PDA

View Full Version : PART 2 : help me decide ! (pics)

UltraBella
July 13th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Okay, round two. I already have some great suggestions for my hair color on the other thread I posted. Thanks to all who replied !!

My stylist just asked me if I will be cutting bangs or not. Appointment is on Friday. I have had both, and liked both. What do you all think ?
Warning : these pics may show up huge and poor quality. Atleast one is taken from a camera phone. Sorry !

Me with full bangs.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/l_52173479737d0fa6f7a1f607b70c62-1.jpg

Me with side bangs.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/Oct2007008.jpg

Me with no bangs.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/l_ef2c9836e968ded7f54756cd16573fea.jpg

breezefaerie
July 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I love all three looks, but prefer you with no bangs. You are gorgeous!

little_acorn
July 13th, 2010, 02:55 PM
All three look good. I vote for either no bangs or side bangs :)

chelseamichelle
July 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I love side bangs on you! You're very pretty!

ButterCup02
July 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
The side bangs and no bangs both look best to me :) If you want simple and don't want bangs to style, the no bangs look great on you!

Linnykinz
July 13th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Side-bangs looks very youthful, and no-bangs shows off your great complexion. It comes down to what are you planning to do with your hair now that you've reached your goal, grow it or just enjoy it? I'd say side bangs look great and can always grow out with more ease than regular bangs, or be put back if you want no bangs for a day :)

CrystalStar
July 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
No bangs definitely :) It was most flattering :)

jane53
July 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I asked you this in your other thread too, UltraBella: how much are you getting cut?

I'm getting a cut on Thursday.

Dragon
July 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I like the no bangs best.

jane53
July 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
P.S. No bangs.

But all options are beautiful! You can't go wrong!

Kristin
July 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I dunno. I like both on you. It really depends more on what you LIKE/personal style. I think no bangs is quicker on a daily basis, but I almost always have some type of bangs because I think they're more fun and versatile.

bumblebums
July 13th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I would vote "no bangs," but I am biased. You can always fake side bangs even if you have no bangs.

PiroskaCicu
July 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I love no bangs best! You are very beautiful :)

WelshLocks
July 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I like no bangs best because it shows off your lovely eyes and your facial structure. With the other two, there is a lot of hair around your face, and I think it takes away from how pretty your bone structure is.

Good luck with whatever you chose. I am very envious of your hair. :)

freckles
July 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I prefer no bangs :)

spidermom
July 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I vote no bangs, too.

tinti
July 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM
All three look good, but I loved the 2nd pic with your side bangs.

Jenn of Pence
July 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I also like no bangs :)

pennylane
July 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
You have very nice hair UltraBella! :)

Another vote here for either no bangs or for very long bangs ,much longer than the ones you have on the photo...jaw or neck length at least, not shorter than that!

BelleBot
July 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
No bangs vote from me. :) Though you look gorgeous in all 3.

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I vote side bangs, personally, but they all suit you very well.

serious
July 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I vote side bangs, too. Maybe a bit longer then the ones on the photo.

HintOfMint
July 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
All three pictures are lovely, mainly because you yourself are beautiful, but my vote is for no bangs.

Tonks
July 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Am I the only one who thought the full bangs looked the best? :P But honestly all three photos are beautiful, so it's all about what you'd like most!

Anje
July 13th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I vote no bangs. That said, I'm biased, and rarely prefer bangs on anyone.

Miasen
July 13th, 2010, 04:21 PM
All three suits you, but maybe no bangs the most. :)

Medievalmaniac
July 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
another vote for no bangs :)

UltraBella
July 13th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I asked you this in your other thread too, UltraBella: how much are you getting cut?

I'm getting a cut on Thursday.

Sorry, I must have missed it somehow ! I am cutting two inches off on Friday. I was going to cut five because it's summer and my hair is so WARM but I think I will start with two. Better safe than sorry !!!!

Am I the only one who thought the full bangs looked the best? :P But honestly all three photos are beautiful, so it's all about what you'd like most!

