PDA

View Full Version : Entering Day Three Of Oiling

prbysasha
July 14th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Now I have never oiled my hair (I was raised calling it grease) for any other reason but before blowdrying and then again afterwards. Which was never often.

After reading up on the benefits of oiling long hair I decided to see what I have in the bathroom cabinets and I came across some Softee Coconut Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner that I found at a dollar store and some Organics Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion.

The first night I detangled my clean dry hair into sections using my fingers and applied small amounts of the coconut oil from my ends up to my ears. and loosly braided it. The next afternoon I simply washed it out and conditioned it. I felt and saw an immediate difference, I allowed my hair to air dry and noticed much less flyaways and poofyness at my crown.

That evening I noticed my hair was less tangled at the nape and decided to use the lighter Olive Oil and oiled my hair sparingly. I woke up this morning to amazingly soft and good looking hair. I bun it at night smack dab on top of my head - because I cosleep with my youngest children they would get wrapped up in it at night and I am scared of strangling them or something horrible.

Today is a raining day in NYC and already I feel a difference, my hair doesnt feel as if it is growing with the humidity, it still looks great and feels awesome.

I can't believe that I may have had the proper hair care products sitting and literally collecting dust in my cabinets!! Thank you LHC!!

spidermom
July 14th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'm glad that you're enjoying awesome results.

vanity_acefake
July 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Isn't oiling great. Glad you had such good results. :)

Mexibeach
July 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
That is just excellent - great results. I just came back from Mexico and oiled my hair (it's short right now...) with coconut oil and it made so much difference even on my short hair. I was using a leave-in conditioner before I went in the ocean and when I got out. It helped, but the coconut oil is amazing!

Loreley
July 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Oiling is the best thing I've ever learned about hair care! :D

LoversLullaby
July 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I love oiling my hair. I'm sitting here with heavily EVOO oiled hair because I'm going to be washing it within an hour. My hair absolutely loves it. :)

Kristin
July 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Oiling is amazing. :) Congratulations!