View Full Version : I'm back. For real this time!

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Okay, I've been good and absent since about January. Hopefully, someone remembers me!

Long story short, I went through a bad breakup and did a lot of really stupid things to my hair. I bleached it, then went over it with henna, and then I was using a vegetable dye for a while to turn it pink, and then I dyed it black again. And then I got to APL... and chopped it all off at the nape.

Somehow, since cutting it twice in the last few months, I'm nearing collarbone, so I'm actually where I was last October or so; black hair brushing my shoulders.

I've been trying to get back onto the site for the last month or so because I want to get back on track, but I just remembered my password a few minutes ago.

So, basically, I'm restarting my whole hair journey all over again, though I can safely say my ends are a lot better this time around and I know a lot more. So... hi! :)

GlassEyes
July 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Why hallo there! :D Good luck with starting over!

marikamt
July 13th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Welcome back! Of course you are remembered...

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM
:3 Thanks! I'm the most excited to get back to the length I had before, since it was so easy to take care of. I miss having braids a lot. Hurray, patience.

Spike
July 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hi, Ranchero! Happy growing!

melrose1985
July 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Welcome back!

serious
July 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I remember you! :)
Welcome back!

jivete
July 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Welcome back! I remember you.

spidermom
July 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I remember you, too; good to see you.

bunnii
July 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM
hi I remember you :) I just came back today too, must be something in the air :D

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
hi I remember you :) I just came back today too, must be something in the air :D

Or something... in the hair? :eyebrows:

I have not lost my excellent wit, it seems.

bunnii
July 13th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Or something... in the hair? :eyebrows:

I have not lost my excellent wit, it seems.

:spitting:Indeed you haven't!

Dani
July 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Oh, thank goodness. Where the duce have you beeeen?! Oh yeah, you just said. Life here sucks without you. I'm glad you're back. :D And bunnii, too! Awesomeness.

Our hair is the same length, btw. :pumpkin:

enfys
July 13th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I'm glad you're back!!

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 01:19 PM
:3 Aww, thanks, Dani.

I also got into school and moved out of my parents house. Enough to make me want to rip out my remaining hair.

florenonite
July 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Wewt! I'm glad to see you back :D

Carolyn
July 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome back! Of course I remember you. Sounds like you did some fun stuff with your hair and now you're ready to grow again.

Loreley
July 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I remember you, welcome back! Happy growing! :)

jera
July 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Welcome back Ranch! We missed you. Especially us Twihards. :p Pegs got to meet Ashely Greene at a Twi con where she (Pegs ) was dressed in her baseball costume and Ashley reached out and hugged her. It was awesome !

VanillaTresses
July 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry that you had to go through all of that! But that said, I am glad to know that I am not the only person out there who tortures the living daylights out of my hair when I am dealing with / emerging from very stressful situations!

:blossom: Welcome back! :)

little_acorn
July 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Welcome back :flowers:

Dragon
July 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hello :) Good luck with starting over!

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
^___^ Thanks, errbody. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also glad I got all the insanity out of my system, especially since now I actually know what it does to my hair.

missfortune9335
July 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
lol, I remember you! I've been absent since before January and only recently made a return myself. welcome back :)

MandaMom2Three
July 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Yay!!!! You're (both) back! :cheese: I'm back to the begining too :p, chopped back to just above shoulder. I miss the length but I'm LOVING the thickness :D (oh man do hair posts ever sound like email spam LOL). I thought your hair rocked no matter what you did to it :D

missfortune9335
July 13th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I guess the holidays did us all in or what? :p (just kidding) well, here's to a summer of great hair growing ladies :toast:

RancheroTheBee
July 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Summer makes it grow faster! And uhm, fade really quickly, haha.

My city is practically flooding right now, meaning there's no point to straightening it anyway. I ironed it the other day, and I walked through a storm. :p Nature says put away the iron, I guess.

paperwhite
July 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Haha, welcome back! Of course we remember you :) I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but I'm happy you're back and ready to start growing again. I didn't know you were into Twilight :hifive:

Welcome back Ranch! We missed you. Especially us Twihards. :p Pegs got to meet Ashely Greene at a Twi con where she (Pegs ) was dressed in her baseball costume and Ashley reached out and hugged her. It was awesome !

How cool for Pegs!

triumphator!
July 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome back, and nice to meet you! : )

EdG
July 13th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome back! :)
Ed

*BelievingAgain
July 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome back! I hope your journey has fewer bumps in the ride from now on... break-ups are always bad for hair growing I think! ;) :flower:

Culdayne
July 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I remember you! I love your LHC name, by the way. :) Welcome back!

Dani
July 14th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I thought your hair rocked no matter what you did to it :D

I must second this. Your hair looks great in every pic! Your short red hair cut is one of the greatest short cuts I've ever seen, and I need to not look at it again because it makes me want to do that to my head TODAY. :p

Altocumulus
July 14th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Welcome back! Good to see you again!

linda g
July 14th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I remember you! Your user name is one of the ones that made wish I'd been a little more creative :D

Welcome back :)

jel
July 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Welcome back! :D Here's to summer hair growing! :bottomsup:

rags
July 14th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Welcome back! I remember you. :waving:

redneckprincess
July 14th, 2010, 07:47 AM
WELCOME BACK!!! of course i remember you..I did some trimming the past few months and am not much longer then since January in length, but my layers are slowely dissappering and my hemling is loads thicker...still at APL though...on another year long no trimming quest!!!

glad your back

Tangerine
July 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I remember you! You have the coolest username. :D Welcome back!

kimki
July 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Welcome back :) I've returned from a break too, although my hair is quite a bit shorter than yours.:o

embee
July 14th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Welcome back! So you got into school and out of your parents' house? That's cool. What are you going to study?

What is it about breakups that so often kills hair? Been there done that and it really makes little sense to me. :)

RancheroTheBee
July 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome back! So you got into school and out of your parents' house? That's cool. What are you going to study?

What is it about breakups that so often kills hair? Been there done that and it really makes little sense to me. :)

Sociology with a concentration in Criminology. Since I'd already amassed a bunch of credits, I'm a 1/4 of the way done already. Whee!

I'm not sure. The sheer freedom, maybe?

Chrissy
July 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi! I remember you too. It's nice to see people returning.