PDA

View Full Version : best products for 3A curls?

LilyLu
July 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hey all,

quick question..Ive got a mix of 3A-3B curls and as my hair is getting longer (and since I stopped blowdrying) my old hair products just dont seem to be cutting it anymore, they aren't giving me enough volume or hold without crunch..

here's what I use:
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse
John Frieda Dream Curls spray
Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly spray gel

I scrunch it in and let it air dry, if you can recommend some products that you use I would love it.

thanks!

lapushka
July 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'd leave out the mousse and the gel (both are terribly drying if they're alcohol-based).

I use a curling cream or leave-in conditioner. I have no crunch and lots of moisture in my hair afterwards (and little to no frizz). You could also use some oil, or a water/glycerine spray, or some aloe vera gel to style it.

alabaster
July 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I second the no alcohol comment... very drying especially for curly hair... I am absolutely in love with Kinky Curly Knot today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It can be a bit tricky to apply but the linked video is really handy http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3457886609888355586&hl=en#

I find it dries really crunchy but the crunch is soooo easily scrunched out (I also enjoy the scrunching process) and leaves you with very soft shiny hair.... it is my total HG curl product. Dont be turned away because it is marketed to very kinky hair types, it is actually great on hair ranging from 2b-4c....

Maelyssa
July 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
My daughters have hair similar to yours & we've found the David Babaii for WildAid shampoos and conditioners work really well. We use the conditioner as a leave in for damp hair.
Once I have the cash I'm going to try to get Moroccan oil Curl cream for them as a leave in instead but hands down David Babaii has kept their hair softest & gives the most frizz control.

Whatever you settle on, good luck!