PDA

View Full Version : Clubbing?

triumphator!
July 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hello, everyone. I went out dancing last night (:cheese:), and my hair became a sweaty mess. For those of you who do this, how do you wear your hair and avoid damage at the same time? I mean, clearly one wouldn't wear it down, would sticks / braids / etc work best....?

freckles
July 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I like to wear mine in a shortened high ponytail (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=125) or a side braid (herringbone sidebraids are my favourite). I think these styles look less serious than buns and the like, and I'd be worried about losing a hairstick or fork. I normally do the front 'poof' thing as well.

pepperminttea
July 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM
If you have the time, mini-braids are great and you can keep them in for a few days. Do be warned for just how poofy your hair will be after you take them out though. :)

HairColoredHair
July 15th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I've worn my hair down before (highly NOT recommended! Unless you really like drunks grabbing at it. :( )

I tend to do double buns up on top of my head with pins instead of sticks.

VenusHalley
July 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I like messy buns or side ponytail.

Sticks aren't a good idea (too easy to be pulled out and it's bound to happened).

JenniferNoel
July 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Our clubs are pretty tame as far as drunk people grabbing hair and like inconveniences, I never felt nervous about wearing my once TBL hair down to dance and headbang. As far as the sweaty mess goes, I just condition it with cones the night before, and after that, I do a clarifying wash and condition normally. Gets everything under control pretty fast.

GoddesJourney
July 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Actually, I do wear it down a lot. Sometimes I just messy bun it. It will inevitably become a sweaty mess. What I do is leave it that way and let it untangle itself in the shower with conditioner when the water runs through it. My friend that I go out with has curly hair that is between waist and hip, unstretched. Usually, she wears it half up in some way because her friend is good at styling it. Other times she leaves it down. I suspect she does the same thing. I heard some other girls talking about the same thing in the bathroom one day. Can't even bother to try to untangle it until it's been heavily slathered in conditioner and under running water.

ETA: I second the no sticks thing. They do fall out. They also might poke someone's eye out when it gets crowded. I've never seen anyone get their hair pulled by drunk people, but I've also never seen anyone with hair longer than classic at a normal club, and ours can get pretty crazy some nights. I saw a salsa dancer with at least thigh length hair, but salsa dancers are a different animal. Usually, they don't get drunk.

triumphator!
July 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Cool, thanks guys for all your input :D

RancheroTheBee
July 15th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I vote braids, personally. If it gets humid in there, you get some nice waves.

Amelia
July 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
To be honest I don't go clubbing that often, but, i go to rock gigs a lot.
I wear it in a faux french twist, i've also wore it in Heidi braids, and it worked very well. You can totally head bang :lol:

vanity_acefake
July 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM
When i used to go clubbing i would put my hair up into two french braids. It looks really nice if you put fake flowers dotted through them.

CavyQueen
July 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I always wear my hair down when I go to clubs. I love using it when I dance. Of course I have to CO as soon as I get home, but its worth it. It makes a big statement on the dance floor. ;)

rosek
July 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Last time I went I wore a French Braid. I think that'll be the last time I can wear it like that - I kept hitting people with it! It could be because I'm such a spastic dancer though. But yours would be perfect in a French braid :)

StormiDoodle
July 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I wear my hair in two buns, top of head when going out dancing. I secure with little jaw clips (four per bun) as, while not attractive, are stable on the dance floor. Keeps my hair out of the way of hands, and my head a little cooler, and is kinda cute.

littleflowerr
July 16th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I just leave it down! or a low pony with a flower clip or something :)

stkl
July 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
i wear my hair down too. only i put it in rollers first so that it looks polished without heat, i dont feel as good with it up and im not dancing hard enough for it to tangle. if the only thing your worried about it sweating you could always take a small can of dry shampoo in your bag and use that. :)

Nera
July 16th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Side braids are great! You don't have the sweaty neck thing, you have view over it (people tend to touch my hair), and it woun't get stuck between other peoples armpits :D

BelleBot
July 16th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Last time I went out clubbing I wore my hair in two rope braids twisted up into a bun each. I then secured them using two hairsticks, one for each bun then threading them through the other bun to lock them secure. Like this ->
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1417/doublebun.jpg

If you use fairly short hair sticks it stops other people from pulling them out, and stops them getting caught.
Holds like a rock all night. :)

crystal_89
July 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I used to go clubbing a lot when I had waist length hair and I wore it down 99% of the time. Once I wore it in a very sleek high ponytail with lots of make up, and I got hit on by another girl, so it must have looked good ;)

triumphator!
July 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Wow, there are some brave souls out there, wearing their hair down! I guess I just live in a grabby place, I wouldn't fair well if I had long hair down, not to mention it would make me superdy hot. :p

BeatlesFanGirl
July 16th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I loooooove clubbing :) I went dancing last Saturday, I wore my hair down, but due to the extreme hot weather I was sweating so much, and my hair got sticky. I prefer my hair down, but if I can't, then i wear it in a high pony, it can look sexy too. :)