makes me want to touch your hair... it's like spun gold...

I love it when people start posts with "Don't be creeped out, but..." I leave messages in photo albums like that. :lol:

Thank you everyone else too for your support! :)

Medievalmaniac
July 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I am so excited for you - you (and your hair) look amazing!! :D

Prettyeyes23
July 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
LilOrca, your hair is amazing!

chopandchange
July 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Your hair looks beautiful as ever and your weight loss seems to be going well!

Yozhik
July 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM
How wonderful, LittleOrca!

Great progress, you're looking great in terms of both hair and figure :)

MsBubbles
July 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Huge congrats to you Little Orca! Thank you for the update!

TrudieCat
July 16th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Congratulations!! :cheer: How inspiring! :)

Night_Kitten
July 16th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Congrats both on the hair-growth and waight-loss! :)
Your hair looks so much healthier, softer and shinier, and the ends look nice too, I like that soft U shape they do

lindaton
July 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Im mostly a lurker but have always enjoyed your posts. Congratulations on both your weight loss and hair growth. Your hair looks so much thicker!

triumphator!
July 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM
So much success in your life! Congrats! :cheer:

Capybara
July 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I see growth :D Yay!! You have the most beautiful waves :crush:

And congratulations on the weight loss! 55 pounds is an awesome accomplishment. You're doing great, girl, keep it up! :cheer:

eamane
July 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Congratulations :flower: on both accounts :)

missfortune9335
July 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
congratulations on your progress in both areas! How great that must feel :D

ifyouforget
July 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Wow, congrats! You have the most gorgeous hair, and that's amazing weightloss too! No need to be :mad: about it, you're lovely and have two wonderful accomplishments to be proud of!

MissCoco
July 16th, 2010, 06:09 PM

justgreen
July 16th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Congrats on the weight loss! Oh and the hair looks great too! I was a skeerdy cat too, when it came to trimming, but after seeing the last pic after two trims, I'm so glad I trimmed.

SeaShell
July 16th, 2010, 07:08 PM
wow, some major changes, looks great, Congrats LittleOrca :)

sherigayle
July 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Congratulations! Great progress with the loss and the gain!

Kome
July 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Your hair and weight loss are so inspiring! I've lost 20 pounds myself in the last 3 months. I still have 32 more to go! Woohoo!!! Your hair is SO SHINEY in the second picture and it looks so much thicker in contrast to your body now. Awesome!

masa_inn
July 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Wow, what an inspiration! Congratulations!

swellmel
July 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
you have mermaid hair! pretty pretty mermaid hair! it's gorgeous! and hi five on the weight loss! :D

GlassEyes
July 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Very pretty. :) I seem to remember you having some shedding issues? AHve those stemmed off?

The virgin growth is coming along quite well, but since you said the ends are breaking off...maybe you should bit ethe bullet and trim? Damage like that doesn't always stay in one place, and you shouldn't have to lose that much.

And congrats on the weight loss! I hope you're happier with it--it's certainly a distinct visual difference. I hope the health benefits are just as drastic.

WyrdWay
July 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Great job on both updates!
You are doing a great job losing and gaining, and don't worry so much about losing bits of your damaged ends because that damage will only break off once, and then your ratio of undamaged to damage will shift a little more over to the healthy side :)
Keep up the good work!

RancheroTheBee
July 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM
You look great! Congratulations on losing so much weight. 55 pounds is nothing to scoff at, that's for sure.

And your hair looks really soft and shiny.

:3 Good job!

LittleOrca
July 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Very pretty. :) I seem to remember you having some shedding issues? AHve those stemmed off?

The virgin growth is coming along quite well, but since you said the ends are breaking off...maybe you should bit ethe bullet and trim? Damage like that doesn't always stay in one place, and you shouldn't have to lose that much.

And congrats on the weight loss! I hope you're happier with it--it's certainly a distinct visual difference. I hope the health benefits are just as drastic.

Yes my shedding issues have stopped. :) I am so happy about that. I have thought, many times, about biting the bullet and trimming my ends up a little bit, maybe an inch, but I am just so scared to do so. I almost feel if I cut it will never come back, lol. If I were to trim it to where I think it would do its best I would have to trim back to hips and that freaks me out. I think I will play in the mirror later and use a hair tie to see what my hair would be like with x amount missing, but I doubt that I will cut yet.

Loreley
July 17th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Congrats on the progress! :cheese: Your is gorgeous! :thud:

UltraBella
July 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I just want to say congratulations !!!! You look amazing :)
I agree with the suggestions to trim your ends. I understand it can be hard to lose some length, but wouldn't you hate to lose more length in the long run due to breakage? Better to get it under control now.

little_acorn
July 17th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Orca both you and your hair are amazing :flowers:

anthonyswife
July 17th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous! Congratulations on your weight loss and hair growth!

Chrissy
July 17th, 2010, 06:23 AM
:cheer: Your hair and you look great!!! I always love reading your posts and you are such a sweetie. You are doing great. I too think that you have lost a substantial amount of weight. One step at a time. Your hair is beautiful as always.

PiroskaCicu
July 17th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous - I love the shine and wave...reminds me of waves from the ocean.

It is so great to see that you have progress with your weight! You can really see it now. Wonderful :) Congrats!

Sammich
July 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Indeed about the waves! ^ The waves are one of my dream waves. *Sigh* :D
Congrats with the weight loss, I can really tell the difference, plus your hair is looking as shiny as ever!

