PDA

View Full Version : Trim-trim-cher-ee, trim-trim-cher-ee, trim-trim-cher-ee!!!

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Oops! Guess you have to be old enough to remember the "Mary Poppins" movie.

Just got home from my trim. I got 3 inches cut off--from almost tailbone to hip.

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Nothing like a good trim to keep me from chopping it all off!!!

My haircutter has waist-to-tailbone hair, and I found out from her today that she doesn't have to brush or comb her hair after washing or after getting up in the morning. It's smooth and swingy on it's own. I'm jealous! My hair needs brushing!

I got her confirmation that combing is BAD for my hair. She tried combing it before trimming it and she acknowledged, "Whoa! Your hair HATES the comb! I hope you know that!" And I replied, "I coulda told you that!"

YAY YAY YAY:cheese::cheese::cheese:

My hair has its swing and its body back. And it's still hip length, even minus the 3 inches.

Oh--and when I told her to take off the 3 inches, I asked her first how much she thought I needed off and she said, "Well, your ends are fine. You hair is always healthy. Just however much you want." :-)

Jenn of Pence
July 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
So much cheese, Jane! Must have been a good trim. ;) Sounds like you're really enjoying it so far!

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
So much cheese, Jane! Must have been a good trim. ;) Sounds like you're really enjoying it so far!

Yep! Lots of cheese!

I always get to the point of thinking I should just cut all my hair off and then a small trim brings it back to its good self.

sibiryachka
July 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Great, now I have my earworm for the day...

freckles
July 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM
glad you're loving your 'new' hair, Jane :)

spidermom
July 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hooray for the satisfaction of a good trim.

My hair doesn't like the comb OR the brush lately. It wants to go bush-woman on me, apparently.

Newniepg
July 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Glad you're happy with your trim, your hairdresser sounds great.

Thank you for putting that song into my head!

Hana
July 15th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Firstly, love that film. Grew up with it. :)

Secondly, I need a hairdresser like yours!

Thirdly, glad you're so pleased apres salon! I know there are a few times I haven't been, so it's lovely when it does happen!

little_acorn
July 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Sounds like your hairdressor is as lovely as mine - I'm also enjoying a post-trim moment too :D

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Sounds like your hairdressor is as lovely as mine - I'm also enjoying a post-trim moment too :D

Post-trim moments are lovely when you have good hairdressers like ours!!! :D

Juneii
July 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Aww yay! It's nice to hear that there are hair dressers who knows what a trim means :) I am glad you had a wonderful experience.
I technically don't need to brush/comb my hair after waking up or washing my hair either, it seems to detangle on its own after a few minutes or when it is dry. But it makes my hair look sleeker.

StarryNight
July 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm glad you and your hair are happy. :) I'm jealous you cut three inches and are still hip. T.T I have such a long way to go still!

tinti
July 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Aww, that's great! I know how it feels getting a good trim :) Enjoy it!

LisaButz2001
July 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
You don't have to be that old to remember that song. Jane, don't cut all your hair off, I envy your signature pic!

HintOfMint
July 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
What a great experience! It's great that you and your hairdresser are on the same page.

And I love Mary Poppins! When I saw the title, I thought "is that a reference to what I think it is?"

Sammich
July 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Glad you had a great fun chop(Well trim)! ;) I'm jealous how it's still so long! :) Me wants! What a nice hairdresser.

Ps.
Love the film, thanks for the nostalgia.

FrannyG
July 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Oh, you sound delighted, and I think I love your hair stylist. :crush:

Um--Jane, honey--photos please? Pretty please??? :wannabe:

rags
July 15th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I'm so glad you like your trim! My stylist just retired; I may have to come stalk yours! :p

And now I'll have that song playing in my head for days. Aaargh!

Medievalmaniac
July 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Pics, or it didn't happen... :)

Merewen
July 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm so glad those WERE the Mary Poppins lyrics because that is exactly how I read them. But now it's stuck in my head.

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
You don't have to be that old to remember that song. Jane, don't cut all your hair off, I envy your signature pic!

Don't worry, Lisa! I won't cut all my hair off! I've had it for 44 years and a good, subtle trim always keeps me from a real cut!

Thanks!!

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm so glad you like your trim! My stylist just retired; I may have to come stalk yours! :p

And now I'll have that song playing in my head for days. Aaargh!

Well, as I recall, you're in east Tennessee and my stylist is in Birmingham. ROAD TRIP!!!:cheese:

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry to those who requested pics! I haven't figured out how to photograph my own hair and I don't know when I'll be able to get someone to photograph it.

But it probably looks like my sig. picture looks (except it's not wet on the left like it is in my sig. pic).

When I got it cut, it was about 3 inches longer than the sig.pic.

If I can get a picture, I will, but it's a trial for me....

UltraBella
July 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM
So glad you like it :)
My appointment is in 8.5 hours...... Why am I still awake !?!

Loreley
July 16th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I'm glad you like it! :cheese: You are very lucky to have such a good hairdresser! :)

mglmdvd
July 16th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Isn't anyone depressed by trims like I am?

jane53
July 16th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Isn't anyone depressed by trims like I am?

Sorry they depress you. If they depressed me, I wouldn't get 'em. By the time I get one, it's always JUST WHAT I NEED.

And I'm not trying to get my hair longer.