So far you are the only one ! The full bangs were really fun, but a pain to grow out once I decided I needed a change. I really did enjoy all these stages of my hair, so I am not sure which to choose.

jane53
July 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I must have missed it somehow ! I am cutting two inches off on Friday. I was going to cut five because it's summer and my hair is so WARM but I think I will start with two. Better safe than sorry !!!!

No apology necessary! I posted in both threads about the same time.

I'm getting 2-3 inches off on Thursday. Helps my hair move more smoothly. Gets it back up to hip-length, making it easier to manage when I want to wear it down.

Best of luck with your trim! Like I said elsewhere, you can't go wrong. All options you've presented are lovely and you and your hair are beautiful!

Deb!
July 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Am I the only one who thought the full bangs looked the best?

No you aren't, I also like the first photo the best.

goodenough
July 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I like the full bangs. They are beautiful.

frizzinator
July 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
You look fabulous in every photo, so in terms of how you will look, you cannot go wrong. Obviously, I'm no help.

I've grown out bangs over and over for many years. It was never pleasant. Since my hair is one of the few things in life I can control, and I want to eliminate frustration whenever possible, I prefer no bangs.

My mother always said, if you have an attractive forehead, don't cover it up with bangs because with age your forehead may not remain good looking forever.

The last time I had bangs, a stranger told me that when she looked at my face, all she could see was my bangs, which made me think that I was not wearing the bangs, but that the bangs were wearing me.

bumblebums
July 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM
My mother always said, if you have an attractive forehead, don't cover it up with bangs because with age your forehead may not remain good looking forever.

This is an excellent point.

Ravenwaves 88
July 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Bangs make you look sassy.......none is classy. I like both though so you really can't go wrong in my opinion. Good luck! ;)

Dragon
July 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM

I agree. But whatever you choose, They all look great. Best of luck with your trim.

DakarNick
July 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm going with no bangs. Also, 2" sounds better than 5" for sure!

GlassEyes
July 13th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Full bangs! :D

cdmorefield
July 13th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Love the full bangs, Hubby thought full bangs were the best too :)

Smile4Kiki
July 13th, 2010, 07:33 PM
My fave is no bangs. All three look great on you though!

twilight_faerie
July 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I like full bangs the best :) Second best is no bangs.

irisheyes
July 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
No bangs. You are too beautiful to cover any part of your face.

Lisa R
July 13th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I think that no bangs or fringe as most of us Aussies call it looked the best on your beautiful face. Even if the fringe started around chin length or shoulder length or somewhere in between. Not too short and not too long and it would frame your face beautifully without covering it up.

All the best with the hair cut and decision making!! Would be great to see pics of what you get done to your hair.

Vrushali
July 13th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I vote no bangs! You have such a pretty face and your hair is GORGEOUS!

TinaDenali
July 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I usually don't like bangs, but boy do you look gorgeous with bangs! Not that you don't in all the other pictures, but I just LOVE your face with bangs. My vote is natural hair color with bangs :)

rachelily
July 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
You are stunning. I love all three, but I am partial to the side bangs.

VitaR86
July 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I like the side bangs. I've always liked side bangs, but I hate having to deal with them when wanting to do.... anything. If my hair is pulled back, I need to pin them back or else they get in my face and annoy the hell out of me.

Jezerellica
July 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
You are stunning. I love all three, but I am partial to the side bangs.

What a beauty you are! This is my vote also. Side longish bangs get my vote. So you can put it up with some softness!

sneakybea
July 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I like the full bangs, but it's important to pick something that not only looks good, but that you are comfortable wearing and styling. I've always liked side swept bangs, but know that I would be constantly fiddling with them and find them annoying.

Really, you can pull off all three looks quite well.

Anywhere
July 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I vote side bangs. :)

catastrophe
July 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
All three are beautiful, but I vote no bangs as well! All the better to show off your pretty face! :)

*BelievingAgain
July 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
This is really hard! You really do look great with any of those styles - I was drawn to the first photo (full fringe) but I think that is also partly to do with your hair colour and eye make-up - it all just comes together so beautifully.
However you look just as gorgeous with a fringe, and it is definitely lower-maintenance for you, if that's what you like.
I have agonised over fringe/some fringe/no fringe often, so I understand what you are going through right now! :flower:

pepperminttea
July 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I like no bangs the most. :)

KahlanAmnell
July 14th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I can see why you are having issues deciding between hair color and bangs/no bangs, because all of them suit you. I'm leaning a little more towards no bangs.

