PDA

View Full Version : Tomato Seed Oil

CavyQueen
July 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi! I was on the website where I purchase my oils and saw that tomato seed oil had been added. The site did not include a description of it. Has anybody ever used it or heard of its benefits? Does any one like or dislike it? Thank you.

kwaniesiam
July 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Not helpful, but I had no idea you could squeeze oil out of tomato seeds. Hopefully someone else will come by with a better answer because I'm curious now!

Juneii
July 15th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Not helpful, but I had no idea you could squeeze oil out of tomato seeds. Hopefully someone else will come by with a better answer because I'm curious now!

Me neither, but the thought of tomatoes are making me hungry!

indigonight
July 15th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Studies have documented tomato seeds contain essential fatty acids (EFAs), antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, carotenes, including lycopene, phytosterols and other important nutrients that play an important role in the health and radiance of the skin. Lycopene-rich lipids are essential ingredients for the treatment and prevention of cutaneous signs of aging, and for reducing UV damage to the skin.

Tomato Seed Oil is stable and is an ideal ingredient for incorporating the nutritive benefits of tomato seeds, particularly the high-lycopene content, within personal care products such as facial creams, anti-wrinkle serums, anti-aging formulations, lip care products, hair products, makeup, sun care preparations and shaving products.

http://www.insidecosmeceuticals.com/news/2010/06/natural-sourcing-tomato-seed-oil.aspx

pennylane
July 16th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Tomato???? what next Potato???

Nah.... never heard of it!:rolleyes: