PDA

View Full Version : Multi-quote aggravation

amaiaisabella
July 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I've finally figured out how to multi-quote, but when I click the Quote + icon for both the posts I want to multi-quote, it'll give me one of the posts I requested, and then give me another post on the thread that I most certainly did not click. I've tried refreshing and it's done it for me at least 5 times. What gives?

*edit* Clarified to add that I click multi-quote for both posts. Am I to click multi-quote for one and the regular quote button for the other? I'm thinking that might be the source of my confusion.

physicschick
July 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Am I to click multi-quote for one and the regular quote button for the other?

Yes, that ought to work. I think there's a thread on the test board with some instructions also.

amaiaisabella
July 14th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I've tried, but I'm rather a dunce when it comes to this. You'd think after two and half years... but ah well. I'll try that, thank you! :flower:

Tabitha
July 14th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yes the last of your quotes in a string of quotes needs the normal quote, not the multiquote option.

Gumball
July 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
And if you're just using "Quote+" while reading through, but then decide you want to stop there, you can hit the gray "Reply" button after the last post on the current page. It's well above the Quick Reply box so don't get it mixed up with the "Post Quick Reply" button.