Loreley
July 14th, 2010, 01:51 AM
All styles are pretty on you but I vote for no bangs, too. :)

BeatlesFanGirl
July 14th, 2010, 01:59 AM
You look beautiful with all hairstyles. :) I'd vote for side bangs, I'm also thinking of having it again. I had it last year, then grew it, because I hated to maintain it, but on me, side bangs looked much prettier.

share801
July 14th, 2010, 02:04 AM
My opinion is no bangs.

alwayssmiling
July 14th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Side bangs (all look nice though) :)

KittyLost
July 14th, 2010, 02:54 AM
All three look good but I say side-bangs would be the best.
That way you can have them when you want them and clip them back or up if you feel like having no bangs for the day. :)

sunshine-locks
July 14th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I like the full bangs look, actually :)
You really rock bangs
But its all up to you.

Dani
July 14th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Your face is so beautiful. :D I bet you are someone who smiles a lot at people, and makes them happy. :) It is so hard to find smiling faces around here, because everyone's so busy all the time in Arlington. My dd and I sometimes notice a person who looks very serious and we grin and do goofy things just to get a smile out of them; it's fun. :D We're very happy when it works, and it usually does!

Anyway, you really look great with all three looks (wish I could say the same for myself!), but I think the side bangs and no bangs look the very best- that is to say, you can see your whole face. But the cool thing about bangs of any sort is that you can just pin, french or dutch braid, or hold them back in a headband if you want, so there are always options... :) They definitely add some style and versatility, plus they just look cute. I wish I could wear bangs too, but my hair just does not deal well with them (only because I don't ever want to have to style them, so it's not their fault, just mine. ;)) Whatever you decide, have fun! :D

stkl
July 14th, 2010, 05:06 AM
full bangs all the way!! you look like a 50's movie star :) both you and your hair are gorgeous!

Denebi
July 14th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Full bangs or no bangs! With that face you probably could go bald and still look stunning ;) (Don't do it, your hair is also stunning)

Nera
July 14th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I love no bangs! You have a gorgeous face, so bangs would cover that up for no reason, even though you can handle bangs. No bangs is also more unique where I live, which is another reason why i prefer it!

Both look great by the way.

CrisDee
July 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Being the old fart that I am, I've learned that many of us reach the time in our lives when we want to cut bangs to hide wrinkles. Since you don't have any, my vote is to enjoy no-bangs now :)

TiltedHal0
July 14th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I like the second picture with longer bangs...Your face is proportional, so with or without looks good on you.

I'm just a bangs girl at heart and feel that there is more versatility with a light bang because styling wise, you can always pull bangs back as well as use them in a hairstyle. Plus bangs frame the eyes and make them pop.

I don't care for the first picture with the shorter bangs though...they are too short and look out of date. I would go with longer, mid nose bangs. I usually cut mine to just under my eyes...

Anyway, I'm one to give my honest opinion whenever asked, without worrying about what other people think...hope I'm helpful ;)

Sunsailing
July 14th, 2010, 06:17 AM
You have such a beautiful face and such nice hair that you'd look great with any hair style, at any length.

Of the three options, I personally think the no bangs shows off your gorgeous hair the best.

luckyduck
July 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM

I love the full bangs too!

Khiwanean
July 14th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I like with full bangs or no bangs myself. Full bangs really seem to bring out your eyes. No bangs really opens up your face, if that makes sense?

melrose1985
July 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I won't be of much help, you look great in all of them!

growing2shine
July 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
again you look very beautiful. I think no bangs.

senorasunny
July 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I like side bangs or no bangs. I have always wished I could pull off side bangs, but my hair is so fine that they just flop in my face instead of staying pushed over to the side. Your hair is beautiful!

strwbrry dakri
July 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I am seriously having some hair envy right now. (Hee hee, as I typed that, one of the gentlemen that works in the office across from ours walked by and said hello to me, and then told me that my hair looks nice. If he could see yours, there would be a trail of drool.)

