PDA

View Full Version : Help me type my hair? Please? ;)

tinti
July 15th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I have no idea what types my hair is. It's' very smooth, but not like silk. I can rub a strand with my fingers and I can hear it making a weird scratching sound. Since it is so smooth/sleak or whatever you wanna call it, it has very little volume, except at the top where my short, annoying layers are. But if I squeese some product in, sleep on it or take a braid or a bun out it I have loads of hair. So much so that my mom can't bun it, even without the products or the bun outs/braidouts. I have no idea if it's wavy or straight, because it seems like it's neither. Sometimes I have sme waves, sometimes I don't. If I squeese some gel into it it gets wavy, and then I have really pretty waves, kind of like the waves you get from braids, but nicer and a bit smaller than I get if I take out a braid. The shorter my hair gets the wavier it is on it's own. My bangs and layers tend to bend out in it's virgin state. It doesn't get damaged easily, because I've gone 8 months without a trim, dying it and using my straightener on it without it getting much damaged.

This is my hair airdried, and a bit manipulated so that my bangs and layers looks something like decent
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/tinti84/DSC000302.jpg

Hope you'll help me, because I would like to know a bit more about my hair so I can treat it right :)

Marjolein
July 15th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Looking at your picture I'd say 1A, reading your story I'd say 1B. Haha, sorry I can't be of more help!

Loreley
July 15th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I'd say 1b. :)

Naava
July 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Based on what you tell us and how your hair looks, I would call it 1bM. I can't tell you what the thickness of your hair would be, but that is easy to find out with a measuring tape (measure air dried, product and styling free hair).

tinti
July 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I thought it was a mix of theese two, too :)

tinti
July 15th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Shesh, I found out how much my pony measurething is. It's allmost 11 cm. I can understand why everyone is complaining.