PDA

View Full Version : Hair Compliment :)

Saldana
March 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
So, yesterday I was in the bathroom at work, and I'd taken my hair down to rebraid and put it back up again.

My boss came out of a stall and was standing at the sink washing her hands. Now, mind you, she's seen my hair down literally DOZENS of times, because I often wash it on Friday mornings, and leave it down when I come into work until it dries enough to put up.

Anyway, so she looks over and says "......wow......your hair is really long!". Then a pause, and she said "....it's so pretty..."
Then I think she got unnerved or something (she's the kind of person who almost never says anything personal to anybody) and she left.

I continued to put my hair up, but with a big smile on my face. Made my day! :)

Gumball
March 11th, 2008, 09:41 AM
That's awesome. It's great when someone takes time to not only notice, but compliment. Having it come from someone you know usually abstains from saying things I believe makes it even more meaningful since they broke out of their shell. Great stuff! :)

Mahars
March 11th, 2008, 09:48 AM
That is a really nice compliment, especially coming from someone who doesn't usually give them. I can't wait until I get hair compliments again. I used to get them all the time in college when I had BSL hair. Congrats!

Nightshade
March 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
That's so awesome. Kudos to you and your beautiful hair, and kudos to her. Paying a compliment is an unnecessary effort, it's so much easier to think something and not say it, so she must have REALLY liked your hair :)

Shadow Walker
March 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Good for you, that's a great compliment to get!

Gypsygirl
November 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hey, great! :)

Aerith
November 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Good for you! :) I love when I get hair compliments, I feel good about it for the rest of the day.

*Rose Red*
November 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
It´s really a good feeling to get compliments from people you don´t expect!

little_acorn
November 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Thats great - that would've put a big smile on my face too :D

linda g
November 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Doesn't that just make your day? :)

LittleOrca
November 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
How great! :D

I have a problem with saying thank you or anything when people compliment my hair. I don't know how I would react if it was my boss! :o

gnegirl
November 23rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
So, yesterday I was in the bathroom at work, and I'd taken my hair down to rebraid and put it back up again.

My boss came out of a stall and was standing at the sink washing her hands. Now, mind you, she's seen my hair down literally DOZENS of times, because I often wash it on Friday mornings, and leave it down when I come into work until it dries enough to put up.

Anyway, so she looks over and says "......wow......your hair is really long!". Then a pause, and she said "....it's so pretty..."
Then I think she got unnerved or something (she's the kind of person who almost never says anything personal to anybody) and she left.

I continued to put my hair up, but with a big smile on my face. Made my day! :)

Awesome. I got a compliment today as well, from the dental hygienist. She said my hair was very pretty and healthy-looking. (yeah for Dessert Essence!)

JamieLeigh
November 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
That's awesome! At least she didn't ask you to donate it. ;)