But, I digress. You are beautiful in all three styles, but I must vote no bangs. Your eyes look enormous without them.

sibiryachka
July 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I have encountered *very* few people in my life who look great both as a blonde and as a redhead, AND look great with or without bangs. Seriously, the fairy godmothers must have had a partaay around your cradle!

paperwhite
July 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'd vote for full bangs--very fun!--or no bangs, where your entire face is visible. Honestly, looking the way you do, and having the hair you have, you can't go wrong! Close your eyes, point to one picture, and go with it! All three are beautiful options :)

masa_inn
July 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Side bangs!
You are absolutely gorgeous.

joiekimochi
July 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Side bangs!

1nuitblanche
July 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM
You are pretty pretty pretty! I think that side bangs look the best - they draw attention to your eyes. But if you're hesitating and really can't decide, just wait until next time to get them cut - you'll know you really want them if you regret not having them now.

italianamama
July 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
No bangs! You have a perfect heart shape to your face and the no bangs show it off the best.

UltraBella
July 15th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Thank you, everyone, for all your comments !!!! I really appreciate every single one of them.
I am still undecided on the bangs, but I have completely relaxed about the decision after reading that any decision I make will be okay. If I am not sure by Friday morning I have decided to wait, I can easily have them cut later. I have taken the pressure off myself. (atleast as far as the bangs are concerned) Don't get me started about the color, still having issues there :)

Aurantia
July 15th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Gah! You are so bloody gorgeous!

I have encountered *very* few people in my life who look great both as a blonde and as a redhead, AND look great with or without bangs. Seriously, the fairy godmothers must have had a partaay around your cradle!

Rotfl ... exactly.

Not sure if you'll be looking back on this thread any more before Friday, but I'm going to weigh in anyway. ;)

If I had only seen you represented in these three pictures, I'd probably vote for bangs, too. The problem is that the first picture -- fringe included -- is such a lovely photo, it's hard not to choose whatever hair is portrayed. But based on the others you've posted in the 'color' thread and in your profile I'd still say no bangs.

(Like the red vs. blond, if you decide you want bangs later you can always add them ... but unless they're press on, once added they're impossible to take off :D.)

UltraBella
July 15th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Lol, I'll be checking this thread until I leave for my appointment !
What you say is true, Aurantia, every time I look at a particular picture I talk myself back into that color, or bangs, or none. But then I look at the next picture and remember how much I liked that color or cut as well. It's a never ending cycle........ I want both.

FrannyG
July 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Oh my goodness, you are beautiful no matter what the cut or colour! Your face is perfect for any style.

Having said that, and even though I'm a bangs person, I prefer the no-bangs look on you.

Fiferstone
July 15th, 2010, 05:22 AM
I prefer no bangs as well, you can get false ones to have for a "temporary" look on days when you really, really want bangs, but once you cut them into your own hair, you are stuck with them, and then having to grow them out again is no fun once you want to be rid of them. I personally think that no bangs is more versatile, but I looked atrocious in bangs. Just check out the photo album for proof :).

Flossy
July 15th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I prefer no bangs on you. :)

Tap Dancer
July 15th, 2010, 06:49 AM
In order of what I like best:

1. No bangs
2. Full bangs
3. Side bangs

Katrina
July 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM
You have very pretty face :). No bangs looks best on you, on my opinion, but you can pull off side bangs too.

Kiraela
July 15th, 2010, 07:07 AM
You're beautiful all three ways, but I actually like the look of the full bangs best! There's just something very soft and feminine about it - and at least in that pic, it accentuates the shape of your eyebrows (Which I am envious of, btw!)

MuzicalH3rb
July 15th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I think they all look very pretty, but I really like the full bangs! You really can't go wrong with any choice. You'll look pretty no matter what.

jane53
July 15th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I agree. You can't go wrong with any choice. My hair trim is today. I'm vacillating between 1 inch, 2 inches, or 3 inches.

