PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go Back To Blonde?

Oksana
July 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I'm having a real hair dilemma and I have no idea what route to choose. I am naturally a light blonde but in feburary I decided to dye my hair dark brown. I love the colour and its great to have a change but my roots are really getting me down. Within 2 weeks of doing them i have regrowth which looks awful and my baby hairs at the front of my face hold the dye for literally a week before returning to light blonde. So im seriously considering going back to my natural colour.

There is a product in the UK called colourb4 (http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4.-Hair-colour-remover-extra-strength-by-Scott-Cornwall-hair-expert._1000976/) which claims to remove colour without bleach. A friend of mine used this and it brought her colour from black to a light gingery brown. If it had the same effect on me, i would then, i presume have to bleach to blonde. Is this going to kill my hair? Would i be better to keep retouching my roots while my hair grows?

Help!:o I have colour pics if needed.

Francoise1606
July 14th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I don't think I'll be that much help but I have used similar products before, colorfix and color oops. They worked and I guess that your product is a british brand of the same kind. For me they lightened my hair a lot, but some people have reported that after they used them the colour gradually darkened to what it was before it was removed. Maybe you could call some hairsalons and ask them how they would go about and remove the colour, but without actually making an appointment. That way you'll have more information, when you do decide whether or not to do it at home. Hope it works out for you:)

Francoise1606
July 14th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I just looked in your album and I just have to say that your curls are really beautiful :)

Oksana
July 14th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Thanks Francoise1606 :) My Aunt owns a hair salon so im gonna drive out to her today for some strand tests. She thinks that since ive only applied one 'layer' of colour and won't have build up, that the colour remover should eliminate a good proportion of the dye. Fingers crossed :D