PDA

View Full Version : should I be re-typing as it grows?

Garnett
May 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I was so sure I was a 2a with 2b tendencies. Now, it's drying much wavier, and I see a few spirals hiding under the canopy.. Should I be reconsidering my hairtype? What do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/SN850289edit.jpg

Thankies all :)

Alaskanheart
May 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I think you look like a solid 2b, but Im not the best at hairtyping. I think many people change their hairtype at least once as they change their haircare routine and theyre hair grows longer here. I changed mine from 1b to 2a after my hair reached APL and 6 months of growing.

Anje
May 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
You can definitely re-type as needed. Wurly hair sometimes takes considerable length before it makes it clear to anyone whether it's more wavy, more curly, or truly something in between.

psvzum
May 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm not very good at hair typing but I did want to say, I LOVE your avatar - made me smile : )

Haith
May 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, I also say to retype as your hair grows. When I first came here, I was sure that I was a 1, but after learning more about hair-care I realized that with a bit of moisture I was definately in the 2's.

As for your type, hmmm... I definately see some well defined wurls there. I would say 2b at least, maybe even 2c.

Tangles
May 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I'd put you at a solid 2b, too.

socks
May 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
You look like you could even be a 2c, but you're definately at least a 2b.

jojo
May 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
your hair looks very similar to mine at that length and id too put you as a 2b but you also have layers which can make it difficult to type, mine as the layers have grown has moved in to a 2b/2c

heres a photo of mine in aug very similar to yours
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/aug13hair19inches006.jpgand this was March http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/DSC00631.jpg
i think your type will change too as it gets longer xx

squiggyflop
May 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
i think a retype is in order.. i may need to do the same.. my hair is unpredictable.. sometimes if i let it airdry without touching it it ends up looking like a 1b and then other times i let it airdry without touching it and it dries 2b.. i can never tell how its going to dry on any given day.. and the dye damaged parts of my hair seem curlyer than the henna only areas.. hairtypeing my hair is just too diofficult so i chose a middle ground 1c2a.. and it depends on what conditioners and shampoos i use too..

wow i totally rambled on there.. i swear i had a point when i started typing.. um.. hair changes and you should retype if necissary (cant spell)

backtonature
May 16th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I'd give you a 2b heading for 2c. By the way your hair looks great.

DavidN
May 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
What wonderful growth, Garnett, your hair looks great, and it looks like a solid 2b to me! As it grows still longer, it may approach 2c territory.

nomadhome
May 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I'd say top of the 2b range.

tiny_teesha
May 17th, 2008, 08:21 AM
WOW garnet- i'm glad i reminded you....it was almost like you werent here anymore, but a picture proves you are! I'd say 2c.
and yes- retype as you grow.
Also...Your hair is very pretty, i am so proud of you, that you haven't dyed it or nothing! It keeps looking better! :) Well done!

jojo
May 17th, 2008, 10:14 AM
WOW garnet- i'm glad i reminded you....it was almost like you werent here anymore, but a picture proves you are! I'd say 2c.
and yes- retype as you grow.
Also...Your hair is very pretty, i am so proud of you, that you haven't dyed it or nothing! It keeps looking better! :) Well done!

what a lovely supportive post tiny teesha, this is what i love about this community x

spidermom
May 18th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Your hair is looking absolutely gorgeous, and I think you're heading right into 2C territory. My hair didn't start forming spirals until it was around APL/BSL. If I had hair-typed it shorter, I would have had to re-do it when the spirals showed up.

kwaniesiam
May 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I think it looks 2b too, but it seems to get wurlier as it gets longer. I still don't know my hairtype, it does different things at different lengths and depending on how I wash it...

lapushka
May 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
If there's a few spirals in your hair, then you're a 2c.
2a = waves, S'es
2b = tighter S'es
2c = tighter S'es + a few spirals

Garnett
May 18th, 2008, 12:31 PM
thanks everyone!! I'll change it now :D 2b bordering on 2c. Exciting!