UltraBella
July 15th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I agree. You can't go wrong with any choice. My hair trim is today. I'm vacillating between 1 inch, 2 inches, or 3 inches.
Good luck with your choice !

laurathexplora
July 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I just can't get over how beautiful you are! My vote is no bangs. :)

Blueglass
July 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I think you look most classic and relaxed without the bangs. I think you look nice in all the photos, but bangs create an impression of trying too hard.

ericthegreat
July 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I vote for either the side bangs or no bangs at all. Full thick bangs hide your face, When you part your hair over to the side or go without bangs, you show off your beautiful forehead.

Oh a side note, I love the deep auburn haircolor you have. Its so striking and vibrant!

sarah061
July 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Tough decision! You look lovely all three ways :) I think I'd go for no bangs though, or side bangs. Those were my top two favorites. Good luck!

kabelaced
July 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Full bangs are my favorite! The look is very cute and soft.

The only thing that's annoying is when your love for the bangs goes south, you've got to grow them out...and it's so annoying to have to pin them out of your face! (That's why I stopped having bangs/side bangs.)

Have fun! :cheese:

longhairdream
July 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
First pic - no way !

Second pic - good !

Third pic - amazing ! > please dont cut !! You look gorgeous without bangs too ! :)

Eden_Rayn
July 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I vote full bang!!!

jaine
July 15th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Without bangs I think you look modern and sophisticated. With bangs, you look cute. I guess it depends on which look you're going for. :) I vote for modern and sophisticated!

Prettyeyes23
July 15th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I vote no bangs!

UltraBella
July 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
My appointment is in 12 hours and I still don't know which I like best...... Because I do like them each for certain reasons.
I like not having any bangs because it makes it easy to pull my hair back or put it up without having bangs to style.
I like side bangs because they give added softness around my face and I can still pull them back fairly easy.
I like full bangs because they are fun and I feel more stylish, even when my hair is just in a bun. But they require more commitment and are harder to pin back or grow out.
Hmmmmm..........

HeatherMae
July 16th, 2010, 12:55 AM
DH and I both vote for full bangs. Though you look amazing either way!!

DakarNick
July 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Well? Don't leave us hangin'!

strwbrry dakri
July 16th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Well? Don't leave us hangin'!

Really! I have looked all day to see what you decided? This is the best cliffhanger ever!

Capybara
July 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
:drama: :drama:

UltraBella
July 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hee hee, love the fact that some of you are waiting !!!
Just got home, super crazy out if control day !
Will go take pics now ! Hang on just a tiny bit longer :)

DakarNick
July 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hee hee, love the fact that some of you are waiting !!!
Just got home, super crazy out if control day !
Will go take pics now ! Hang on just a tiny bit longer :)

Ah, I know everyone is anxious, but we all have lives to live, haircuts or not! So take your time! :D

Celtic_Willow
July 16th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Aah! The suspense is killing me! :drama:

Fairlight63
July 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I vote "No Bangs" but you are beautiful with or without bangs.

Fufu
July 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
You look great in all 3 styles :)

strwbrry dakri
July 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM
While you're at it - How on Earth do you get those waves? Girl, that is some extremely fabulous hair!

Calaelen
July 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM
It looks like maybe you're getting no help here..lol.

You are beautiful with all three looks, but I agree with everyone who said no bangs, or very long face framing ones that start at the chin. You really do have a face that should be shown off, but all three look great, so maybe you and your SO should choose, as the collective voice here is really just hair obsessed strangers that will never get to see them on you in real life.

Here's to making a choice that you'll love for a long time! :ale:

P.S. I would definitely say no to the side bang, as it is such an over popular look right now, and kind of makes you look like you're trying, for lack of better way of putting it. Please Take no offense. Either the full bang or no bangs look best on you, in my opinion.

tanya222
July 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM
You look lovely in all 3, but I prefer the no bangs. You have lovely skin! (coming from someone who doesn't :o)

UltraBella
July 16th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Pics are posted ! New thread entitled HAIR APPOINTMENT RESULTS. Check it out if you have time :)

hmmm
July 18th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Why can't I find this thread :(

GRU
July 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Here's the new thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51974