PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a random CO question.

LadyLately
July 13th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows of any cone-free conditioners that smell kind of like Midnight Poison by Dior? I've Googled about every search term I can think of, and nothing on any of them within the first 20 pages (when I get bored and switch).

christine1989
July 13th, 2010, 01:33 AM
That's a good question...my conditioner (hugo naturals ylang ylang conditioner) smells spicy and a bit like licorice. It reminds me a lot of hypnotic poison by dior but I have never smelled any that can compare to midnight poison. The complexity of designer perfumes just cannot compare to the simple smell conditioner. That would be a great idea though- to create conditioner modeled after popular perfumes. Heck, if they can do it with lotion they can do it with hair poducts. :)

LadyLately
July 13th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah. A woodsy rose-scented one or something just generally spicy would probably be a lot easier to find, but I wanted to check with a large group of people that make a habit of studying their conditioner.

Mainly I wanted to know because it's pretty much the only perfume I've ever gone completely gaga over (most other perfumes I think smell nice, but are mostly meh) and sometimes I forget my one-spritz a day (I love my perfume, but I do try to make it alright for allergy people I might walk past).

Any general reccomendations, O People who know what it smells like?

HintOfMint
July 13th, 2010, 01:41 AM
That is a pretty specific request.

I have never smelled Midnight Poison, however, I looked up the notes on Basenotes. The top ones are orange and bergamot, the middle one is rose, and the base notes are patchouli and amber. I suppose you can find essential oils or perfume oils that come close to the dominant scent of your perfume, and just add it to a conditioner that has a scent that perhaps goes with the notes.
I googled "perfume oils," and found a site that sells a pretty extensive selection and also does oil reproductions of existing designer scents. (Evidently, one cannot copywrite scent?) Here is the Christian Dior page (unfortunately they do not have Midnight Poison)
http://www.thefragranceshop.com/index.php?TAG=Christian-Dior-type&section=designer-fragrances_zoom
Hope this works!

LadyLately
July 13th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Oooooh, fancy. I'll have to look into that. Thank you! I think I remember a post somewhere about there being a company that makes 'base' conditioner for just such a thing that i read in my aggressive lurking before signing up. I'll have to look it up.

HintOfMint
July 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Just a warning though, I just checked the prices on their site and it's a bit expensive. Obviously because perfume oils are usually just for dabbing on and I don't know how much you intend to use in a bottle of conditioner.
Ah well, perfume oils in general may be a good start to getting a tailored scent for your conditioner. Good luck!

LadyLately
July 13th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'd have to use very much scent per bottle (or whatever unit of mixing). But I could be wrong.

lundmir
July 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
If anyone has an answer for this, they would become my hero. That's my favorite perfume ever.

LadyLately
July 16th, 2010, 11:35 PM
So, I've been looking into scenting my own stuff, and several people mention BPAL in scent threads. I've looked at their site a lot, and it seems they go for that general 'style' of scent. I don't suppose anyone would have any recommendations for complements to the perfume? Or something? I'm not sure.

Also, how exactly does one scent one's own conditioner? How much do you use?

Stormphoenix
July 17th, 2010, 12:18 AM
LadyLately, "(I love my perfume, but I do try to make it alright for allergy people I might walk past)." As I have gotten older, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of such (non) smells more and more.

A hearty (deep inhale) thank you.