Ravenwaves 88
July 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Congrats on your major progresses! You look fin-tastic!

embee
July 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
That is *so* fine! The change is very noticeable, both hair and weight. :) Congratulations.

Kristin
July 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Congrats, LittleOrca! Keep up the great work!!!

GoddesJourney
July 17th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Wow, LittleOrca! Those aren't even roots anymore. You are a full on two-toned girl. I know how that is. Once you get healthier hair down closer to your ends, you will start to notice much faster growth.

By the way, that's a lot of weight you lost in less than a year and you should be really proud of yourself. I can't wait to see photos next year to see how far you've come. Rock on, LittleOrca!

rags
July 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Congratulations! Your weight loss is fantastic, and your hair is just :thud: I've always loved it and it's looking better than ever now!

LittleOrca
July 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Wow, LittleOrca! Those aren't even roots anymore. You are a full on two-toned girl.

As I read this I actually felt proud! lol In the past when my roots started to show for more than a year I would get dye and attempt to dye all my hair my natural color so I didn't have to look at my roots. As you can tell by my golden color, that never worked. Somehow Henna + Brown dye (x 5) = golden hair.

I can definitely see that I am two-toned now when I look at pictures of my hair in sunlight, such as the one below with my fiancé. It just feels epic, lol.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=77135
Yup, I am wearing the same style of jeans, just one size smaller, as in the Aug 2009 pic and you can see how baggy they are. I tended to buy the same style over and over since I knew it looked good, but these jeans are out of the mix now and I can't really afford to get some new ones at the moment.

jackie75
July 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Wow! I'm very happy for you on both accounts! That is truly wonderful progress! Way to go!! :D

pepperminttea
July 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Well done on both counts, you and your hair are looking wonderful! :flowers:

Pear Martini
July 17th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Wow! Thats great news, congrats!

linda g
July 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Amazing! Congrats on both counts, you are rockin'!

Hotrox
July 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM
You have beautiful hair, congrats on the progress and weight loss :D

lilravendark
July 18th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Congrats on both littleorca! You are looking fabulous!

OperaTeacherMom
July 18th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Wow, your hair is SO shiny, beautiful!! So proud of you on the weight loss! Is it just me, or does your hair look thicker now? Maybe it's just because there is less of you around it? Either way, awesome!

julliams
July 18th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Your hair is so soft and shiny and VERY long. Congratulations on your progress - you look wonderful.

Debra83
July 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM
WAY TO GO!!!! ON BOTH ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!! :D

ButterCream
July 18th, 2010, 06:29 AM
That is sooo great news!! Congratulations on both parts!
You gooooo girl!:cheese:

Oh ans shiny loooovely hair you have! :agape:

noelgirl
July 18th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Congrats on both achievements! You look great.

Jezerellica
July 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Yayyy!! Look at you!! Your hair looks so soft and your new body? sexy girl!!

:hifive::heartbeat

Carolyn
July 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM
You look great and so does your hair.

Merewen
July 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Whoo hoo! You are looking GOOD! :cheese: That is fantastic progress!

CelinaStarr
July 18th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Your hair looks nice and congrats on the weight loss.

Johanna64
July 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Congratulations,LittleOrca :)
You're looking very good!!
And your hair is beautiful.

xoxophelia
July 18th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Wow your hair looks great but you have done an amazing job with the weight loss :D

evampr18
July 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM
wow that hair looks gorgeous, congrats

ericthegreat
July 18th, 2010, 05:38 PM
You really do have mermaid hair. Its so magical, so shiny, the golden blonde color is just spectacular, the natural waves, its just so beautiful!

And congratulations about your weight loss! :flowers: I'm glad that you are feeling much better about yourself, but to me you were always a beautiful person even before your weight loss. Just keep taking care of yourself in the right way and you will be happier and healthier.

jlw9222
July 18th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Okay, since I'm still a newbie, I can't see your photos but by your narrative (and others), it sounds like you've having some awesome success with both your growth AND your shrinkage...so congrats! :)

McFearless
July 18th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Holy crap your hair is gorgeous. I-want-to-post-it-on-my-wall-gorgeous. I love your waves. Congrats on your weight loss too!:cheese:

LittleOrca
July 18th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you everyone. I have really needed to hear some good things today and this thread made me feel better. Mermaids hugs for everyone. :grouphug:

Honeybun21
July 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM
congrats!!!

redneckprincess
July 24th, 2010, 07:21 PM
great progress on both weight and hair!!!

janedoe0
July 25th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Your hair looks great! And congratulations on your weight loss!

walter
July 25th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Beautiful hair!!!

little_cherry
July 25th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Congrats..how awesome! :D

I'm so happy for you! Keep it up! :)

chotee
July 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Simply Wow! Great Progress....keep going.....:smile:

Topaz
July 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Congratulations on both the weight loss and your very beautiful, shiny hair! I'm forever fighting to lose weight and gain hair too, so I applaud you! Over the past two years I lost 30 pounds, but I've been in stasis since then and can't seem to shed any more than that, but I still have another 50 to go to reach my goal weight. Keep up the good work, I know you'll be a svelt little beauty with true fantasy hair in no time!

LadyJennifer
July 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Beautiful hair!
And a big congrats on the weight loss! 55 lb is a big deal:D I know how good it feels to lose weight you've been trying to lose! :D

BattahZ
July 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Good for you, LittleOrca! You look great!